8-8 would be the worst thing for this franchise

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Doesn't look like a top ten defense right now. Two weeks consecutive 300 yard passers with passer ratings 131.5 and 98.5. Defensive passer rating over 100. They did pick up a fumble and 1 INT so that's something, but it only gives them 4 turnovers in five games. They are running slightly behind last year's 21.

They are balling. Forget stats sometimes and use your eyes.

For as little money as we are spending on that side, they are flat out BALLING.

Took Richard's to come in here and figure things out and start calling plays, but this defense can play.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Not to worry....Waving Monkey will post some stats and articles that will prove Dak Prescott is fixable and that we're headed for 10-6 and playoff bound baby!!!
So all is well baby all is well.......
:lmao2::laugh::lmao:

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
None of the remaining teams on our schedule are markedly better than we are. I say we go 7-9 when all is said and done.

Agreed. 6 or 7 wins. We're probably getting at least 2 of the remaining 5 NFCE games (2 with the Skins, 2 with the Eagles, and @ the Giants). Plus TN and TB at home. I can envision at least 4-5 more wins. That's 6-7. Just...lovely.

Hate to say it, because I don't want them to quit, but I wish they'd quit on Garrett already and be done with it.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Agreed. 6 or 7 wins. We're probably getting at least 2 of the remaining 5 NFCE games (2 with the Skins, 2 with the Eagles, and @ the Giants). Plus TN and TB at home. I can envision at least 4-5 more wins. That's 6-7. Just...lovely.

Hate to say it, because I don't want them to quit, but I wish they'd quit on Garrett already and be done with it.

I enjoy all victories. I don't like teams that quit or tank. You don't remove that stink of failing without effort. But in many ways I agree that whatever forces JJ's hand to move on from this loser is probably our only chance at ever being king of the hill again.

kramskoi

Reaction score
They are balling. Forget stats sometimes and use your eyes.

For as little money as we are spending on that side, they are flat out BALLING.

Took Richard's to come in here and figure things out and start calling plays, but this defense can play.
Sorry...don't see it yet. I'm always reticent to give the defense anything in the first four games. They are pretty much where they have always been under Garrett/Marinelli. I will let you know when that changes. Houston's offense is about average at present. They are a solid defensive unit yes, but they still lack in the secondary. No defensive lineman made the sack list against Houston. They disappeared against Seattle as well.

Maybe your screen-name is somewhat telling.

Reaction score
I think we will be 2-5 at BYE.
Next Week vs. Jags, how will we get Points against this D?? KC managed 23 offensive Points with all their weapons and a red hot QB. I dont think we sorce 20.
Then @ Skins. No.1 Pass D, No. 6 against the run and No. 1 scoring D (14.7 points/game). Sure it's a Divisional Game. But can we score enough to win, i think not.

Maybe, just maybe. Christmas will be on Monday, October 22nd an 2-5 will be enough to get rid of JG and SL.

Carter

Reaction score
We didnt fire Garrett after 4-12.

What makes u believe they will do this Season?

Flamma

Reaction score
If you take a look at our schedule then you have to think that we won't make it to 8 wins this year. We just can't score points.

@Jaguars
Commanders
@ Titans
Eagles
Falcons
@ Commanders
@ Saints
@ Eagles
Colts
@ Buccaneers
Giants

I don't know how many wins you guys see there but I see 3 or 4.

That's exactly what I see. Because if the Cowboys win 8 games then they have improved over what we're currently seeing.

Flamma

Reaction score
Even 6-10 would be good enough for Jerry.

Anything 8-8 or below and this is Jason Garrett's last season. I know a lot of people are critical of Jones and rightfully so. But at some point enough is enough and you have to ask yourself if the man is mentally ******** or not. I don't think he is. The way this season is going I'm not sure Garrett makes it to the end. We're going to lose 4 of the next 5 games. It's not going to be pretty.

doomsday808

Reaction score
8-8 would be "winning" without a WR, TE and Frederick and another year of Garrett. There would have to be a players revolt to get rid of Garrett.

kramskoi

Reaction score
Anything 8-8 or below and this is Jason Garrett's last season. I know a lot of people are critical of Jones and rightfully so. But at some point enough is enough and you have to ask yourself if the man is mentally ******** or not. I don't think he is. The way this season is going I'm not sure Garrett makes it to the end. We're going to lose 4 of the next 5 games. It's not going to be pretty.
Well considering that Jones is already on the record as saying that "It's not playoffs or bust for Jason Garrett" (in 2018) you have to wonder just who's been holding the monkey wrench over the last couple of years since Romo's impolite removal.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...layoffs-or-bust-for-cowboys-garrett/37144043/

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
No need to worry about that, not going 8-8 with this schedule. Only question is if the wheels come off this thing and causes the Cowboys to clean house with the coaching staff both offense and defense. I do believe Stephen is no fan of Garrett and wants him gone .

birdwells1

Reaction score
Part of the reason why I'm not upset about the loss. This is still a ****** offense with a mediocre QB, no game breakers at WR, and we all know about the coaching staff.

Nope, the worst thing for this team is to finish 8-8. Does not get you into the post season. Does not get Garrett and Co. fired. Does not net you a top 10 draft pick. This is NOT a winning football team; we know that. So a 26-24 win against the Lions means very little in the end.

We need a reboot, and it can't happen until we hit rock bottom. We know that. Knew it in 1988 and again in 2002.

I, my friend, like you look at the macro. I ask myself "is Garrett really a superbowl winning coach? Is Dak really a superbowl winning qb?" the resounding answer is no. Then if that's the case the worst thing that could happen is the Cowboys going 8-8 because JJ is looking for any reason to keep JG and that record would be enough.

We need a new coach and he shouldn't have to be saddled with Dak, you saw last night what a promising qb looks like with Watson. We need to draft our next franchise qb and bring in an offensive minded hc to coach him, lets get on with the future because right now we're just spinning our wheels.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So what? So we win. And then what? Fire Garrett. To complain about the QB at this point is just stupid. We had Romo for 10 years and it didn't matter. Cant overcome Garrett. Do you want to win championships or do you want to squeak by bad teams?

Get on the bandwagon buddy. We need to ride Garrett out of town. Whatever happens afterwards we will worry about afterwards.

Ride Romo out of town...Ride Dez out of town....Ride Garrett out of town ......Ride our current Dak Friendly WR out of town....Ride...Ride....Ride....dang man....can you Say DAK TROLL.....say it loud my brother say it LOUD!!!!

George

a legend in your own mind
Reaction score
Part of the reason why I'm not upset about the loss. This is still a ****** offense with a mediocre QB, no game breakers at WR, and we all know about the coaching staff.

Nope, the worst thing for this team is to finish 8-8. Does not get you into the post season. Does not get Garrett and Co. fired. Does not net you a top 10 draft pick. This is NOT a winning football team; we know that. So a 26-24 win against the Lions means very little in the end.

We need a reboot, and it can't happen until we hit rock bottom. We know that. Knew it in 1988 and again in 2002.
We are “stuck on stupid”. We need drastic front office changes.

cml750

Reaction score
Why do you care who the QB is with Garrett as coach? We had Romo for 10 years and it didn't even matter. Even Romo couldn't overcome the horrid Garrett. Get your priorities straight.
:hammer::hammer::hammer:

vampyro

Reaction score
I'd like to extremely suck this year, I can't do 8-8 anymore. We need to stink, like our offense and defense does anyways. And anyone that thinks our defense is good, please. We need an All-Star coaching staff like we had in the 70s and 90s. That's where it starts, and let them choose the players.
If the coaches keep trying to get Dak to be Aaron Rodgers they may only win 5 games. Dak didnt even run on a designed play...they should workhorse dak more...its not like he has this superstar contract.