8-8 would be the worst thing for this franchise

Mr_Strol

Reaction score
If you take a look at our schedule then you have to think that we won't make it to 8 wins this year. We just can't score points.

@Jaguars
Commanders
@ Titans
Eagles
Falcons
@ Commanders
@ Saints
@ Eagles
Colts
@ Buccaneers
Giants

I don't know how many wins you guys see there but I see 3 or 4.

Dallas is certainly not good. But not very QBs left on the schedule scare me. Brees and maybe Ryan? This team could win 5 or 6 of those games, Unfortunately.

RD21

Reaction score
With simply an above average QB, the Cowboys win vs. Houston easily. A brilliant defensive performance was wasted due to horrible QB play. Multiple interceptions, 66 QB rate, off target passes all night. Dak is lucky he didn't have a 3rd interception. If you want to discuss priorities, let's discuss the fact the GM under-invested in the most important position on the team.
Agree 100%. This post summed up the game perfect. One of our best defensive performances in some time. Sad that we were outcoached, & couldn't put an NFL offense on the field. The Texans aren't that good...

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
If you take a look at our schedule then you have to think that we won't make it to 8 wins this year. We just can't score points.

@Jaguars
Commanders
@ Titans
Eagles
Falcons
@ Commanders
@ Saints
@ Eagles
Colts
@ Buccaneers
Giants

I don't know how many wins you guys see there but I see 3 or 4.
Traditionally during the Garret era our great franchise seems to do well and peak during the middle. Of the season. We started 2-3 almost every year with Garrett yet always put ourselves in a position to get into the playoffs so I wouldn’t be surprised to see the team start win some game in October and November

CB61

Reaction score
My fear is Dak plays just well enough to keep his job, and the team continues to roll with him.
The only good thing is that he is playing on a rookie contract but we all know that Jerry loves to hand out 5 year 50 million-dollar contracts to underperforming players that's what worries me more, unless of course we have a really crappy season and have a high draft pick but they will probably screw that up again to

CB61

Reaction score
Not to mention like I've said a couple weeks ago someone wrote an article about a culture problem in Dallas and that I would say would be Jerry Jones I believe that is very real and until they change that culture we are not going to be successful no matter who we have

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Cowboys had the 5th highest rated QB in history ( only 4 others that have played the position better statiscaly ) and Cowboys did nothing . As long as Garett is coach , this team is doomed no matter who starts QB.

conner01

Reaction score
You need to be good eanough to get the the playoffs or bad enough to draft in the top 10
Missing the playoffs and drafting in the middle of each round is the worst case scenario

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
The OP is spot on. Red will do just enough to justify Jerry keeping him on.

kramskoi

Reaction score
Agree 100%. This post summed up the game perfect. One of our best defensive performances in some time. Sad that we were outcoached, & couldn't put an NFL offense on the field. The Texans aren't that good...
They still gave up 462 yards of offense. 374 passing.

Flamma

Reaction score
Well considering that Jones is already on the record as saying that "It's not playoffs or bust for Jason Garrett" (in 2018) you have to wonder just who's been holding the monkey wrench over the last couple of years since Romo's impolite removal.

Who cares what's on record? That's like asking someone how do they like their marriage right in front of their wife. You want to believe their answer, go ahead. But an owner will almost never say it's playoffs or bust for a coach when asked.

kramskoi

Reaction score
Who cares what's on record? That's like asking someone how do they like their marriage right in front of their wife. You want to believe their answer, go ahead. But an owner will almost never say it's playoffs or bust for a coach when asked.
You want to ignore the article AND Jones go ahead. You want to ignore just how comfortable he is with Garrett then go ahead. You want to ignore that there are still a few scapegoats left in the building then go ahead. I will believe it when I see it.

"If I may be so bold, I'd say he's a lot better coach today than he was last year or the year before that or the year before that," - Jerry Jones (July 26, 2018)

kramskoi

Reaction score
If the coaches keep trying to get Dak to be Aaron Rodgers they may only win 5 games. Dak didnt even run on a designed play...they should workhorse dak more...its not like he has this superstar contract.
You mean trying to develop him as a quarterback...beyond what he was in college?

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Part of the reason why I'm not upset about the loss. This is still a ****** offense with a mediocre QB, no game breakers at WR, and we all know about the coaching staff.

Nope, the worst thing for this team is to finish 8-8. Does not get you into the post season. Does not get Garrett and Co. fired. Does not net you a top 10 draft pick. This is NOT a winning football team; we know that. So a 26-24 win against the Lions means very little in the end.

We need a reboot, and it can't happen until we hit rock bottom. We know that. Knew it in 1988 and again in 2002.
This is a Jason Garrett coached team. They are destined to be 8-8

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Part of the reason why I'm not upset about the loss. This is still a ****** offense with a mediocre QB, no game breakers at WR, and we all know about the coaching staff.

Nope, the worst thing for this team is to finish 8-8. Does not get you into the post season. Does not get Garrett and Co. fired. Does not net you a top 10 draft pick. This is NOT a winning football team; we know that. So a 26-24 win against the Lions means very little in the end.

We need a reboot, and it can't happen until we hit rock bottom. We know that. Knew it in 1988 and again in 2002.
I have no confidence in this team not to screw it up.

MS17

Reaction score
8-8 would be "winning" without a WR, TE and Frederick and another year of Garrett. There would have to be a players revolt to get rid of Garrett.
This is right on the money, precisely.
Even a 7-9 ish finish would bring back the perennial king of mediocrity and his staff. The price you pay for having a faux general manager.

RD21

Reaction score
They still gave up 462 yards of offense. 374 passing.
I don't care how many yards they gave up. I care about the scoreboard. 16pts through 4 quarters.... that's a good defensive effort. Goal line stands.... impressive.

There's way more to the game than stats. The only stat that matters is the score. This loss was solely on the offense in my opinion. If you watched that game, & didn't think our defense turned in a great effort, I don't know what to say.

kramskoi

Reaction score
I don't care how many yards they gave up. I care about the scoreboard. 16pts through 4 quarters.... that's a good defensive effort. Goal line stands.... impressive.

There's way more to the game than stats. The only stat that matters is the score. This loss was solely on the offense in my opinion. If you watched that game, & didn't think our defense turned in a great effort, I don't know what to say.
Solid effort yes but Houston is not a top ten offense...they are about average at present. A top ten offense is playing tonight in New Orleans.