☆The Wonder of You
☆An American Trilogy
☆Burning Love
☆Seperate Ways
☆Promised Land
☆How Great Thou Art...Live
☆Moody Blue
☆Way Down
Presley was one of about six singers who I really enjoyed their renditions of Amazing Grace. Aretha's version won out of all the performers in the end. That said, Elvis' take has always been extremely moving and uplifting for me. Kinda thought you might like to know that... you know... since it was about the King of Rock & Roll. :cool::p

cowboyec

Reaction score
Presley was one of about six singers who I really enjoyed their renditions of Amazing Grace. Aretha's version won out of all the performers in the end. That said, Elvis' take has always been extremely moving and uplifting for me. Kinda thought you might like to know that... you know... since it was about the King of Rock & Roll. :cool::p
AMEN!!!!

Xelda

Reaction score
8....50s Elvis
☆Thats All Right
☆Good Rockin' Tonight
☆Baby Lets Play House
☆Mystery Train
☆Heartbreak Hotel
☆Hound Dog
☆Don't Be Cruel
☆All Shook Up

8....60s Elvis
☆Its Now or Never
☆Are You Lonesome Tonight
☆Can't Help Falling In Love
☆Little Sister
☆His Latest Flame
☆If I Can Dream
☆In The Ghetto
☆Suspicious Minds

8...70s Elvis
☆The Wonder of You
☆An American Trilogy
☆Burning Love
☆Seperate Ways
☆Promised Land
☆How Great Thou Art...Live
☆Moody Blue
☆Way Down
There's something exceedingly admirable about your devotion.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
No doubt that he was the total package......looks, talent, great voice.......you have to feel for him though....he was surrounded by people constantly yet he was a very lonely man even to his death.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Lol. Probably a wise choice. That’s a tough SOB.
You mention the phrase "SOB", and it reminded me; I have no idea how many times I've heard Johnny Cash's A Boy Named Sue in my 55 years of life, and always wondered what they bleeped out at the end. I was at the point where I just figured there was no unedited recording of the song, but today on Sirius/XM they played the exact same version of the song, but when I was ready to hear the censor tone, he said, " 'cause I'm the son of a ***** that named you Sue!" What's more, it was followed up with, "...I think I'm gonna name him Bill, or George, anything but Sue...I still hate that damned name!" I'd never even realized they'd censored 'damned' out of the record. I've had several albums with the studio edition of the song, and now I finally know what he said.

I can die now.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You mention the phrase "SOB", and it reminded me; I have no idea how many times I've heard Johnny Cash's A Boy Named Sue in my 55 years of life, and always wondered what they bleeped out at the end. I was at the point where I just figured there was no unedited recording of the song, but today on Sirius/XM they played the exact same version of the song, but when I was ready to hear the censor tone, he said, " 'cause I'm the son of a ***** that named you Sue!" What's more, it was followed up with, "...I think I'm gonna name him Bill, or George, anything but Sue...I still hate that damned name!" I'd never even realized they'd censored 'damned' out of the record. I've had several albums with the studio edition of the song, and now I finally know what he said.

I can die now.
Lol. It’s funny how times have changed. The radio bleeped out the “*****” in SOB in The Devil Went Down to Georgia, and “sh1t” in Jet Airliner in the 1970s, but years before the censors let Chuck Berry play with his “ding-a-ling” and The Who play with mamma’s “squeezebox”.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Simple Man - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Fall To Pieces - Velvet Revolver
Honey Bee - SRV
The Wind Cries Mary - Jimi Hendrix
Fuel - Metallica
Bridge of Sighs - Robin Trower
Born on The Bayou - CCR
Dogs - Pink Floyd

Eight for the moment.......many, many more could be named.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Lol. It’s funny how times have changed. The radio bleeped out the “*****” in SOB in The Devil Went Down to Georgia, and “sh1t” in Jet Airliner in the 1970s, but years before the censors let Chuck Berry play with his “ding-a-ling” and The Who play with mamma’s “squeezebox”.
AM radio played the "son of a gun" version of Devil Went Down to Georgia, and FM played the "son of a b**** " version, at least in the NYC stations that I grew up hearing.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Simple Man - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Fall To Pieces - Velvet Revolver
Honey Bee - SRV
The Wind Cries Mary - Jimi Hendrix
Fuel - Metallica
Bridge of Sighs - Robin Trower
Born on The Bayou - CCR
Dogs - Pink Floyd

Eight for the moment.......many, many more could be named.
Some interesting choices here that I give a thumbs up to. Bridge of Sighs is a great song, and I like the choice of The Wind Cries Mary and simple Man over the more popular and commercialized songs from those artists.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AM radio played the "son of a gun" version of Devil Went Down to Georgia, and FM played the "son of a b**** " version, at least in the NYC stations that I grew up hearing.
I think even FM played the “son of a gun” where I grew up (West Texas). And Jet Airliner was “funky kicks” instead of “funky sh#t”.

But Foghat could take a “slow ride”, AC/DC got shook all night long, The Who could go “in and out, in and out, in and out” while playing with mamma’s squeezebox and never sleeping at, and Alice Cooper could tell us how “only women bleed”