News: 8 Under The Radar Standouts From OTA Practice

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Gallimore is your starter. He's not sweating a couple of ham and eggers like Urban and Watkins. Gallimore or even that stiff Hill are not fighting off Bohanna. They play two totally different positions.

Bohanna is competing against himself as the lone nose tackle.
Oh yeah, forgot we're switching to more of a 3-4 base.

Creeper

Reaction score
There is enough video of Watkins to see that he is just a JAG.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Really? I like Urban better. I saw a nice video piece breaking down both guys and he liked Urban.

Anae was a long shot. Doesnt have much of a value other than a situational type pass rusher. Terrible against the run. Undersized. And when you combine that with what Quinn seems to be looking for, I dont see him fitting in here.
I'll settle for either Watkins or Urban panning out. Haven't seen a depth chart but Urban is probably listed as the starter at 1T. I assume Watkins and the franchise savior Bohanna will rotate in.

I think you're right on Anae, but situational pass rushers are needed. Not easy to find quality second string rushers....and I think he has the potential to be at least that.

Teams are throwing 50 times a game....literally double what it was not so long ago.

We already know what Basham is and isn't. At least that potential high upside is there with Anae.

Try hard types are always welcome IMO. He is that if nothing else.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
I think urban and Watkins are gonna will have a solid impact on the team. I know most thought they were blue light special signings but I think both play much more impactful than most expect
Hopefully Anae gets a real shot

With our DL being treated so badly last year , average NFL starters is an ugrade definitley.

CWR

Reaction score
Urban is here to stay. If Watson makes the team that means either Hill or Gallimor won't.
I'd rather we keep Basham and Anae over Armstrong.

But all the additions to the defense will create competition in camp. LVE and J.Smith are fighting off Parsons. Hill and Gallimore are fighting off Urban, Watson and Bohanna. Brown and Lewis are fighting off Robinson, Wright and Joseph.

So we'll have some good competitions going on, on every level of our defence.
:clap:

Yup, this will be one of the more competitive camps in recent memory. OTAs are a nice reflection of what is to come. Nobody wants to lose an inch of momentum because there is competition throughout. (Defense.)

Agree with you on Urban too. He was brought in to stop the run. I dont see him going anywhere.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
They absolutely MUST find a way to keep Anae.

He has plus rush skills and even if he isn't quite there yet....they can't give up on him just yet due to roster numbers.

I mean, he was drafted a year ago. If the team bails on him, it's a hell of statement about their scouting department. To expect a 5th rounder to be a polished player 1 or 2 years into their NFL career is just dumb. He was a 5th rounder for a reason. Sometimes you strike gold and get a player in those rounds who is way ahead of the pack, but most often you should be viewing these guys as developmental players.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I mean, he was drafted a year ago. If the team bails on him, it's a hell of statement about their scouting department. To expect a 5th rounder to be a polished player 1 or 2 years into their NFL career is just dumb. He was a 5th rounder for a reason. Sometimes you strike gold and get a player in those rounds who is way ahead of the pack, but most often you should be viewing these guys as developmental players.
Can't be sure, but I think they boasted about having a higher grade on him.

The media mocks had the same general sentiment, part of why last years draft was considered such a home run.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
I think urban will surprise some people

Yes, I think he may get time at the 1 tech. Bohanna of course is no surprise going to make the team as a 1 tech, but Urban apparently can do it too and usually coaches trust experience early in the season.

BTW, a couple of fun anagrams for Gallimore, which under no circumstances should be used as a nickname:

Arm Leg Oil
Image Roll
Grail Mole
Gorilla Me
A Mole Girl

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Wondering if Rico Dowdle might work his way into getting some reps this year! Zeke isn't getting any younger! :grin:

McKDaddy

Reaction score
They get me every year… Einstein said it best. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
water with a little vinegar. that should be Cowboy fans official drink!!

J-man

Reaction score
I'll take this news for what it's worth, which isn't much. But I'm still glad to hear it. Very Happy Kazee is looking good this early in the recovery process. That gives me some hope of having decent FS play this year.
Glad to hear Anae may be improving, I've been pulling for that kid.