News: 8 Under The Radar Standouts From OTA Practice

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Urban makes it by name only. Being a Cowboy is in Urban’s DNA. It is fate.

Urban Cowboy - go watch the movie.

I’m not sure about Kazee. Every time I see his name I think of a kazoo. Don’t know if that bodes well or not.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Standard offseason fluff. Absolutely meaningless.
We all know that. Every story like this is fluff for every team.

I just don't see the harm of folks getting excited about the team. Most realize it means nothing right now, but after last year, hell it even gets my blood flowin' a bit.

I did however give you a like because, well you know, it's like a rule or something.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
The Kazee news is exciting to me.

can’t tell much from OTA’s. But for Kazee to already be a full participant and running and cutting without issue. That is HUGE.

Kazee is a solid FS, if back to full health. He will be the best centerfield safety we have had in a long time.

Him being a full participant is the biggest news of OTA’s behind Dak. IMO.
Agreed.

Didn't expect him being able to do so much after such a surgery. Modern medicine is amazing, but so is the human body.

What a huge boost he's going to be if he's ready for the word go imho.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Be careful hype train coming thru. Some of y'all gonna tear an ACL trying to jump off later on, save yourself.
Haha. I will say it's nice to have some positive news and it's not the usual topic here. Those two alone makes it exciting for me.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
8 Under The Radar Standouts From OTA Practice

ozlyfrqtipce9vpehbhm.jpg

Hek’ma Harrison
DallasCowboys.com Analyst

Carlos Watkins came out with some bounce at Tuesday's practice, literally leap frogging a standing tackling dummy. That's an impressive feat for a man weighing in at 6'3, 300 pounds. The fifth year defensive tackle, former fourth-round pick ,was very impressive showing powerful hands in reaction drills. Watkins is athletic and maintains balance when engaged. He's a very good striker with above average bend.

Damontae Kazee ruptured his Achilles tendon in 2020? That's the question I kept asking myself while watching team drills. Modern medicine has made some serious advancements, because Kazee seems to be showing zero effects from the injury. Kazee covered ground easily from the safety position, planted his feet and also changed directions smoothly. Kazee closes ground quickly and uses good angles getting to the ball. The organization took a ton of heat for not taking a true safety in the draft. Seeing Kazee's progress on the field might help explain why.

Bradlee Anae looks like he's packed on some pounds during the offseason. With the addition of size he's noticeably more explosive. He displayed several moves from a chop swim, club, rip, and spin move. Another improvement is his balance and feet. Not only is he exploding out of his stance but he's keeping his feet active. Anae worked well in one-on-one with hand technique. Fine tuning his hand fighting may help him gain playing time, especially with his disadvantage of arm length.

Tarell Basham's most recognizable trait is his motor. He doesn't stop. He is quick off the ball. He worked on moves at half speed, getting coached on his feet and hand placement. Basham has to add more moves to his arsenal and increase his flexibility to make an impact. No matter what, count on Basham to go full speed.

The rest....

That was well written.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
8 Under The Radar Standouts From OTA Practice

ozlyfrqtipce9vpehbhm.jpg

Hek’ma Harrison
DallasCowboys.com Analyst

Carlos Watkins came out with some bounce at Tuesday's practice, literally leap frogging a standing tackling dummy. That's an impressive feat for a man weighing in at 6'3, 300 pounds. The fifth year defensive tackle, former fourth-round pick ,was very impressive showing powerful hands in reaction drills. Watkins is athletic and maintains balance when engaged. He's a very good striker with above average bend.

Damontae Kazee ruptured his Achilles tendon in 2020? That's the question I kept asking myself while watching team drills. Modern medicine has made some serious advancements, because Kazee seems to be showing zero effects from the injury. Kazee covered ground easily from the safety position, planted his feet and also changed directions smoothly. Kazee closes ground quickly and uses good angles getting to the ball. The organization took a ton of heat for not taking a true safety in the draft. Seeing Kazee's progress on the field might help explain why.

Bradlee Anae looks like he's packed on some pounds during the offseason. With the addition of size he's noticeably more explosive. He displayed several moves from a chop swim, club, rip, and spin move. Another improvement is his balance and feet. Not only is he exploding out of his stance but he's keeping his feet active. Anae worked well in one-on-one with hand technique. Fine tuning his hand fighting may help him gain playing time, especially with his disadvantage of arm length.

Tarell Basham's most recognizable trait is his motor. He doesn't stop. He is quick off the ball. He worked on moves at half speed, getting coached on his feet and hand placement. Basham has to add more moves to his arsenal and increase his flexibility to make an impact. No matter what, count on Basham to go full speed.

The rest....

Thanks for posting

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Agreed. However, the fact that Kazee is able to fully participate albeit in a May practice is noteworthy. Looks like he's on track to be there Week 1 barring a setback. If healthy, we all can agree he's clearly an upgrade at FS and gives Quinn the freedom to comfortably call his single-high S schemes.

With his minimal salary, I was penciling him in as IR to potential reserve depth. Looking healthy now far exceeds my expectations of him. Good signing.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
With his minimal salary, I was penciling him in as IR to potential reserve depth. Looking healthy now far exceeds my expectations of him. Good signing.

Exactly. Or doubted he would even make it out of camp due to the injury. Even if they are forced to limit his snaps to only Dime and a handful of Nickel snaps(25-30 combined), that still would be a solid addition.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Exactly. Or doubted he would even make it out of camp due to the injury. Even if they are forced to limit his snaps to only Dime and a handful of Nickel snaps(25-30 combined), that still would be a solid addition.

Knows Quinn's system. Even if he doesn't play, he's useful for camp for other players. Veteran minimum, had one strong season under Quinn, other meh. Nothing not to like about this.

chagus

Reaction score
Be careful hype train coming thru. Some of y'all gonna tear an ACL trying to jump off later on, save yourself.

There's always gotta be a Debbie Downer spilling the salt, huh? Cant just enjoy good news about our beloved team... nope. Gotta take a **** on anything positive.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
They absolutely MUST find a way to keep Anae.

He has plus rush skills and even if he isn't quite there yet....they can't give up on him just yet due to roster numbers.

It was dumb to redshirt him in a lost season to begin with........talk about killing a guys career before it even began...:rolleyes:

Gives the word "redshirt" a new meaning.........

iu