80's Rock Thread

FloridaRob

Reaction score
My son has tickets to Amalie Arena for any concert and last night he gave me tickets to Def Leppard and Journey. I was never a big fan of either but the grandson who is 17 loves Def Leppard so I brought him and my wife. I thought DL were great and about what I expected. I was more familiar with the Journey songs but just was not impressed with their performance. The guy they have as the lead can not touch Steve Perry. It was almost painful. He seemed to have an easier job singing some of the ballads and lower range song but when he had to belt it out for the high range he could not sustain a note without going flat to save his life. I give him a little break tho because he kept taking his ear piece out and putting it back in like he was having problems hearing. But man it was a tough listen. I dont think you can replace a Steve Perry and this guy just was not up to it. It was almost like a nastalgia band you see in clubs. The crowd was incredible tho. The place was filled to the rafters and were totally into it.

triplets_93

Reaction score
35026579_1637987189654565_6093033458727124992_n.jpg