80's Rock Thread

Chrispierce

Reaction score

Slade's a band you wonder why they weren't bigger. Until you see their video and you wonder how they got as far as they did.

Straight outa Spinal Tap.
They got booed off stage at the ‘83 Ozzy “Bark at The Moon” tour I saw as a kid in SF. Anytime you pull out a violin back then? You were sooooo not cool. Thanks to Sharon Osborne and kicking off Motley Crue before my first concert.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They got booed off stage at the ‘83 Ozzy “Bark at The Moon” tour I saw as a kid in SF. Anytime you pull out a violin back then? You were sooooo not cool. Thanks to Sharon Osborne and kicking off Motley Crue before my first concert.

Lol! That would have been great to see. How’d Slade ever get on an Ozzy tour in the first place? It’s the British thing, huh?

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Lol! That would have been great to see. How’d Slade ever get on an Ozzy tour in the first place? It’s the British thing, huh?
Sharon Osborne...she kicked Motley Crue off the tour due to being a bad influence on Ozzy. So missed my chance for Shout at The Devil as a 13yr old. Thanks Sharon,way to ruin a kid’s dream. I messaged Nikki Sixx about that,and that I’m still pissed off about it after all these years. Loool

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sharon Osborne...she kicked Motley Crue off the tour due to being a bad influence on Ozzy. So missed my chance for Shout at The Devil as a 13yr old. Thanks Sharon,way to ruin a kid’s dream. I messaged Nikki Sixx about that,and that I’m still pissed off about it after all these years. Loool

Bad influence on Ozzy, lol. That’s a claim to fame right there. I don’t blame you for being pissed.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Bad influence on Ozzy, lol. That’s a claim to fame right there. I don’t blame you for being pissed.
You ever read the book “The Dirt”? It will go over that. They got into a contest to see who could outdue who’s bad. Ozzy won when he ended up snorting ants in a street he peed in or something. That was it...Sharon had enough of the partying from Crue and Ozzy. “You guys are off the tour. Bye”. That’s how she rolls to this day. Ozzy was just a spectator in his career really,and Sharon is the one who ran everything.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score

Bad influence, haha that's funny.
Read a story once about Van Halen's 1st tour, which in some of the shows they opened for Sabbath, story goes came showtime they couldn't find Ozzy anywhere. So they ask Dave hey can you sing the songs he's like sorry don't know any of the lyrics to Sabbath. So they had to cancel the show, refunds for one and all. Turns out Ozzy was messed up{big surprise} and upon arriving at the new hotel went upstairs found a room that had the same room ## he slept in the night before at a different hotel. Ozzy yells at the maid tells her to get out, walks in and falls dead asleep and missed the whole darned show. Haha, they also had what they called Krell Wars which was fighting over Cocaine. Anyways saw the tour with Ozzy and Crue opening. It was pretty good.

Last edited:

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Bad influence, haha that's funny.
Read a story once about Van Halen's 1st tour, which in some of the shows they opened for Sabbath, story goes came showtime they couldn't find Ozzy anywhere. So they ask Dave hey can you sing the songs he's like sorry don't know any of the lyrics to Sabbath. So they had to cancel the show, refunds for one and all. Turns out Ozzy was messed up{big surprise} and upon arriving at the new hotel went upstairs found a room that had the same room ## he slept in the night before in a different hotel. Ozzy yells at the maid tells her to get out, he falls dead asleep and missed the whole darned show. Haha, they also had what they called Krell Wars which was fighting over Cocaine. Anyways saw the tour with Ozzy and Crue opening. It was pretty good.
Yeah,Ozzy needed someone to take care of him,and Sharon really did save his life. I mean we’re talking about someone who took LSD everyday for like a month straight.just to see what would happen. But no one beats Crue though for partying and mischief. Other than Mick...(who never did hang around them) they were dangerous people...and I’m glad I was never famous or rich as a rock star or actor. I’d had been dead in no time. I remember living in a Pasadena mansion with my friend (his girlfriends parents place) during the Sunset rock heyday,and one night I slept with 3 different girls during the course of the evening. It was really too much debauchery and decadence,and I’m an honest guy who didn’t like all the usury around me. I knew I was in the devils play pin with a bunch of jerks. The devil always comes in the form of a woman to me. Geeeee...only when I’m older did I figure it out. Stupid me....

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score

lol, Slade was so before their time it's stupid.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
That woman did so much damage to Ozzy it's stupid. Randy Rhoads almost quit because of her. She screwed Jake E. Lee and booted him. Which is amazing, don't get me wrong. Ozzy has talent, but he is DOG **** without a great guitarist and Tony Iommi, Randy Rhoads, and Jake E. Lee where more talent than any other person int he entire world ever had that got ran off. (they all did, only Randy died in the process)

That woman should be hung in public for the travesty that she was. Even Zakk Wylde produced as a whole better overall music after leaving Ozzy than he did with Ozzy.