80's Rock Thread

Chrispierce

Reaction score
lol, Slade was so before their time it's stupid.
That’s what happens when you kick people off legs of tours suddenly and you’re going...”Who’s available this weekend?”..”We got a choice of Slade,or this local band The Ruffians” looool....rather Ozzy just played both sets.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
That woman did so much damage to Ozzy it's stupid. Randy Rhoads almost quit because of her. She screwed Jake E. Lee and booted him. Which is amazing, don't get me wrong. Ozzy has talent, but he is DOG **** without a great guitarist and Tony Iommi, Randy Rhoads, and Jake E. Lee where more talent than any other person int he entire world ever had that got ran off. (they all did, only Randy died in the process)

That woman should be hung in public for the travesty that she was. Even Zakk Wylde produced as a whole better overall music after leaving Ozzy than he did with Ozzy.
Well,she did save his life and made him a fortune as a solo artist when everyone laughed at her for taking him on. She’s savvy...but yeah,she’s not the warmest sun in the universe. I remember when they lived in Beverly Hills doing “The Osborne’s” show....I decided I’d have some fun and went driving around to find their place. Oddly I found it real fast by accident. Right behind the Beverly Hills Hotel on this little road Hartford Way when I missed my turn at the intersection. Came to find out...the hotel owned the property,and Sharron worked out a deal with them,and they basically stayed there for free while filming. She’s allll about money.

Jimbo69

Reaction score
Nor do they no the Keyboard player waz one Jonathon Cain who had great success with Journey!

I was playing the babys album on my morning run. Love 'everytime i think of you'. Think i'm the only bloke in britain who bought this album. Anyone remember a band called New England? Another guilty pleasure of mine.

Billyd

Reaction score
I was playing the babys album on my morning run. Love 'everytime i think of you'. Think i'm the only bloke in britain who bought this album. Anyone remember a band called New England? Another guilty pleasure of mine.

Im a fan of the british band but I dont remember them..The Babys like Journey greatness to me as a graduated hs at that time, and the women loved em...lol..Plus the music, vocals really strong..I also covered a couple of Babys tunes in early bands I played with..

Trying to remember any british bands during that time frame....I think me redneck brain has corrupted data!! Lol. KING CRIMSON, CLAPTON, DURAN DURAN, a off the track band called UK but that was very progrock...BOWIE...Elton John..Lol

Billyd

Reaction score
A little before but they got alot of airplay off the album in the 80s

GUY from Allan Parsons i believe on this one..Goes to show you that Genre was not a issue back then..

Billyd

Reaction score
In 1986 A guitar player a buddy referred me two got the call from Steve Walsh of Kansas to help them write and promote a new album..STEVE MORSE joined them and helped them put two solid albums..

Steve is the mind behind the Dixie Dregs, the Current and long time guitar player for Deep Purple and many other Projects..

Billyd

Reaction score
This song was from a Dregs Album in 1981, I saw them in FortWorth on this tour..Although you may not have heard of him, the Dregs music was played alot in the 80s as return music..lolol..Great prog rock band!!

Billyd

Reaction score
One of my favorite albums from 1981 Saga worlds apart..Great guitar player Ian Crichton!

Billyd

Reaction score
My son has tickets to Amalie Arena for any concert and last night he gave me tickets to Def Leppard and Journey. I was never a big fan of either but the grandson who is 17 loves Def Leppard so I brought him and my wife. I thought DL were great and about what I expected. I was more familiar with the Journey songs but just was not impressed with their performance. The guy they have as the lead can not touch Steve Perry. It was almost painful. He seemed to have an easier job singing some of the ballads and lower range song but when he had to belt it out for the high range he could not sustain a note without going flat to save his life. I give him a little break tho because he kept taking his ear piece out and putting it back in like he was having problems hearing. But man it was a tough listen. I dont think you can replace a Steve Perry and this guy just was not up to it. It was almost like a nastalgia band you see in clubs. The crowd was incredible tho. The place was filled to the rafters and were totally into it.

I was very lucky to.have seen them in 1981 at the top of their game...I realized real Quick how good Neil Schon was, because he wrote some of the very best ballads, Jonathon Cain was the perfect change from Greg Rollee but Greg was no slouch either...Them Harmonies..Live their sound was all in composing..Saturated Reunion Arena in Dallas..Steve was unbelievable in his range..