Adult Language 88 Irvin stated "Cowboys Already Making Off Season Plans"

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I never supported the Prescott contract, I just don't cry about crap that I can't control. And, if you think you were bullied on a forum, you need to get out more.
I don't specifically remember if you were in favor of Prescott getting resigned for record money, but it seems like you were. And even if you weren't in favor of it there are plenty that were.

I also don't cry about things I can't control so when I note the fact that there was attacking and bullying going on I am not crying about it I am just noting historical fact. I don't lose any sleep over it but I do take note of people that participate in such activities because what goes around always eventually comes around. For the record I don't think you are one of the people that attacks others but you definitely took the position of being a company man for Jerry this off season and so you are getting what you asked for. And it's ugly, unfortunately

Flamma

Reaction score
ok, here is the plan. lets pass on the first wave of FA.
lets pass on 2nd wave of FA
lets pass on 3rd wave of FA

lets find out who is bottom of the barrell cheap. sign about 4.

done...

I can be the GM you know.
Don't forget draft day too. Be super conservative there too. Besides actually managing the cap, there's nothing hard about what our GM does.

What bothers me is I believe our problems run deeper. We're not a great team, but we're not Carolina bad either. Yet we're playing like Carolina on occasion.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
The truth hurts and some don’t want to hear it but this team is terrible and hope this team doesn’t get anywhere near 8 wins. This team needs a total remake over and 8 or 9 wins doesn’t do any good for this team. This team needs top 5 talent each round not 17 or 18 round picks.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
lol.

WHICH round?

Dallas' starting quarterback just received the largest contract ever signed in NFL history. Jerry Jones endorsed it.

Jones is the final decision maker.

Jones decides who gets drafted.

Not to be a mind reader but typing 'Draft a new quarterback' implies using a first-round draft pick. Is that your expectation? Namely, draft a quarterback on day one while already paying a quarterback with a huge contract.

Wake up call.

The guy below is not the owner of the Dallas Cowboys.

6Q6S.jpg
Guy from the Packers did it and others have done it in years past hell they just did it in ATLANTA! Have a guy that's your starter but draft someone else! Why not, doesn't have to be a first rounder but get someone who could be decent enough to start if needed

RS12

Reaction score
Bottom line: after 30 years, the people handing out these cap crushing contracts, still arent qualified to do so. Anybody that has seen more than a couple games knew they should be moving people, not signing them. Unless of course their agenda isnt to win it all.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Might as well, Jerry n family vacation when they supposed to be working to make the team better, attitude comes from the top.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Offseason plans to do what. Complain about having to re-sign Parsons and how they have no money to do anything else? Or maybe they're getting another catch phrase together like "All-In" for the media and casual fans to suck up....

Please...

kevm3

Reaction score
Nearly 30 years of failure. It's deeper than coach or FA. Who care about 'off season plans' when the people making the plans are the ones that got us in this jam in the first place? Maybe they should have done something THIS offseason like sign that one RB that actually wanted to come here but is now tearing up the league in Baltimore.

What is this reactionary FO going to do? Hire some more of Jerry's buddy coaches and cheap free agents and then we'll spend the whole season crying when the team gets demolished against good teams?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Jerry put this team together. He didn't do anything in the off-season. Didn't improve our running game. Still can't stop the running game. Gave Dak that big contract when you know he can't beat real contenders. Happy birthday Jerry. The Cowboys are on you.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Michael Irvin has turned into another criticizing troll, yet he offers no advice on how to fix this team. Just shut it, Irvin. No one wants to hear your criticisms which offer absolutely no help.
Watchout fellas.

Supafan is here.

He’s about to will us to a winning season based on nothing but brow-beating positivity!

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Guy from the Packers did it and others have done it in years past hell they just did it in ATLANTA! Have a guy that's your starter but draft someone else! Why not, doesn't have to be a first rounder but get someone who could be decent enough to start if needed

Would love it but just don’t see the Clampetts drafting a QB in the earlier rounds. Not seen all the college QB but from all the games have watched, Prime Time son looks the best I have seen so far.

Cmac

Reaction score
Dak spends more time picking out his suits on game day than he does all week on the game.

At least Romo just put on his cap backward, before having to come in and bail out the coaching staff.
We've been through this before. No dig on TRomo, but he dressed rather nice at this humbling postgame conference bailing out Jason Garrett etc.
tony-romo-2012-f88103daa059515c.jpg

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There's something wrong with the roster and staff when there's 4 home games in a row and they are getting blown out/beat down. And outside of week 1, they've had close wins too.

It's like a D-II college team vs Sabans Alabama in the first half.

Just not competitive on either side of the ball. Opponents can score at will and the offense looks like it's a Make a wish personnel.

It seems like it could be 2010 all over again unless they can find football Jesus during the bye week.
There must be a new "white house" that the team is partying at. We can win away games because the players can't party there on Saturday nights.

John813

Reaction score
There must be a new "white house" that the team is partying at. We can win away games because the players can't party there on Saturday nights.

Wouldn't shock me. Didn't a few of the defensive players at least show up to a club event prior to the Packers game? They were on the fliers or something.

Rayman70

Reaction score
It was embarrassing, watching grown men take a beating without fighting back. They probably feel bullied when they go on football forums.... :muttley:
Micah and DFlaw looked like 2 schoolgirls in Highschool yappin it up, without a care in the world pertaining to the beating we were taking. That hit me wrong as rain. I can't stand enablers.