Twitter: 9/15/19 - Gameday Tweets

408Cowboy

Reaction score
It annoys me that we have fans complaining about this team’s drafting right now. Anything beyond chalking up Taco himself as a bust is just nonsense.
Only because
If you watch the draft "secret audio" videos they do for the picks you'd have seen Jerry tell Taco how hard Jason Garrett went to bat for him to draft him. I've seen all those videos over the years and I've never heard him single out the head coach like that.

So I don't know who else may have been pro Taco but I do know our head coach was.
:popcorn:

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
I’m not sure if this makes sense BUT Taco and Hill for Minkah and one of the Dolphins picks like a 4th rounder????

Carson

Reaction score
I’m not sure if this makes sense BUT Taco and Hill for Minkah and one of the Dolphins picks like a 4th rounder????

Won’t happen. They aren’t really interested in players as they want draft capital. Ridding ourselves of Taco is just a way to get rid of him.

Minkah is going to get a first or a very early second to a bad team.

Batman1980

Reaction score
I disagree with Mosher on this one. Joey Bosa wasn’t exactly an amazing athlete; a lot more goes into what makes a successful DE than what certain metrics capture on a spider chart.

I personally Taco’s struggles in large part stem from technique, effort, desire, and his “love” for football.

Just ask Tank Lawrence.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only because

:popcorn:

I actually just assume that was Risen trying to be funny. I know in that draft we had other targets than Taco and sort of got stuck picking there the way the board broke. It was him or Watt.

Dre11

Reaction score
I dunno, but I hope whoever lobbied for the pick is barred from the warroom forever.

All the people responsible for all this talent the league talks about. He didn't pan out, big whoop

Batman1980

Reaction score
I would rather have TJ Watt, worth the risk with that pass rushing talent.