9 owners blocking revenue sharing revealed

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
The 9 owners blocking sharing local revenues with lower grossing teams are the owners of Cowboys, Commanders, Giants, Eagles, Jets, Panthers, Broncos, Patriots, and Texans

I find it kind of amusing that the entire NFC east is on the list lol

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
The 9 owners blocking sharing local revenues with lower grossing teams are the owners of Cowboys, Commanders, Giants, Eagles, Jets, Panthers, Broncos, Patriots, and Texans

I find it kind of amusing that the entire NFC east is on the list lol

The teams that have the most to lose are the ones on that list.

The NFC East jsut happens to be the best division in football.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Rack said:
The teams that have the most to lose are the ones on that list.

The NFC East jsut happens to be the best division in football.

I know I guess I should have explained my amusment came at the fact from arguing with a panthers fan about best divsion in football and he said NFCE was 3rd LMAO

Little Jr

Reaction score
aznhalf said:
Why are the Texans there?

McNair makes a lot of money on the stadium. They are in the top 3 or 4 in revenues in the NFL.

Murph80

Reaction score
These are all big market teams. Why isn't Chicago on the list. Both Ny teams Houston is the 4th biggest market.

rlgiv

Reaction score
bobtheflob said:
I'm surprised the Steelers didn't make the list.

The Steelers are not on the list because they are not a large market. Almost all the cities listed are in huge market areas.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I don't blame Mr. Jones one bit.....he made his $$$ the hard way and had the foresight to invest in the Cowboys......that is one small reason why Mr. Jones is the king of business man.

rlgiv

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
I don't blame Mr. Jones one bit.....he made his $$$ the hard way and had the foresight to invest in the Cowboys......that is one small reason why Mr. Jones is the king of business man.

I agree. I don't blame him either, I would do the same thing. I just hope they can get this thing settled so we can get on with free agency.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
I get so sick of these owners is "small market cities" whining about getting some of what the other owners are earning. This has been going on since the 60s and it will never stop.

Art Modell used to be the leader of the whiners and was the worst at marketing his team and managing his money. Even after moving the Browns from Cleveland, where they had the most loyal fanbase in the league, to Baltimore, where he got HUGE consessions, he was broke again within 2 years.

It is also unfair that these whiners complain about how much money the Cowboys and Patriots bring in from stadium revenues since both of those teams OWN their stadiums. They weren't built by the city with taxpayer money but with the owner's own hard earned cash (well with loans taken out by him actually).

Go build your own stadium nitwits and you too will receive all of the revenues from it.

Life's not fair folks, get over it and stop whining about it.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
Dose not make a difference big market/small market
Bottom line ,
Lazy owners want the Jerry Jones of the world to do their work for them...

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I don't blame them for blocking it. They bust their arse to generate local revenue so should the others.

Reaction score
I would like to comment on this but like most of us we are not privy to what goes on behind the closed doors of the owner's meetings!

jgboys1

Reaction score
The worst thing they could do is get rid of revenue sharing. Look at baseball, it is a joke with the Yankees every year spening over $200 mill., while KC and Pittsburgh cant even hit $50 mill. It would ruin the game.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
leonargized said:
Dose not make a difference big market/small market
Bottom line ,
Lazy owners want the Jerry Jones of the world to do their work for them...
That is a fact.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
I blame jones and the other greedy millionaire/billionaires on that list.

Strike, and I will go on strike as well.

I am so tired of millionaires screaming they dont have enough, or he has more then me, thats not fair.

Lifes not fair. deal with it and get a deal done or I am out, After Basketballs last strike, I stayed away for 3 years, I can live without football.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Stick to your guns Jerry, I'm sick of watching lazy owners sit on their butts and not promote their teams and live off the hard work and TV revenue by those who do go the extra mile to promote their teams.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I'm surprised Carolina is on that list. I thought they not only had a small market team, but they had problems selling tickets even in winning seasons.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NFL | Some owners may sue if forced to share revenues
Tue, 21 Feb 2006 05:38:11 -0800

Mark Maske and Leonard Shapiro, of the Washington Post, report the revenue-sharing debate among NFL team owners has become so combative that a group of owners of the most prosperous franchises has threatened to take legal action if a revenue-sharing plan they don't like is forced upon them. According to Pittsburgh Steelers owner Dan Rooney, the threat has been made by a group of six to nine teams.

Revenue-sharing deliberations among owners are taking place as they attempt to negotiate an extension of their labor agreement with the NFL Players Association. Union chief Gene Upshaw said in recent days those talks also were at a standstill and he regards the end of this week as the deadline for agreeing to an extension of the collective bargaining agreement. Upshaw said over the weekend his understanding was that nine wealthy teams were threatening to sue if a revenue-sharing plan was forced upon them. Any revenue-sharing plan would have to be approved by at least 24 of the 32 teams. Labor-negotiating sessions are scheduled for Tuesday and Wednesday, Feb. 21 and 22.