FEATURED _____ Official Coaching Staff Hires _____

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I guess the RB coach isn't official yet? Also, why does DallasCowboys.Com not have press releases for each assistant coach when they are hired? It seems like the Twitter links people post here are the only news I can find on anything related to assistant coach hirings.

garyv

Reaction score
For anyone interested I felt a spot showcasing the official hires may or may not help.

HC -- Mike McCarthy

OC -- Kellen Moore
OL -- Joe Philibin
RB
WR
TE
QB

DC -- Mike Nolan
DL -- Jim Tomsula
LB
DB -- Maurice Linguist

ST -- John Fassel

ModEdit: Removed advertisements so thread could remain. Format also updated.

I dont think Linguist is the head DB Coach i thought just an asstiant DB Coach

MikeB80

Reaction score
I guess the RB coach isn't official yet? Also, why does DallasCowboys.Com not have press releases for each assistant coach when they are hired? It seems like the Twitter links people post here are the only news I can find on anything related to assistant coach hirings.

they won't know who is hired until basically everyone else does. Not many of these hires are official yet. Still a lot of moving parts.

Knotamus

Reaction score
Im on board with most of the hires, but I must say.. the Mike Nolan hire worries me a bit, just bc I don’t know enough ab his style and/or schemes. I’ve heard more negative than positive and his record isn’t anything to brag ab.

Can someone enlighten me and give me a little hope that he’ll create a legit defense. Not a “top 10” defense like Marenilli’s that couldn’t make plays when needed. I want a true top end defense that other teams can’t stand to play against. Is Nolan that guy?

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Adding to the list.
QBs. Doug Nussmeier
Asst OL Jeff Blasko
Asst LB Scott McCurley

Doug Nussmeier is expected to be named quarterbacks coach on Mike McCarthy’s staff after serving as the tight ends coach in 2018-19 under Jason Garrett, according to sources. He will replace Jon Kitna, who helped oversee Dak Prescott’s career highs in passing yards and touchdowns last season. Nussmeier played quarterback in the NFL and had been offensive coordinator at Alabama, Michigan and Florida before joining the Cowboys. Nussmeier will be Prescott’s fourth quarterback coach in five seasons.

Scott McCurley and Jeff Blasko are reuniting with Mike McCarthy with the Dallas Cowboys after working on his staff in Green Bay, according to sources. McCurley is expected to have a role with the linebackers, while Blasko will serve as the assistant offensive line coach to Joe Philbin.

Courtesy Todd Archer @Risen Star

blueblood70

Reaction score
I guess when they all actually become OFFICIAL we can add them to the OP list in 1st post..easier..

I t appears the staff is nearly complete..

I realize we all are on the edge of our seats but the most important positions are filled HC/OC/DC they are choosing who will work under them and does it matter all that much?
biggest rumor or fan hopeful is Witten as the TE coach?

to me im ready for mini caps and otas..can we start early LOL

cmoney23

Reaction score
For anyone interested I felt a spot showcasing the official hires may or may not help.

HC -- Mike McCarthy

OC -- Kellen Moore
OL -- Joe Philibin
RB
WR
TE
QB

DC -- Mike Nolan
DL -- Jim Tomsula
LB
DB -- Maurice Linguist

ST -- John Fassel

ModEdit: Removed advertisements so thread could remain. Format also updated.
Thanks for this thread... we should pin to the top and update as the offseason progresses.

FanSince71

Reaction score
I tried to post the chart/spreadsheet, but got an error because the document isn’t published. It’s good info, though.

The chart didn’t include McCurley (LBs) or Blasko (Asst OL) so it’s not 100% updated. I guess it’s a work in progress.

By the way... Jim Haslett was rumored to be the new LB coach. Is that hire off the table now? Is McCurley THE linebackers coach or maybe gonna be Haslett’s assistant?

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
I tried to post the chart/spreadsheet, but got an error because the document isn’t published. It’s good info, though.

The chart didn’t include McCurley (LBs) or Blasko (Asst OL) so it’s not 100% updated. I guess it’s a work in progress.

By the way... Jim Haslett was rumored to be the new LB coach. Is that hire off the table now? Is McCurley THE linebackers coach or maybe gonna be Haslett’s assistant?
Thanks for the help. I haven't heard or read anything about Haslett other than speculation and rumors. Everything else is official even though we won't find it on the boys official home page yet.