FEATURED _____ Official Coaching Staff Hires _____

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
I remember watching "Hanging with the boys" not too long ago. Nate Newton seemed real fond of Skip.. Not sure what that equates to... LOL

Oneiros

Reaction score
For anyone interested I felt a spot showcasing the official hires may or may not help.

HC -- Mike McCarthy

OC -- Kellen Moore
OL -- Joe Philibin
RB -- Skip Peete
WR
TE -- Lunda Wells
QB

DC -- Mike Nolan
DL -- Jim Tomsula
LB
DB -- Maurice Linguist

ST -- John Fassel

ModEdit: Removed advertisements so thread could remain. Format also updated.

Just needs to be updated on the OP.

Oneiros

Reaction score
The updated list appears to be:

HC -- Mike McCarthy
OC -- Kellen Moore
OL -- Joe Philibin / Jeff Blasko
RB -- Skip Peete
WR -- ?
TE -- Lunda Wells
QB -- Doug Nussmeier

DC -- Mike Nolan
DL -- Jim Tomsula
LB -- ? / Scott McCurley
DB -- Maurice Linguist
ST -- John Fassel

Strength & Conditioning -- ?

Little Jr

Reaction score
For anyone interested I felt a spot showcasing the official hires may or may not help.

HC -- Mike McCarthy

OC -- Kellen Moore
OL -- Joe Philibin
RB -- Skip Peete
WR
TE -- Lunda Wells
QB

DC -- Mike Nolan
DL -- Jim Tomsula
LB
DB -- Maurice Linguist

ST -- John Fassel

ModEdit: Removed advertisements so thread could remain. Format also updated.
Nussmeier isnt official?

Oneiros

Reaction score
I'm still curious what Scott McCurley's actual role with the LBs will be.

It originally sounded as if the actual LB coach was going to be Haslett but I haven't been able to find anywhere that this was actually confirmed.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
I'm still curious what Scott McCurley's actual role with the LBs will be.

It originally sounded as if the actual LB coach was going to be Haslett but I haven't been able to find anywhere that this was actually confirmed.
That was all just speculation because he was part of the McCarthy project and has history as a LB coach.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Will be surprised to see zero defensive assistants carried over from last year. Then again, it's hard to justify carrying any of them based on 2019 results. Seems there's still an outside chance that Leon Lett (DT) could be kept to work beside Tomsula, or Greg Jackson (S) could even be the lead defensive backfield coach.

Oneiros

Reaction score
Will be surprised to see zero defensive assistants carried over from last year. Then again, it's hard to justify carrying any of them based on 2019 results. Seems there's still an outside chance that Leon Lett (DT) could be kept to work beside Tomsula, or Greg Jackson (S) could even be the lead defensive backfield coach.
What would be the point of keeping Greg Jackson though?

Has he honestly done anything to show that he deserves to be retained considering how poorly our safeties have performed?

I still remember draft day where some were excited about the potential of Xavier Woods (who I still hope can turn it around) and so far he's been a disappointment.

_sturt_

Reaction score
@Oneiros I think most people actually consider Xavier Woods to have turned a corner in 2019, and began living up to some of his promise.

Who knows what McM deems to be important, but obviously he was inclined to hold over some offensive assistants, and conventional wisdom says it's good to have at least one voice from the previous season who brings with him insider insight to how guys were coached previously.

csirl

Reaction score
What about kickers coach - most teams will have both a ST coordinator & a kicking coach.

FanSince71

Reaction score
Bobby Belt’s tweet with the spreadsheet that I posted a few days ago hasn’t been updated either. Looks as though we may just have to wait for official announcements.

There’s only a week until the Senior Bowl. I feel like we should have the entire coaching staff in place before then, right?