A 49er player was called for a personal foul in an altercation with an Eagle security staff member

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
The security guy put his hands on Greenlaw's chest. He should not have been in the picture. Even the Eagles head coach thought his interference in the play was inappropriate.
You're right, I'm wrong. Separating the players looked fine to me, but rules are security can't put hands on a player even if it's to separate players on the sideline. By rules that's the referee's job.

My apologies.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
The kind of unwritten, but everyone should know rule in confrontations, it's OK to pull your guy out of it. I'll pull my guy away. you pull your guy away, everything will be OK, but it's never OK to push. pull, touch the other guy and not OK to get in his face jawing at him. The moment you do that, you become part of the situation, just another enemy combatant escalating the confrontation.
The security guard according to what I just read is not allowed to touch a player even if it's to separate them. Sure, looking at it the security guard did the right thing by getting between them and separating them but when he touched the 49er player to do that he's automatically in the wrong.

That doesn't take away from the players behavior, and subsequent poking the guy in the face. I would think further punishment would be coming for the linebacker, and the security official for the simple reason it's against the rules.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
The security guard according to what I just read is not allowed to touch a player even if it's to separate them. Sure, looking at it the security guard did the right thing by getting between them and separating them but when he touched the 49er player to do that he's automatically in the wrong.

That doesn't take away from the players behavior, and subsequent poking the guy in the face. I would think further punishment would be coming for the linebacker, and the security official for the simple reason it's against the rules.
That is not the right thing to do, he's not the security guard for the field or game, he's not a neutral party to the 9ers player. It would have been acceptable to pull his guy away, another staffer does that, that's fine, no problem. By getting in between them, he puts himself in the middle of the confrontation and middle of the game, whether he touches the 9er player or not, it's the wrong move. He may have a job title of "security guard", but that is not his jurisdiction.

Creeper

Reaction score
You're right, I'm wrong. Separating the players looked fine to me, but rules are security can't put hands on a player even if it's to separate players on the sideline. By rules that's the referee's job.

My apologies.
No need to apologize. I didn't mean to sound snarky. I was really pointing out how egregious the behavior of the security guy was. It will be interesting to see what the league does about him. I suspect a letter will be going out to the rest of the league that people on the sidelines need to mind their business.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
No need to apologize. I didn't mean to sound snarky. I was really pointing out how egregious the behavior of the security guy was. It will be interesting to see what the league does about him. I suspect a letter will be going out to the rest of the league that people on the sidelines need to mind their business.
Eagles will get a really stern letter from the league office. Maybe someone will shake their index finger in their face.

If that was a Cowboys staffer, I would expect fines and probably loss of a late draft pick.

I'm joking, of course. Kinda. Sort of.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
How is this possible? The league needs to come hard on the Eagles. No way in hell a staff member should be involved with any one-field activities.

Make something out of nothing.

The tackle happend right in front of him. You would see that kind of reaction from everybody on every team.
Heck if not fans of their own team would bash on that guy that he doesnt stand his ground for his team.

The only thing that made this a topic is that the 49er player tried to hit the fat man.

Suck it up and lets get to the next play.

Really media is trying to make up a big story out of every small crap.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Dude needs to lose his job! He should of been in the stands looking for trouble instead of down on the field mingling with players. He's lucky Greenlaw didn't mop the field with his face. But than Greenlaw would probably be sued.

Creeper

Reaction score
Eagles will get a really stern letter from the league office. Maybe someone will shake their index finger in their face.

If that was a Cowboys staffer, I would expect fines and probably loss of a late draft pick.

I'm joking, of course. Kinda. Sort of.
Of course. Remember when Wade Wilson was suspended as a coach for taking PEDs which he said he used to combat some of the side effects of his diabetes?

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
The people on this forum saying this is a nothing burger are gutless cowards!!!! Back in the good ol days when I was a younger, you didn’t sit there and let physical abuse happen and give people slap on the wrists!! If I was down there, I would have put that security guard into a headlock and hit him with an uppercut!!!!!