A 49er player was called for a personal foul in an altercation with an Eagle security staff member

aikemirv

Reaction score
Is Greenlaw the one who body slammed Pollard at the beginning of our game against them without a penalty?

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
"DiSandro originally joined the Eagles organization in 1999. Now in his 25th season, his profile on the team website indicates he "oversees all safety and security matters for players, coaches, and executives. He also directs security at the team's training complex, is responsible for security measures related to team travel and logistics and provides education on the NFL's personal conduct policy."

This is the guy that is supposed to educate the players about the Personal Conduct Policy, this explains quite a bit about the Eagles. I'm guessing someone from the League is gonna explain to him how that policy is actually supposed to work.

https://fansided.com/posts/who-is-d...gles-staffer-grows-with-ejection-01hgs0383q15
He should be exiled from the sideline. His actions were wholly unprofessional and inappropriate. Taunting an opposing player from your sideline is a CS thing to do.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Geez....that was NOTHING. Sure...throw a couple flags. Whatever.

People on here are such drama queens

Creeper

Reaction score
I am going to catch some flack for this but I didn't think the body slam should not have been called either. The Eagles player was in bounds fighting for extra yards. I have seen other players, not QBs, body slammed like that and nothing was called. I wonder if the penalty would have been called if Greenlaw had done that to Smith in between the hashes. Typically this penalty is only called if the tackler picks up the ball carrier and drives him into the ground. Greenlaw did not pick Smith up over his head and drive him. He just spun around and flipped him. I am pretty sure Dak was tackled just like that a few weeks ago but he was outside the pocket. Oddly, the rule book addresses this tackle as roughing the passer. I do not see where it is addressed for other ball carriers.

I also didn't think the hit on Purdy inbounds was a penalty either.

As for the rest of the play, Greenlaw should not have made it worse by flicking his hand in the face the the security guy. The security guy was absolutely wrong but why risk the penalty there? And why wasn't the Eagles bench penalized? It was stupid of Greenlaw. The security guy was rightfully kicked out and I heard he may be banned from being on the sidelines for the rest of the year. I also believe that is justifiable.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
I am going to catch some flack for this but I didn't think the body slam should not have been called either. The Eagles player was in bounds fighting for extra yards. I have seen other players, not QBs, body slammed like that and nothing was called. I wonder if the penalty would have been called if Greenlaw had done that to Smith in between the hashes. Typically this penalty is only called if the tackler picks up the ball carrier and drives him into the ground. Greenlaw did not pick Smith up over his head and drive him. He just spun around and flipped him. I am pretty sure Dak was tackled just like that a few weeks ago but he was outside the pocket. Oddly, the rule book addresses this tackle as roughing the passer. I do not see where it is addressed for other ball carriers.

I also didn't think the hit on Purdy inbounds was a penalty either.

As for the rest of the play, Greenlaw should not have made it worse by flicking his hand in the face the the security guy. The security guy was absolutely wrong but why risk the penalty there? And why wasn't the Eagles bench penalized? It was stupid of Greenlaw. The security guy was rightfully kicked out and I heard he may be banned from being on the sidelines for the rest of the year. I also believe that is justifiable.
I've seen other players "not the quarterback" get body slammed, and get penalized, and fined by the league, and it wasn't out of bounds.

When the player was slammed down he landed 3 feet out of bounds. As far as the altercation I didn't see the fat guy on the sidelines do anything. The 49ers guy poked him in the face.

Surely somebody over there in Philly know what happened, and talked about it. I'm only going by what I saw.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
THE good thing about it is that they didn't let the security guy stay on the sidelines, that would have made things even worse and would have been extremely wrong as he initiated it! He's not a coach, he's a staff member!!!!!
And should be fired.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
it's going to be good to see them come up with a way to penalize both teams not just the 49ers in situations like this.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I've seen other players "not the quarterback" get body slammed, and get penalized, and fined by the league, and it wasn't out of bounds.

When the player was slammed down he landed 3 feet out of bounds. As far as the altercation I didn't see the fat guy on the sidelines do anything. The 49ers guy poked him in the face.

Surely somebody over there in Philly know what happened, and talked about it. I'm only going by what I saw.
Most of the clips kind of come in late on what happened, this one shows a little more of the beginning. The LB and WR are jawing at each other after the tackle and Dom, who again is not a player or coach, steps between them and pushes them apart and then turns and confronts the LB. He should not have stepped in there to begin with, shouldn't have laid hands on him, tempers running hot you don't go pushing or touching on a guy or you get the reaction that the LB did.

If he was truly trying to diffuse the situation, you go and restrain your guy and pull him away to keep him out of trouble. Instead, he turns to confront the other guy, grabbed his arm and pushed him away while he's talking some ish which of course leads to the poke in the face. Again, none of this was violent and if this was between two players it's a non-incident, but it wasn't between players, it was some random sideline guy injecting himself into the game.

I'd be upset if that was us and some glorified strip club bouncer is on the sidelines confronting Parsons and causing him to be ejected from the game.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Most of the clips kind of come in late on what happened, this one shows a little more of the beginning. The LB and WR are jawing at each other after the tackle and Dom, who again is not a player or coach, steps between them and pushes them apart and then turns and confronts the LB. He should not have stepped in there to begin with, shouldn't have laid hands on him, tempers running hot you don't go pushing or touching on a guy or you get the reaction that the LB did.

If he was truly trying to diffuse the situation, you go and restrain your guy and pull him away to keep him out of trouble. Instead, he turns to confront the other guy, grabbed his arm and pushed him away while he's talking some ish which of course leads to the poke in the face. Again, none of this was violent and if this was between two players it's a non-incident, but it wasn't between players, it was some random sideline guy injecting himself into the game.

I'd be upset if that was us and some glorified strip club bouncer is on the sidelines confronting Parsons and causing him to be ejected from the game.

He basically treated it like he would one of his standard security situations. Very weird. Not sure what was going through his mind to get involved. I've never bothered to try and identify everyone involved in sideline fights, because there are people who are not players doing the separating. No idea though if they are assistant coaches, doctors, security or media personnel, etc...

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

I agree........players play a violent game. They are mentally programmed and trained to respond to any physical challenge on the field. Pretty sure we would have seen the same response from many defensive players. It's how they are wired on the field.......like who the hell are you to put your hands on me?

Eddie

Reaction score
This an easy one for Jerry.

Hire "security" to roam the sidelines and get into physical altercations with players so both get ejected.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score

That's a good one. The player definitely should have been ejected, but I'm still shocked the security guard was removed as well. It looks like the security guard mouthed what's wrong with you, or get out. That's a big no-no putting hands-on someone on the sideline of the opposing team. I wouldn't be surprised if more comes down later this week on this. You just don't see that in the NFL. Not very smart.

Creeper

Reaction score

The security guy put his hands on Greenlaw's chest. He should not have been in the picture. Even the Eagles head coach thought his interference in the play was inappropriate.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
The security guy put his hands on Greenlaw's chest. He should not have been in the picture. Even the Eagles head coach thought his interference in the play was inappropriate.
I saw he was trying to separate them, and he tried to push the player back away and whiffed. I didn't see him physically shove the player. I just saw the poke in the face by the player. To me it clearly locked the player instigated the scuffle, and is at fault for what happened to him.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
He basically treated it like he would one of his standard security situations. Very weird. Not sure what was going through his mind to get involved. I've never bothered to try and identify everyone involved in sideline fights, because there are people who are not players doing the separating. No idea though if they are assistant coaches, doctors, security or media personnel, etc...
The kind of unwritten, but everyone should know rule in confrontations, it's OK to pull your guy out of it. I'll pull my guy away. you pull your guy away, everything will be OK, but it's never OK to push. pull, touch the other guy and not OK to get in his face jawing at him. The moment you do that, you become part of the situation, just another enemy combatant escalating the confrontation.