A 49er player was called for a personal foul in an altercation with an Eagle security staff member

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, somebody not involved with the game laying a hand on a player has to be dealt with swiftly and permanently.
yikes.jpg

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Massive overreaction.

Offsetting personal fouls and a fine for both parties and play ball.

The altercation didn't even approach "slap fight" standards.

The very same emotions that lead to that in-the-moment kerfuffle also gave us a great game to enjoy.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Doesn't matter........ non-football staff members from opposing teams have no business in any altercation with players. Period.....end of story. The league needs to send a clear message all teams need to keep their non-football staff members in check.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Massive overreaction.

The very same emotions that lead to that in-the-moment kerfuffle also gave us a great game to enjoy.
The reaction isn't as much about the incident itself, it's about the penalties. One team lost lost their All-Pro LB, the other team lost someone that has absolutely no bearing on game play or results on the field. The refs didn't even throw a flag against the Philly bench, replay officials said they could not levy an on-field penalty against Philly since one was not thrown against them at the time.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
NFL lead ref today "Let me get this straight you threw out SF best LB and to offset this you also threw Nick's fat arss Uncle who shouldn't be on the sidelines anyways...WTH?"

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Massive overreaction.

Not everyone is allowed on the sideline.

bottleKids

Reaction score
this exactly, if not why not hire a goon every week to taunt the other teams best players
Right. It sets a very scary standard for the NFL... my prediction both him and the Eagles get severely punished by the league.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Right. It sets a very scary standard for the NFL... my prediction both him and the Eagles get severely punished by the league.
I'm not sure they will get punished but I bet he is told to get his Fat arss behind the benches and stay there or get removed by the league.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Doesn't matter........ non-football staff members from opposing teams have no business in any altercation with players. Period.....end of story. The league needs to send a clear message all teams need to keep their non-football staff members in check.
I'm not a "period, end of story" kinda guy. Circumstances matter.

Banning the guy from his longtime career for a couple seconds of bad judgment, simply because of optics is a massive overreaction.

A bench penalty, the walk of shame on national television and a fine is plenty. If you're going to ban the staffer for touching a player then you have to ban the player for his part in initiating the confrontation to begin with.

It's not like haymakers were getting thrown around. Security dude was on the sideline and the fight came to him. If it happened again, see ya, but these guys aren't robots

I would have called offsetting penalties, made them shake hands and let's play ball.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I'm not a "period, end of story" kinda guy. Circumstances matter.

Banning the guy from his longtime career for a couple seconds of bad judgment, simply because of optics is a massive overreaction.

A bench penalty, the walk of shame on national television and a fine is plenty. If you're going to ban the staffer for touching a player then you have to ban the player for his part in initiating the confrontation to begin with.

It's not like haymakers were getting thrown around. Security dude was on the sideline and the fight came to him. If it happened again, see ya, but these guys aren't robots

I would have called offsetting penalties, made them shake hands and let's play ball.
He doesnt need to be on the sideline.. I'm sure they will tell them to keep him behind the benches from now on..but he did instigate that he went into Greenlaw first, thats not good for him.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
The reaction isn't as much about the incident itself, it's about the penalties. One team lost lost their All-Pro LB, the other team lost someone that has absolutely no bearing on game play or results on the field. The refs didn't even throw a flag against the Philly bench, replay officials said they could not levy an on-field penalty against Philly since one was not thrown against them at the time.
I was talking more about the reaction in this thread. The calls for security dude to be banned for life.

I would have handled it differently if I was the ref.

Of course then I would have been fired and banned from NFL stadiums for trying to be reasonable.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I was talking more about the reaction in this thread. The calls for security dude to be banned for life.

I would have handled it differently if I was the ref.

Of course then I would have been fired and banned from NFL stadiums for trying to be reasonable.
If you remember the Cowboys/Charger game, there was an altercation before the game. The following day the League sent a memo about what happened and similar to what happened last night. Basically Zero Tolerance and they would levy harsh penalties and fines up to loss of draft picks. While the altercation itself seems minor, it was fortunate for the 9ers and League that it didn't assist in altering the outcome of the game from losing their AP LB. They won't lose a draft pick, but I think the League is gonna come down hard to try and deter another situation like this.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Dude could give our Coach a run for his money on the buffet and fat jokes.

OIF.4SayJKMyXVhmtEVpCPP7BA

So appropriate that it was an Eagle staff member to be the first one to do something like this. :laugh:
If there was a 'Build a Goon' store tell me this stuffed piece of crap isn't exactly the model of goon Dip**** Sirianni would build.

From his bigger than most belly (adored in Philthy), to his fake designer glasses, to the Italian flag sewn to his hat and down to the Italian flag crest patch on his sleeve. Oh...oh, and I'll name him Dom Disandro. A very befitting handle for a fat Sopranos re-run watching couch turd constructed by a want-a-be mob boss masquerading as a football coach! Guy probably smells like a mixture of Drakkar and oil and vinegar.

Wahlberg and McFarlane can step aside. The next movie I need to see starring a stuffed talking toy and a stoner from the northeast has to be headlined by Sirianni and Disandro.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If you remember the Cowboys/Charger game, there was an altercation before the game. The following day the League sent a memo about what happened and similar to what happened last night. Basically Zero Tolerance and they would levy harsh penalties and fines up to loss of draft picks. While the altercation itself seems minor, it was fortunate for the 9ers and League that it didn't assist in altering the outcome of the game from losing their AP LB. They won't lose a draft pick, but I think the League is gonna come down hard to try and deter another situation like this.
They should ...........the last players need to worry about is getting into some altercation with the opposing team's non-football staff members.