News: A Blockbuster Cowboys Trade Idea Is Being Floated by Fisher

sunalsorises

Reaction score
OMG. Lol. A 3rd would be a steal for Tyron right now. Zero chance we’d get a 1 for anyone on this team not named Dak, Lamb, or Parsons..

Interesting. Would you trade Lamb for a first? I might if I could get a receiver with the pick.

Tussinman

Reaction score
So are you thinking trade him or keep him? Personally I'd be okay with both options as long as we got fair value for him. So I'd be upset if we traded him for a 6th or 7th rounder just to dump his salary. I'd be happy for a 2nd rounder and we used that for his replacement. Or I'd be happy with keeping him. The option I don't want is a straight up cut or a trade for a low end pick. If we lose him let's get something for him cuz I agree that he is still valuable. I doubt we could get a 1st for him but I would take that as well.
Depends on how the front office views the current roster. If they believe they have a NFC championship roster or close to it (which i'm sure Jerry thinks) then you don't trade starters. If it was re-build mode or they thought they where a few more years away from making a deep run then yeah you trade him
He hasn't been healthy for several years now so that excuse means nothing.
To be fair the narrative was "he's intentionally putting off back surgery". He had the surgery and had zero compliants this year of his back, the injuries he had this season where flukes and not preventable (McGovern getting beat off the line like a highschool scrub and then landing all of his weight on Tyrons ankle is bad luck vs "oh his back is never going to heal he's toast")

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seems like a stretch. No team is giving up a 1st for a guy who can't stay on the field. Tyron was not good when he returned to the lineup, either. My bet is he would retire if traded.

Tyron graded out quite well. What are you referring to when you say "he was not good"? He gave up 2 sacks all year......made the pro bowl. He's 31....... Another team in desperate need OL help would absolutely snatch him up. Problem is that would leave us a gigantic hole in Daks blindside........ the offense doesn't work without Tyron. It grounds to a practical hault when he is out.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Interesting idea although we all probably doubt Jerry would pull the trigger on trading Smith. It would mean probably starting Ball or drafting a starter.

Now looking at the Ravens needs before free agency they could use Smith and a couple of corners. Also considering we keep hearing that the talent in the draft is way less than the last couple of years then maybe Baltimore would rather have a Smith and Brown instead of a hope at 14.

For Dallas, you have to be certain that Ball is ready or you feel Collins can be the LT and Steele the RT. Then 14 would be Linderbaum almost for sure.

Would be interesting.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Interesting idea although we all probably doubt Jerry would pull the trigger on trading Smith. It would mean probably starting Ball or drafting a starter.

Now looking at the Ravens needs before free agency they could use Smith and a couple of corners. Also considering we keep hearing that the talent in the draft is way less than the last couple of years then maybe Baltimore would rather have a Smith and Brown instead of a hope at 14.

For Dallas, you have to be certain that Ball is ready or you feel Collins can be the LT and Steele the RT. Then 14 would be Linderbaum almost for sure.

Would be interesting.

Its actually a great draft for OL and DL. Its just a bad year for QBs , wrs, and rbs.

LInderbaum is a dominant center, but we need Evan Neal if we are losing tyron. Dak doesn't have a prayer without a dominant LT which Tyron is when healthy.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Tyron doesn’t have the worth we like to believe he has. He’s inconsistent and unhealthy; and ultimately not getting younger

Blackrain

Reaction score
He finally had the back surgery and has no issues with that .
His injuries this year were inflicted by his own teammates by accident.
I'm for keeping him this year and see if he can stay healthy .

We need to find a real center to make this o line work correctly

OGCowboy

Reaction score
At this point in TSs career he definitely deserves to be traded to a real contender. He’s earned a shot at a ring and it’s not happening here.
In a trade scenario a third and fifth for him would be an absolute steal.....

J_Allen

Reaction score
Depends on how the front office views the current roster. If they believe they have a NFC championship roster or close to it (which i'm sure Jerry thinks) then you don't trade starters. If it was re-build mode or they thought they where a few more years away from making a deep run then yeah you trade him
To be fair the narrative was "he's intentionally putting off back surgery". He had the surgery and had zero compliants this year of his back, the injuries he had this season where flukes and not preventable (McGovern getting beat off the line like a highschool scrub and then landing all of his weight on Tyrons ankle is bad luck vs "oh his back is never going to heal he's toast")

Okay so it was the ankle this year. The point is he's always hurt.

Adreme

Reaction score
Depends on his health. When he is healthy, he is the best LT in the NFL. He's only 31. I do know that our offense grinds to a halt when he is out.

The problem with asking for the 14th overall pick is the team that control it already has an all pro LT who can also claim to be one of the top in the NFL when healthy (I think Trent Williams was the healthiest top tier LT of the 4 top ones which is just weird to say). So effectively they are trading to get a Right Tackle which does not seem worth it.