A common complaint about Dak is he is horrible in the redzone

USArmyVet

Reaction score

"Dak Prescott, some might argue, is now being paid like a one-man team. But Jimmy Johnson, the former head coach of the Dallas Cowboys team that just paid its franchise QB, cautions that Prescott is not that guy.

I like Dak,'' said Johnson, speaking to Colin Cowherd on FSI. "I think he can win you a championship if he has great players around him. I don't think Dak can carry a football team if he doesn't have great players around him."

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
"Dak Prescott, some might argue, is now being paid like a one-man team. But Jimmy Johnson, the former head coach of the Dallas Cowboys team that just paid its franchise QB, cautions that Prescott is not that guy.

I like Dak,'' said Johnson, speaking to Colin Cowherd on FSI. "I think he can win you a championship if he has great players around him. I don't think Dak can carry a football team if he doesn't have great players around him."
What does Jimmy Johnson know about winning anything?

Sydla

Reaction score
I’ma big dak fan but this thread is actually going to backfire pretty hard

why don’t you look at dak inside the 10 yard line from the same source you just listed...ouch

And then go back to 2018. Ouch.

Dak has to improve his efficiency inside the red zone. That's really not debatable.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Lol. If there was any knowledge whatsoever w/some of these posts they just may realize it's Moore calling the plays.

Funny how they blamed Dak for that loss in Philly when Moore decided to bench our 2 WR's on 4th & goal when not only the game, but division was on the line.

As my dear friend @cowboy_ron quoted many many times. "You Just Can't Fix Stupid"

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

"Right now, he's super impressive," Belichick said. "This guy can throw the ball. He's very accurate, he's got great poise in the pocket, stands in there. He extend plays and run if he has to, but he doesn't do much of that unless he really needs to.

"He has great poise and discipline in the pocket, gets his eyes downfield. He's a great intermediate to deep ball thrower.

" ... Just a great, great quarterback. Sideline throws, inside throws, in-cuts, posts, over routes, flag routes; you name it."

Bill Belicheck

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Lol. If there was any knowledge whatsoever w/some of these posts they just may realize it's Moore calling the plays.

Funny how they blamed Dak for that loss in Philly when Moore decided to bench our 2 WR's on 4th & goal when not only the game, but division was on the line.

As my dear friend @cowboy_ron quoted many many times. "You Just Can't Fix Stupid"
How dare any of those unknowledgeable fans think the person that plays the most important position on the team and accounted for ZERO TDs with the division on the line should share any of blame.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
"Right now, he's super impressive," Belichick said. "This guy can throw the ball. He's very accurate, he's got great poise in the pocket, stands in there. He extend plays and run if he has to, but he doesn't do much of that unless he really needs to.

"He has great poise and discipline in the pocket, gets his eyes downfield. He's a great intermediate to deep ball thrower.

" ... Just a great, great quarterback. Sideline throws, inside throws, in-cuts, posts, over routes, flag routes; you name it."

Bill Belicheck
Bill on Mitch Trubisky:
"He's done a good job for them," Belichick said. "Athletic kid, big, strong, good arm, can throw the ball, make all the throws, tough, can stand in there, a hard guy to tackle. Some of the running plays he's involved in. He seems to be probably more comfortable with the offense each week. They do a little more."

Bill on Sam Darnold:
"I think he's got the ability to make all the throws," Belichick said. "Can throw down the field, intermediate throws. Plenty of examples of him going through a read progression . . . I think he's shown the ability to do everything.

Bill on Jared Goff:
"You just have to respect the talent and the skill that Goff has," Belichick said Wednesday. "You can certainly see that, particularly in this game against New Orleans. He's a very, very talented player with a great arm and the ability to make a lot of throws."

Bill on Carson Wentz:
“He’s a very versatile player, pretty good at everything,” Belichick said. “He’s got a real good arm. Can make all the throws. Can throw on the run, throw in the pocket. Get the ball to all his receivers; he reads coverages well. He’s athletic and can extend plays. He looks like a pretty smart guy. They give him a lot of responsibility as far as checks at the line of scrimmage. He’s a really good football player that really looks good at everything, good at all areas of the game.”

Bill on Daniel Jones:
“He’s got the ability to extend plays and run for yardage to pick up critical first downs,” Belichick said. “He’s an impressive player and a very impressive person,”

“Jones is fast, and he’s made plays with his legs outside the pocket. The Tampa game comes to mind right off the bat. He’s got the ability to extend plays and also run for yardage to score or pick up critical first downs. He has kind of the sixth receiver element."

You make it WAY too easy, Rockport. You should think before you type.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score

Had the play worked, Dak would have got all the credit, right?

If play works - credit Dak and team.
If play doesn’t work - blame OC/HC/GM.

You do realize how playcalling works in the NFL and the role of QBs with audibles and game planning and strategy.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

Bill Belicheck

So instead of analyzing what Johnson said your retort is to put up a Bill quote in some way to refute what I posted? Try reading as Johnson said he is a good QB, like Bill said, but that Dak is not the type of QB to carry a team to a Championship for he needs great players all around him. You get so desperate at times to elevate your chosen QB that you make yourself look bad.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
So instead of analyzing what Johnson said your retort is to put up a Bill quote in some way to refute what I posted? Try reading as Johnson said he is a good QB, like Bill said, but that Dak is not the type of QB to carry a team to a Championship for he needs great players all around him. You get so desperate at times to elevate your chosen QB that you make yourself look bad.
Jimmy's a talking head now and said that just for ratings. You were sucked. Belicheck said what he said because he was scared ******** that Dak was going to burn him.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Jimmy's a talking head now and said that just for ratings. You were sucked. Belicheck said what he said because he was scared ******** that Dak was going to burn him.
Bill on Mitch Trubisky:
"He's done a good job for them," Belichick said. "Athletic kid, big, strong, good arm, can throw the ball, make all the throws, tough, can stand in there, a hard guy to tackle. Some of the running plays he's involved in. He seems to be probably more comfortable with the offense each week. They do a little more."

Bill on Sam Darnold:
"I think he's got the ability to make all the throws," Belichick said. "Can throw down the field, intermediate throws. Plenty of examples of him going through a read progression . . . I think he's shown the ability to do everything.

Bill on Jared Goff:
"You just have to respect the talent and the skill that Goff has," Belichick said Wednesday. "You can certainly see that, particularly in this game against New Orleans. He's a very, very talented player with a great arm and the ability to make a lot of throws."

Bill on Carson Wentz:
“He’s a very versatile player, pretty good at everything,” Belichick said. “He’s got a real good arm. Can make all the throws. Can throw on the run, throw in the pocket. Get the ball to all his receivers; he reads coverages well. He’s athletic and can extend plays. He looks like a pretty smart guy. They give him a lot of responsibility as far as checks at the line of scrimmage. He’s a really good football player that really looks good at everything, good at all areas of the game.”

Bill on Daniel Jones:
“He’s got the ability to extend plays and run for yardage to pick up critical first downs,” Belichick said. “He’s an impressive player and a very impressive person,”

“Jones is fast, and he’s made plays with his legs outside the pocket. The Tampa game comes to mind right off the bat. He’s got the ability to extend plays and also run for yardage to score or pick up critical first downs. He has kind of the sixth receiver element."

Bill scared of those guys too? Daks stats against the Pats: 212 yards, 57% Competition Percentage, 0 TDs. 1 INT.

Yeah, Bill was so scared......

You're embarrassing yourself, Rockport.

kskboys

Reaction score
Disagree. No "at times" to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!