A Conglomeration of James Marten Projections

NinePointOh

Reaction score
For those who think we got poor value in the third. All I've compiled so far ...

Sports Illustrated: 2nd round
Draft Notebook: 2nd round
John Murphy at Yahoo Sports: 2nd round
Jazz Sports: 2nd round
BoltHype: 2nd round
Rivals.com: 2nd round
Draft Stock: Late 2nd round
Walter Football: Late 2nd round
Football Forecasters: Late 2nd round
Todd McShay at Scouts, Inc.: High 3rd round
Mel Kiper, Jr.: 3rd round
NFL Draft Dog: 3rd round
Six Talking Heads: 3rd round
NinersNation: 3rd round
Mile High Report: 3rd round
Big Blue Interactive: 3rd round
Great Blue North: 3rd round
Rick Gosselin: 3rd round
Consensus Draft Services: 3rd round
NFL Draft Countdown: Day one pick
Peter Schrager at Fox Sports: Early 4th round
DraftAce: 4th round
Northwest Scouting: 4th round
New Era Scouting: 5th round

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
So that guy went and found the draft guide with the worst grade to cry about ......

Good job in finding the truth NinePointOh ..... I was way to lazy to look.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
So this averages out to a 3rd round pick. Right where we got him. We traded a second round pick away to do this. This is value how?

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
zrinkill;1476229 said:
So that guy went and found the draft guide with the worst grade to cry about ......

Good job in finding the truth NinePointOh ..... I was way to lazy to look.

3 of them had him at 4th or worse. That's crying?
:rolleyes:

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;1476241 said:
So this averages out to a 3rd round pick. Right where we got him. We traded a second round pick away to do this. This is value how?

Seriously?

We traded that 2nd rd pick for a 3rd rd pick, 4th rd pick, and we're moving up 16 spots in the 6th round.

That's hardly "using a second rounder to draft him".

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
DragonCowboy;1476255 said:
Seriously?

We traded that 2nd rd pick for a 3rd rd pick, 4th rd pick, and we're moving up 16 spots in the 6th round.

That's hardly "using a second rounder to draft him".

plus its the 3rd pick in the 4th and 6th round

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There wasn't anyone we liked and thought was worth the 53rd pick. It's that simple. So we moved down to where the guys we like and where they ought to be drafted are at. I don't care what any draft guide says over the what the Cowboy brass feels about players.

NinePointOh

Reaction score

Because we added a 4th rounder and moved up in the 6th, silly. You always seem to ignore that part, especially when you quote the only source I've been able to find that puts him lower than the 4th.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Yeah, you know what? I was wrong. He's the second coming.

Don't know why we didn't take him in the first. As a matter of fact we probably should have traded up to get him. :rolleyes:

Good grief.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;1476285 said:

Don't know why we didn't take him in the first. As a matter of fact we probably should have traded up to get him. :rolleyes:

Good grief.

Wow, when you realize you're beaten, the first thing you do is suggest we're going to an extreme, to make it seem as if we're wrong.

Nice.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
NinePointOh;1476270 said:
Because we added a 4th rounder and moved up in the 6th, silly. You always seem to ignore that part, especially when you quote the only source I've been able to find that puts him lower than the 4th.

You have four that place him fourth or lower. Picking up the 4th doesn't mitigate the value of the second when we are drafting for the future.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;1476249 said:
3 of them had him at 4th or worse. That's crying?
:rolleyes:

16 of them (so far) had him in top 3 rounds, hmmmm maybe that could be called a majority opinion

BigWillie

Reaction score

Just because he is rated as a 3rd round pick by scouting services doesn't mean he was a 3rd round pick on our board. In the end, it only matters what the Cowboys think of him, right?

Although I know Goose and Scott Wright are God's, they are not the only ones who evaluate these prospects. Sometimes (but I've only heard of this once or twice), these teams do scout players. Crazy, ain't it?

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
DragonCowboy;1476300 said:
Wow, when you realize you're beaten, the first thing you do is suggest we're going to an extreme, to make it seem as if we're wrong.

Nice.

Beaten? In the very thread started to defend the pick, there are 4 sources that say he is a second day pick. How is that beaten? Just because you scream louder doesn't mean you are right.

And no one here is right or wrong. It's about opinion. An opinion can't be wrong. Only facts can be wrong. And facts are that there are multiple sources that agree with my opinion.

Some people really have ego problems.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;1476285 said:

Good grief.

So is that your special way of saying the entire time you were crying about how we reached for the guy you basically didn't know what the hell you were talking about ?