A Dak extension cannot have a no-cut, no-trade, guaranteed dollar deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeblair

Reaction score
This has to be Jerry's priority.
Any new deal has to be without guarantees. If Dak can't cut it, the Cowboys cannot mortgage any more of the future on him.
I think it should give them the option to release him this season if he can't cut it.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Just wait.... Jerry will make him the highest paid NFL player in history. And Dak will then repay the fans and Jerry by losing in the wild card game.
But the Duh, Duh, Duh, multiple emoji fans will be tickled pink, and remain in the deep end of the fool pool.

mcmvp

Reaction score
If the incentives are high enough there could/should be escape clauses for poor performances.
Look…I see you point, but you and I know both know that contract will never happen…so I don’t see the point in discussing it.

Some things are realistic… Others aren’t.

Nav22

Reaction score
Has any group of people looked more consistently foolish than the Anti-Dak Cult?

These are the people who are CONVINCED that they know more about QBs than the NFL players, coaches, scouts and execs who all ranked Dak in their top 10 this offseason.

"DURRRR JERRY SHUD MAKE DAK PLAY FOR DA MINEMUM UNTIL HE WINZ DA SUPAH BOUL DURRRRRR!!!!"
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And why would Dak or any other QB in the league sign a deal like that?

I know many fans hate Dak and want him gone, but stuff like this is straight out of make-believe land.
One of the greatest lines in any movie was Chinatown with Jack Nicholson.

When the woman gets killed at the end. Jake (Nicholson) goes a bit crazy.

His partner says... "Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown."

So I say to you..."Forget it, CL Dal Fan. It's Lee Blair."

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I will be the first to admit that I am no fan of Dak and think if he does not guide Dallas to an NFCCG appearance this season Dallas needs to plan to move on.

That said, there is no way Dak, his agent, or any player in the league for that matter would sign an extension with zero guaranteed money for that is simply foolish. Having said that, JJ has every right and in fact, 100% should decline an extension offer containing a no-trade clause.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Dak makes top 10 money, and he's a top 10 QB.

Are you going to cry because he lapped you in life 1,000 times over?
You would get more respect without disparaging of a member's personal life for you know nothing of the battle they may be going through in life.

In 99% of the cases, we will never agree on things Cowboys. That said, we both agree that there is no way Dak or any player accepts a zero-guarantee money contract extension. However, this just may be the make-it-break year for Dak.

Status
Not open for further replies.