A Dak extension cannot have a no-cut, no-trade, guaranteed dollar deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

McMicah

Reaction score
I mean Dak aside, I would say any contract with a no trade clause is a bad idea. If you drafted the equivalent of Eli Manning and then drafted the equivalent of Tom Brady as a backup it would be dumb not to be able to trade out of that situation

USArmyVet

Reaction score
He disparaged Dak first.

Seems pretty cowardly to disparage others without being able to take it yourself.
Be that as it may, you aren't Dak and there is no need for you to defend Dak....especially by belittling a member's personal life over it.

Keep it on the field and that should go for all of us. I for one need to listen to my own advice and keep things focused on Dallas and Dallas alone.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
And you're not that member I was referring to but you chose to defend that member, didn't you?

So I defended Dak while you defended a CZ member.

If he/she can't take it, he/she should keep his/her mouth shut.
Okay man, was simply trying to offer an olive branch of sorts but I am only in control of my own behavior. Carry on.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's see if Dakko can perform against the Giants and Jets first and foremost as I have a feeling the word extension might just be in line with the word extinct!
See that MM is already training Lance..............nice!

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Realistic is perhaps the front office trying to restructure a contract when Dak gets extended so that it makes it possible to trade him a few seasons down the road if things don't work out.

Unrealistic. Thinking that the front office can get Dak to sign a no guaranteed money deal in which no other player in the NFL would sign.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Let's see if Dakko can perform against the Giants and Jets first and foremost as I have a feeling the word extension might just be in line with the word extinct!
See that MM is already training Lance..............nice!

A picture is worth a thousand words...

Screenshot-20230830-193152-Opera.jpg

Mike McCarthy doesn't look too happy or excited.

leeblair

Reaction score
This comment right here is why I don’t visit this board much at all anymore. You guys aren’t living in reality, why would Dak sign a contract that no other qb in the history of the NFL sign. Smh
He can be made to sign or walk.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This has to be Jerry's priority.
Any new deal has to be without guarantees. If Dak can't cut it, the Cowboys cannot mortgage any more of the future on him.
I think it should give them the option to release him this season if he can't cut it.
This is just dumb. Don't sign him if you have to do all this which is why they wouldn't lol. The players union would step in. You want them to sign Dak to a deal that's never been signed before lol. Just silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.