A decision about McFadden needs to be made in 3 weeks

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
You think some team call and wanted to make a big time irrestable offer for him?

Remember, he cost us nothing. It's not like we are losing out on a big investment.

I don't know if they did. Would have been nice to get at least a 5th or 6th pick.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Empty yards in meaningless games with no TDs.....very pedestrian.....he was a decent fill-in for Randle, that's all.......Bye Felicia

Hard to get put into scoring opportunities without a QB helping move the offense between the 20s. That's just understanding football at a base level.

Last edited:

Hardline

Reaction score
You know that's not what that statement said. Stop being childish......I thought people were more educated then that. In the only season Mcfadden played for Dallas was last season, all year he had 3 TDs. Dak already has more then 3. Is that easier for you to understand or you want to continue this charade
Unless you can refute what I actually said I'll take your post as a concession.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Unless you can refute what I actually said I'll take your post as a concession.
Well for one you say I didn't say last season.......I also didn't say this season. You assumed on both. That being said I could less how you take my post

Hardline

Reaction score
Well for one you say I didn't say last season.......I also didn't say this season. You assumed on both. That being said I could less how you take my post
Since you were discussing McFadden and McFadden played last season all I did was put 2 and 2 together and came to the logical conclusion you were talking about last season.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Give him Dunbar spot , he hasn't appeared since week 1

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Since you were discussing McFadden and McFadden played last season all I did was put 2 and 2 together and came to the logical conclusion you were talking about last season.
Do you even read what you write? Nice try though good bye

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Source: https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/in...eing-tough-but-fair-with-darren-mcfadden/amp/

"There are three games left until Dallas has to either activate McFadden, release him, or place him on Injured Reserve."

I will preface by saying I believe the best player(s) should start despite draft status, contract size, etc.

I think it's a mistake if in 3 weeks we don't activate DMC to at the very minimum compete for RB2 against AM. In my opinion DMC (assuming he wins the spot or even gets a chance to compete for it) is simply just the better overall player despite being older.

Pros for McFadden:
- similar skill set to EE
- is a true 3 down back similar to EE
- not a liability in pass protection
- can catch the ball similar to EE
- cheap contract similar to AM
- proven success (1k yards rushing despite not being the full time starter at the beginning of the year with no QB)

Cons for McFadden:
- older
- labeled to be "injury prone" (which is fair given his history)
- hasn't been with the team all year till this point and may not instant chemistry

This isn't a knock on AM at all, I liked AM and was pleased when we signed him. I just think our offense would be more difficult to deal with when you are rotating 2 RB's that can do most of the same things in the backfield.

If AM and DMC compete for RB2 and AM still wins it, I will not have an issue with it.
This clown shouldn't even be taking up a roster spot right now. We could have already enjoyed much better value at another position in that spot.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This clown shouldn't even be taking up a roster spot right now. We could have already enjoyed much better value at another position in that spot.
At what point during this season has McFadden been taking a roster spot?

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score

I was under the impression that he wasn't taking a roster spot at this point. This pretty much the purpose of this thread.

Unless you can cite me a different source showing me I am incorrect.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
McFadden should have already been taken out into the deep woods and released in the middle of the night.