A Dynasty is in the works

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Only thing in the works is the next game. This team is too young in certain areas and aging fast in others.

Praxit

Reaction score
We are approximately 30% into the season and we’re proclaiming “dynasty”? Wow, I would like to win the division first, secure a #1 or #2 seed first, win a divisional playoff game first, win an NFC championship and win a Super Bowl first before even thinking “dynasty”.

Im very excited about our 4-1 start and very encouraged by the changes I’ve seen in the culture. But there’s a ton of football left to be played before I’m ready to declare the “d” word.
..lol... I feel like a kid in a candy store. Only to realize I only have enough, for one thing. ;)..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This is a prediction I made 11 months ago, and it turns out that it's coming true. Of course, a large part of this goes to free agency acquisitions, which I didn't consider. I'm enjoying the comments, and I do think a Dynasty is in the works here. Congrats to the front office and especially Will McClay and the talent evaluation that is being done.

BEGIN QUOTE...

"By all accounts, 2020's draft was supreme, every pick Dallas made could have been met with a high grade, had they been picked a round early. CeeDee was just a bonus, icing on the cake for a solid draft, making it legendary.

So now, envision this
QB
Dak, Garrett Gilbert, Dinucci
Starting O-line
Tyron Smith, Blue chip top 10 overall LG if Surtain isn't available, Biadisz, Zack Martin, La'el Collins
Backups: Williams, Steele, Looney, McGovern
WR
Cooper, Gallup, Lamb, Wilson, Brown
TE
Schultz, Jarwin
RB
Elliott, Pollard, 4th round RB

D Line
DLaw, Gregory, Aldon Smith, Gallimore, Woods, Anae, Armstrong, 3rd round pick B

LB's
VanderEsch, Jaylon Smith, THomas, Bernard, 3rd Round pick A

Secondary
Diggs, Lewis, 2nd round pick, (or Surtain in the first) Reggie Robinson, Woods, Wilson, (Brown or Awuzie)

That still leaves 11 players to keep on the roster, 8 more after LS, P, and K are covered. This roster could be so stacked, with quality players in 2 successive drafts! Injuries have a silver lining, because this roster will be so excessively talented, we could see sustained years of success if the coaching improves"

Yes, I am serious.. I think the talent that can be assembled with a loaded roster for 2020 with injuries in a year that they SHOULD have dominated presents an opportunity. Load again with a repeat success story that the 2020 draft brought, trade some players if necessary and get more picks. Herschel Walker trades won't happen again, but an injury riddled year is a great opportunity. Right now Dallas is playing with a preseason offensive line, ensuring a high draft pick in 2021. They'll get everyone back in 2021.

now we get to add more premium draft picks this upcoming offseason, because of the injuries. We can trade some players away for additional picks or players that fit the scheme. Rarely does such a talented team get to add talent two years in a row. Nov 28th 2020

Look I'm not saying that all this dynasty stuff is a lock or a guarantee. However, it is an opportunity, after a year where Dallas had a great draft, their advantage they have in the existing talent that was forced to IR in most cases. In the coming year, the roster talent can balloon far above what other teams have, because of the lower draft picks they'll get due to better records. There's hopefully a silver lining to the injuries, and I'm fine with Dallas taking some risks and trading away a few players in order to stack the deck with talent. Will McClay is key, and has proven that he is right in acquiring good talent. Dec 2, 2020

End quote... pretty close to spot on prediction... injuries are always the problem, and officiating can overwrite a lot of good things.
way way way way too early...lets win a superbowl first before we go on this type of discussion. I am hopeful, but I know there is more work to be done.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is a prediction I made 11 months ago, and it turns out that it's coming true. Of course, a large part of this goes to free agency acquisitions, which I didn't consider. I'm enjoying the comments, and I do think a Dynasty is in the works here. Congrats to the front office and especially Will McClay and the talent evaluation that is being done.

BEGIN QUOTE...

"By all accounts, 2020's draft was supreme, every pick Dallas made could have been met with a high grade, had they been picked a round early. CeeDee was just a bonus, icing on the cake for a solid draft, making it legendary.

So now, envision this
QB
Starting O-line
Tyron Smith, Blue chip top 10 overall LG if Surtain isn't available, Biadisz, Zack Martin, La'el Collins
WR
TE
Schultz, Jarwin
RB

D Line

LB's

Secondary
Diggs, Lewis, 2nd round pick, (or Surtain in the first) Reggie Robinson, Woods, Wilson, (Brown or Awuzie)

That still leaves 11 players to keep on the roster, 8 more after LS, P, and K are covered. This roster could be so stacked, with quality players in 2 successive drafts! Injuries have a silver lining, because this roster will be so excessively talented, we could see sustained years of success if the coaching improves"

Yes, I am serious.. I think the talent that can be assembled with a loaded roster for 2020 with injuries in a year that they SHOULD have dominated presents an opportunity. Load again with a repeat success story that the 2020 draft brought, trade some players if necessary and get more picks. Herschel Walker trades won't happen again, but an injury riddled year is a great opportunity. Right now Dallas is playing with a preseason offensive line, ensuring a high draft pick in 2021. They'll get everyone back in 2021.

now we get to add more premium draft picks this upcoming offseason, because of the injuries. We can trade some players away for additional picks or players that fit the scheme. Rarely does such a talented team get to add talent two years in a row. Nov 28th 2020

Look I'm not saying that all this dynasty stuff is a lock or a guarantee. However, it is an opportunity, after a year where Dallas had a great draft, their advantage they have in the existing talent that was forced to IR in most cases. In the coming year, the roster talent can balloon far above what other teams have, because of the lower draft picks they'll get due to better records. There's hopefully a silver lining to the injuries, and I'm fine with Dallas taking some risks and trading away a few players in order to stack the deck with talent. Will McClay is key, and has proven that he is right in acquiring good talent. Dec 2, 2020

End quote... pretty close to spot on prediction... injuries are always the problem, and officiating can overwrite a lot of good things.
Can't use the 'Dynasty' word until you win at least one super bowl.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score

BEGIN QUOTE...

So now, envision this
QB
Starting O-line
WR
TE
Schultz, Jarwin
RB

D Line

LB's

Secondary

You're suppose to pull a rabbit out of the hat, not a kangaroo.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
this is the kind of crap that gives Cowboy haters like Stephen A Smith and a million other baffoons around the country the impetus to say things like "my hatred is justified because of the fans, I hate the fans"

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
this is the kind of crap that gives Cowboy haters like Stephen A Smith and a million other baffoons around the country the impetus to say things like "my hatred is justified because of the fans, I hate the fans"

It's not unique to Cowboys fans. That's the thing.

The real reason the Cowboys are the most hated team in the league is because they're also the most beloved.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You can not have a dynasty with only 1 good year. It would help to atleast get to the SB this year and see if we can re-peat next year.

RandyOh

Reaction score
No wonder everyone hates Cowboy fans with a passion. We start proclaiming a dynasty after a 4-1 start :confused:

Zman5

Reaction score
Is your name Miss Cleo?

Joking aside, I don't know about a dynasty, but we do have a big window to win a SB for next few years. Hopefully we take advantage of it.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Well this is just way to premature.

Threads like this are as bad (in there own way) as the really negative threads.

I commend the OP for his excitement and love of this team, but caution him not to get past the carrot.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Yea, well, let's tap the brakes on he empty cupboard dynasty and see how they manage the roster and salary cap over the next five years.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I would hit the brakes pretty hard on predicting a dynasty with this team until we see how this season turns out. I find it pretty funny that a fan is talking dynasty with this team and the Cowboys haven’t made the playoffs in two years and are coming off a 6-10 season. We’re only five games into the season and some fans are going overboard. I thought the Cowboys were building something special during the 07 season until they got derailed by Cabo and the Giants in January. The team ended up missing the playoffs the following year. I thought the Cowboys were building something special after the 09 season when they won their first playoff game in 13 years, then proceeded to miss the playoffs the next 4 straight seasons. I thought the Cowboys were building something special after the 2014 season until Aaron Rodgers foiled us in the playoffs.

We then proceeded to go 4-12 the following season. I thought we were building something special in 2016 until Aaron Rodgers foiled us once again in the playoffs. We proceeded to miss the playoffs the following year. This current Cowboys team appears to have a lot of promise but I’ve been burned far too many times by this organization to fall into a trap this time around. No bold predictions for me, I’m just going to allow the season to play out and see where it goes. I want to see if this team is going to show up to play every week or they’re going to become complacent and sputter out by playoff time. Only time will tell. I wouldn’t be talking dynasty until we start having some real playoff success and are able to validate a solid season the following year.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Let’s at least reach an NFC Championship game before we start any dynasty talk.