A Dynasty is in the works

cffl2323

Reaction score
Yes, I agree the playoff success has not been achieved... but I'm saying that a Dynasty was in the works last season, big picture... because the roster was loaded last year, and injuries to some stars allowed Dallas to be in the top 10 again. Based on the legendary 2020 draft, a repeat of that... (which we didn't quite get..) would be huge. I think Dallas hit on 3 key 2021 drafted players. Parsons obviously, Odighizowa, and Jabril Cox. Of course, I like Ralston too... but he's seen practically zero offensive playing time. All the free agency additions puts Dallas at the pinnacle of talented rosters. What's more, the OC is using them creatively, and I like what I'm seeing from Al Harris in the secondary. The front 7 are having excellent production, too. It would be difficult to name a more talented roster than the Cowboys.

True, a dynasty puts the talent into the right schemes, but that's why I say that its "IN THE WORKS"

Don't let anyone sour your excitement. We've had such disappointment for so long that it's nice to finally feel at least a little success. If you want to go over the top a bit, then go right ahead. I have to slow myself down from getting a little too excited about what we're doing, and what we could do going forward. There's definitely the ground work laid for some sustained success, but a lot of things have to go right for it to work, and a lot of things could easily ruin it too. A good QB, O-line, and d-line go a long way towards winning games in this league and we seem to have those working in our favor right now.

starfan1

Reaction score
right the overreaction in the positive have been priceless..

im trying to be the voice of reason and find soem middle grounds but the fires been started and im loosing my grip..lOL
I’ll take it over the pessimistic bs but I get your point

Buzzbait

Reaction score
OMG!!! seriously dont we have to win one SB first then talk dynasty!!:rolleyes::facepalm:
SLOW down!!.........
.....so enjoy the week at hand let it marinate , take it game by game because rushing it by looking too far forward is like cooking a steak in microwave LOL i bet they also put ketchup on it..

Oh yikes! :facepalm:

817Gill

Reaction score
This is a prediction I made 11 months ago, and it turns out that it's coming true. Of course, a large part of this goes to free agency acquisitions, which I didn't consider. I'm enjoying the comments, and I do think a Dynasty is in the works here. Congrats to the front office and especially Will McClay and the talent evaluation that is being done.

BEGIN QUOTE...

"By all accounts, 2020's draft was supreme, every pick Dallas made could have been met with a high grade, had they been picked a round early. CeeDee was just a bonus, icing on the cake for a solid draft, making it legendary.

So now, envision this
QB
Dak, Garrett Gilbert, Dinucci
Starting O-line
Tyron Smith, Blue chip top 10 overall LG if Surtain isn't available, Biadisz, Zack Martin, La'el Collins
Backups: Williams, Steele, Looney, McGovern
WR
Cooper, Gallup, Lamb, Wilson, Brown
TE
Schultz, Jarwin
RB
Elliott, Pollard, 4th round RB

D Line
DLaw, Gregory, Aldon Smith, Gallimore, Woods, Anae, Armstrong, 3rd round pick B

LB's
VanderEsch, Jaylon Smith, THomas, Bernard, 3rd Round pick A

Secondary
Diggs, Lewis, 2nd round pick, (or Surtain in the first) Reggie Robinson, Woods, Wilson, (Brown or Awuzie)

That still leaves 11 players to keep on the roster, 8 more after LS, P, and K are covered. This roster could be so stacked, with quality players in 2 successive drafts! Injuries have a silver lining, because this roster will be so excessively talented, we could see sustained years of success if the coaching improves"

Yes, I am serious.. I think the talent that can be assembled with a loaded roster for 2020 with injuries in a year that they SHOULD have dominated presents an opportunity. Load again with a repeat success story that the 2020 draft brought, trade some players if necessary and get more picks. Herschel Walker trades won't happen again, but an injury riddled year is a great opportunity. Right now Dallas is playing with a preseason offensive line, ensuring a high draft pick in 2021. They'll get everyone back in 2021.

now we get to add more premium draft picks this upcoming offseason, because of the injuries. We can trade some players away for additional picks or players that fit the scheme. Rarely does such a talented team get to add talent two years in a row. Nov 28th 2020

Look I'm not saying that all this dynasty stuff is a lock or a guarantee. However, it is an opportunity, after a year where Dallas had a great draft, their advantage they have in the existing talent that was forced to IR in most cases. In the coming year, the roster talent can balloon far above what other teams have, because of the lower draft picks they'll get due to better records. There's hopefully a silver lining to the injuries, and I'm fine with Dallas taking some risks and trading away a few players in order to stack the deck with talent. Will McClay is key, and has proven that he is right in acquiring good talent. Dec 2, 2020

End quote... pretty close to spot on prediction... injuries are always the problem, and officiating can overwrite a lot of good things.
I think he’s simply saying that the groundwork of our roster creation right now puts us in a good position to have a talented and deep roster for multiple years in a row.

No one is saying we are about to be a dynasty, but a team built primarily through the draft that has a top 7 QB can be a strong contender annually.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
If anyone is still confused as to why Cowboys fans are so hated, this is a good example.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
injuries are always the problem, and officiating can overwrite a lot of good things.

Nice failsafe there. Big, bad, and talented but if we aren't successful then it'll be the refs' fault. Lol.

RonWashington

Reaction score
We have some weird fans .........:huh:

no what “ we have “ are fans tired of Dave Campo Chan Gailey 10 yrs of clapping and sideline shoving a goofy QB with cap on backwards with the aw shucks another turnover grin to match. Fans are starving for the smell of playoff success in the morning and surfs up Robert Duvall ….

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now, ya know why I've always said this Forum is crazy when they're not doing well but insane when they are. Win 4 in a row and the new Gods of the Gridiron have arrived.

There will not be any dynasties because they're too hard to sustain because of the cap, free agency and the challenge of depth when injuries are such a major part of the game.

The belief that the rising cap will allow this is incorrect because the QB position will continue to outdistance all others in absorbing cap % and right behind that are the offensive skill positions.

The best approach for every team is in the short term, 3-4 years and if that doesn't get them there, reload again.

The real challenge of NFL front offices isn't building a winner, it is sustaining one and knowing when to blow it up and start all over again. The Niners gave them the blueprint but few want to follow that. Takes all business and little heart to let the stars and HOFers go. GB followed that blueprint with their QB.

NE will be the last true NFL dynasty and that's because of the aligning of the stars, good coaching, an affordable QB, some luck and playing in a crappy division that gave them the inside track to home field in January.

Does anyone here really think Booger is going to let a marketable and promotable star go unless he's injured and cap strapped as he was with Ware? He has been GM OK with good enough and the really good ones are it's never good enough. Their glass is never even half full and his overflows too easily.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
OMG...no wonder there are so many Cowboys haterz in the world. When they see things like this where dynasty is mentioned after only five games into the season which follows 25 years of futility. Dynasties aren't even mentioned after ONE SB victory.
I am having a hard enough time seeing all these bandwagon jumpers from even the media getting on board already.
oh boyy......:facepalm:

nathanlt

Reaction score
Now, ya know why I've always said this Forum is crazy when they're not doing well but insane when they are. Win 4 in a row and the new Gods of the Gridiron have arrived.

There will not be any dynasties because they're too hard to sustain because of the cap, free agency and the challenge of depth when injuries are such a major part of the game.

The belief that the rising cap will allow this is incorrect because the QB position will continue to outdistance all others in absorbing cap % and right behind that are the offensive skill positions.

The best approach for every team is in the short term, 3-4 years and if that doesn't get them there, reload again.

The real challenge of NFL front offices isn't building a winner, it is sustaining one and knowing when to blow it up and start all over again. The Niners gave them the blueprint but few want to follow that. Takes all business and little heart to let the stars and HOFers go. GB followed that blueprint with their QB.

NE will be the last true NFL dynasty and that's because of the aligning of the stars, good coaching, an affordable QB, some luck and playing in a crappy division that gave them the inside track to home field in January.

Does anyone here really think Booger is going to let a marketable and promotable star go unless he's injured and cap strapped as he was with Ware? He has been GM OK with good enough and the really good ones are it's never good enough. Their glass is never even half full and his overflows too easily.

You're right that the era of the possibility of a dynasty could be over... But the way the front office has acquired talent these past 2 years is astounding. That could be the thing that changes it all. Anyway, its a work in progress... Maybe it was more in line with what I'm saying to phrase the concept as "Dallas is overstocked with talent, more than any NFL team" That's enough for a dynasty. If the Cowboys win 3 SB's in the next 3 or 4 years, that qualifies as a dynasty in this new era.

morat1959

Reaction score
This is a prediction I made 11 months ago, and it turns out that it's coming true. Of course, a large part of this goes to free agency acquisitions, which I didn't consider. I'm enjoying the comments, and I do think a Dynasty is in the works here. Congrats to the front office and especially Will McClay and the talent evaluation that is being done.

BEGIN QUOTE...

"By all accounts, 2020's draft was supreme, every pick Dallas made could have been met with a high grade, had they been picked a round early. CeeDee was just a bonus, icing on the cake for a solid draft, making it legendary.

So now, envision this
QB
Dak, Garrett Gilbert, Dinucci
Starting O-line
Tyron Smith, Blue chip top 10 overall LG if Surtain isn't available, Biadisz, Zack Martin, La'el Collins
Backups: Williams, Steele, Looney, McGovern
WR
Cooper, Gallup, Lamb, Wilson, Brown
TE
Schultz, Jarwin
RB
Elliott, Pollard, 4th round RB

D Line
DLaw, Gregory, Aldon Smith, Gallimore, Woods, Anae, Armstrong, 3rd round pick B

LB's
VanderEsch, Jaylon Smith, THomas, Bernard, 3rd Round pick A

Secondary
Diggs, Lewis, 2nd round pick, (or Surtain in the first) Reggie Robinson, Woods, Wilson, (Brown or Awuzie)

That still leaves 11 players to keep on the roster, 8 more after LS, P, and K are covered. This roster could be so stacked, with quality players in 2 successive drafts! Injuries have a silver lining, because this roster will be so excessively talented, we could see sustained years of success if the coaching improves"

Yes, I am serious.. I think the talent that can be assembled with a loaded roster for 2020 with injuries in a year that they SHOULD have dominated presents an opportunity. Load again with a repeat success story that the 2020 draft brought, trade some players if necessary and get more picks. Herschel Walker trades won't happen again, but an injury riddled year is a great opportunity. Right now Dallas is playing with a preseason offensive line, ensuring a high draft pick in 2021. They'll get everyone back in 2021.

now we get to add more premium draft picks this upcoming offseason, because of the injuries. We can trade some players away for additional picks or players that fit the scheme. Rarely does such a talented team get to add talent two years in a row. Nov 28th 2020

Look I'm not saying that all this dynasty stuff is a lock or a guarantee. However, it is an opportunity, after a year where Dallas had a great draft, their advantage they have in the existing talent that was forced to IR in most cases. In the coming year, the roster talent can balloon far above what other teams have, because of the lower draft picks they'll get due to better records. There's hopefully a silver lining to the injuries, and I'm fine with Dallas taking some risks and trading away a few players in order to stack the deck with talent. Will McClay is key, and has proven that he is right in acquiring good talent. Dec 2, 2020

End quote... pretty close to spot on prediction... injuries are always the problem, and officiating can overwrite a lot of good things.
Put down the pipe.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I love the look of the team right now. We are set up to be competitive for a long time. The sad thing is that Jerry will step in and ruin it. He will keep paying an aging D Flaw crazy money. He will give Randy a massive deal. He will keep Collins around. He will extend Diggs and Parsons 2 years early. The young hungry fierce team you see before you will get old and bloated overnight. Just like Jerry.

jnday

Reaction score
We are approximately 30% into the season and we’re proclaiming “dynasty”? Wow, I would like to win the division first, secure a #1 or #2 seed first, win a divisional playoff game first, win an NFC championship and win a Super Bowl first before even thinking “dynasty”.

I’m very excited about our 4-1 start and very encouraged by the changes I’ve seen in the culture. But there’s a ton of football left to be played before I’m ready to declare the “d” word.
This is ridiculous. All this Super Bowl talk and dynasty talk is crazy when the team hasn’t reach a divisional championship game in 25 years. SMDH There is nothing wrong with being excited about the way the team is playing, but this is going too far. Maybe I am old fashion, but I keep my mouth shut until the team actually has some post-season success. Cowboy fans wonder why nobody takes us serious, this is it.

JBS

Reaction score

the cap has done absolutely nothing to eliminate dynasties. The greatest dynasty the league has ever seen has been under the salary cap era. The chiefs have already been to multiple Super Bowls and their qb has been a starter in the league for just over 3 years . If you have an elite quarterback, you can build a dynasty in this league. Cap or not.

jnday

Reaction score
It's not unique to Cowboys fans. That's the thing.

The real reason the Cowboys are the most hated team in the league is because they're also the most beloved.
How many times have you seen Browns, Bengals and Texans fans talking about Super Bowls and dynasties when they can’t reach a division championship? Cowboys fans deserve the hate from the rest of the NFL. Dallas have been a joke for a couple of decades and now some of the fans are trash talking .