Reaction score
Why did I click this thread?

I knew, I KNEW, I shouldn't have ...

Smh

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're right that the era of the possibility of a dynasty could be over... But the way the front office has acquired talent these past 2 years is astounding. That could be the thing that changes it all. Anyway, its a work in progress... Maybe it was more in line with what I'm saying to phrase the concept as "Dallas is overstocked with talent, more than any NFL team" That's enough for a dynasty. If the Cowboys win 3 SB's in the next 3 or 4 years, that qualifies as a dynasty in this new era.
Yes, duplicating what they did in the 90's would be considered a dynasty but do the Bucs already have a leg up on that? They and KC did something never done since FA came into being, they kept their starting 22 intact.

I do not agree that Dallas is overstocked with talent more than any other team. I do not even agree they are even stocked on the DL or OL. When they created that dynasty in the 90's, they not only had outstanding lines but depth and had backups leave and start for other good teams. Do you see that with this team?

Dynasties are not built until the foundations are complete. That's what's wrong with the Patriots, that's where the erosion began, not at QB or the skill positions but along both sides of that line of scrimmage.

Let's start with even getting past the division round before considering this a dynasty.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
LOL...a dynasty? Just 5 games into the 2021 season after winning only 14 games the past 2 seasons and playing only 3 playoff games since 2016??? So now a 4-1 record is a dynasty???? So based on that the Bills, Chargers, Ravens, Cardinals, Rams, Packers, and Bucs are dynasties seeing as how they are 4-1 or better this season. Get off the ledge people.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
This is a prediction I made 11 months ago, and it turns out that it's coming true. Of course, a large part of this goes to free agency acquisitions, which I didn't consider. I'm enjoying the comments, and I do think a Dynasty is in the works here. Congrats to the front office and especially Will McClay and the talent evaluation that is being done.

BEGIN QUOTE...

"By all accounts, 2020's draft was supreme, every pick Dallas made could have been met with a high grade, had they been picked a round early. CeeDee was just a bonus, icing on the cake for a solid draft, making it legendary.

So now, envision this
QB
Dak, Garrett Gilbert, Dinucci
Starting O-line
Tyron Smith, Blue chip top 10 overall LG if Surtain isn't available, Biadisz, Zack Martin, La'el Collins
Backups: Williams, Steele, Looney, McGovern
WR
Cooper, Gallup, Lamb, Wilson, Brown
TE
Schultz, Jarwin
RB
Elliott, Pollard, 4th round RB

D Line
DLaw, Gregory, Aldon Smith, Gallimore, Woods, Anae, Armstrong, 3rd round pick B

LB's
VanderEsch, Jaylon Smith, THomas, Bernard, 3rd Round pick A

Secondary
Diggs, Lewis, 2nd round pick, (or Surtain in the first) Reggie Robinson, Woods, Wilson, (Brown or Awuzie)

That still leaves 11 players to keep on the roster, 8 more after LS, P, and K are covered. This roster could be so stacked, with quality players in 2 successive drafts! Injuries have a silver lining, because this roster will be so excessively talented, we could see sustained years of success if the coaching improves"

Yes, I am serious.. I think the talent that can be assembled with a loaded roster for 2020 with injuries in a year that they SHOULD have dominated presents an opportunity. Load again with a repeat success story that the 2020 draft brought, trade some players if necessary and get more picks. Herschel Walker trades won't happen again, but an injury riddled year is a great opportunity. Right now Dallas is playing with a preseason offensive line, ensuring a high draft pick in 2021. They'll get everyone back in 2021.

now we get to add more premium draft picks this upcoming offseason, because of the injuries. We can trade some players away for additional picks or players that fit the scheme. Rarely does such a talented team get to add talent two years in a row. Nov 28th 2020

Look I'm not saying that all this dynasty stuff is a lock or a guarantee. However, it is an opportunity, after a year where Dallas had a great draft, their advantage they have in the existing talent that was forced to IR in most cases. In the coming year, the roster talent can balloon far above what other teams have, because of the lower draft picks they'll get due to better records. There's hopefully a silver lining to the injuries, and I'm fine with Dallas taking some risks and trading away a few players in order to stack the deck with talent. Will McClay is key, and has proven that he is right in acquiring good talent. Dec 2, 2020

End quote... pretty close to spot on prediction... injuries are always the problem, and officiating can overwrite a lot of good things.
Tap the brakes there, big fella.
Let's get some skins on he wall first.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
OMG!!! seriously dont we have to win one SB first then talk dynasty!!:rolleyes::facepalm:

SLOW down!!

This fanbase has no idea how to handle a little success lmao. We come off 2 bad seasons and now are 4-1 and now we are a dynasty in the making? Hahahaha. This is the typical Dallas fans that get made fun of nationally. I get being excited but tap the brakes. The NFL is the hardest sport to build a dynasty. Unless you have Tom Brady, it isn't happening. Even Brees and Rodgers, two very good QBs, never built a dynasty. Remember after both of them won their first rings back to back seasons, the talk was how long they would dominate the league. Neither of them never even got back to the Super Bowl even one single team. This isn't the MLB or NBA where you can build a team for a decade because it's so easier to keep your core together for so long and it isn't as violent of a sport.

Think back to 2007, we thought we were building something special. Romo's first year as a starter. Won 12 or 13 games. #1 seed. That loss to the Giants hurt bad but we thought we had a core that we could build for and we would definitely be back soon. Nope. Not even close. We had a few good years in the next seasons but never put it together.

Fast forward to 2016, which was almost the same as 2007. Dak's first year. Thought we were putting together a core that could be at the top of the NFC for years. And yet again, nope.

Fans just need to enjoy these games week to week. We are finally able to beat teams with authority and have fun doing it. And I have fun watching. Don't worry about years down the line 6 weeks into this season.

blueblood70

Reaction score
This fanbase has no idea how to handle a little success lmao. We come off 2 bad seasons and now are 4-1 and now we are a dynasty in the making? Hahahaha. This is the typical Dallas fans that get made fun of nationally. I get being excited but tap the brakes. The NFL is the hardest sport to build a dynasty. Unless you have Tom Brady, it isn't happening. Even Brees and Rodgers, two very good QBs, never built a dynasty. Remember after both of them won their first rings back to back seasons, the talk was how long they would dominate the league. Neither of them never even got back to the Super Bowl even one single team. This isn't the MLB or NBA where you can build a team for a decade because it's so easier to keep your core together for so long and it isn't as violent of a sport.

Think back to 2007, we thought we were building something special. Romo's first year as a starter. Won 12 or 13 games. #1 seed. That loss to the Giants hurt bad but we thought we had a core that we could build for and we would definitely be back soon. Nope. Not even close. We had a few good years in the next seasons but never put it together.

Fast forward to 2016, which was almost the same as 2007. Dak's first year. Thought we were putting together a core that could be at the top of the NFC for years. And yet again, nope.

Fans just need to enjoy these games week to week. We are finally able to beat teams with authority and have fun doing it. And I have fun watching. Don't worry about years down the line 6 weeks into this season.
right, going to be a lot of suicide watches if this teams ends up missing the playoffs lol

lofty expectations tend to fall hard..

im just enjoying this week to week and dont have super highs or low lows..just stay the course! whatever will be, will be..just try and enjoy the moment..:thumbup:

lukin2006

Reaction score
How can we take this thread seriously. I mean Gilbert’s is with the Pats? Ben is not a good QB.

likely Gallup is gone after this season.

and let’s first win a SB before we declare a dynasty.

willia451

Reaction score
8sAmYmf.gif

morat1959

Reaction score
LOL...a dynasty? Just 5 games into the 2021 season after winning only 14 games the past 2 seasons and playing only 3 playoff games since 2016??? So now a 4-1 record is a dynasty???? So based on that the Bills, Chargers, Ravens, Cardinals, Rams, Packers, and Bucs are dynasties seeing as how they are 4-1 or better this season. Get off the ledge people.
You can’t make this stuff up. This is exactly why the old man sits in his skybox and laughs every game.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
So, now, lemme see -- last year we went from a record-breaking horrendous year and now this year, things are so good that we'll be a dynasty? H-m-m.
Yes, absolutely . . . that makes so much sense that I'll probably assure all my relatives that the Cowboys aren't record-breaking losers, after all and that they're all full of crap. I'm sure that'll surely make me the most adorable SOB in my entire family! Jeez, why haven't I thought of that before! Great idea! o_O