A harsh truth about Dak Prescott for some of you

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Yes, let's make sure everyone knows that if we don't win the Super Bowl that it's because Dak wasn't good enough. And also, let's make sure we hedge our bet by saying I think we're good enough to win a championship...if we had Brady we'd be favorites

The reality is this defense, despite it's improvement is 23rd in yards allowed per game. If this ranking holds, this would be the lowest ranked defense to win a SB since 2011.

This defense is also 20th in ppg. If this ranking holds, this would also be the lowest ranked defense to win a SB since 2011

Can it happen, sure. Could it all come down to Dak, certainly. But it could very well be this below average defense played below average against a team too good

Redline360

Reaction score
If you saw what I bolded from your statement you’d understand my comment. Take is really good at taking care of the ball. Like really good. So your “QBs could do better turnover wise” comment is laughable. Daks thrown 4 picks this year and lost 3 fumbles. Lol. You make it seem like he’s on a 6 game INT streak like mahomes

He's on par with most of them interception wise for the "elite" quarterbacks besides mahommes however has 6 fumbles which is a tie at the top of the list and tied for second with the most lost. The ones with more int would be horrible teams or quarterbacks

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
well I did too but I would have felt better if they did it sooner and we didn’t get to OT

We got in that situation because our offense would not put the game away. They kept screwing up in the Redzone and McCarthy hung them out to dry with some of his 4th down calls.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yes, let's make sure everyone knows that if we don't win the Super Bowl that it's because Dak wasn't good enough. And also, let's make sure we hedge our bet by saying I think we're good enough to win a championship...if we had Brady we'd be favorites

The reality is this defense, despite it's improvement is 23rd in yards allowed per game. If this ranking holds, this would be the lowest ranked defense to win a SB since 2011.

This defense is also 20th in ppg. If this ranking holds, this would also be the lowest ranked defense to win a SB since 2011

Can it happen, sure. Could it all come down to Dak, certainly. But it could very well be this below average defense played below average against a team too good

You think our defense is below average? Really? Lol

Brax

Reaction score
Like Ronnie correctly added earlier. This is about trolling Cowboy fans about Dak. It’s really all these type of fans talk about.

Notice they aren’t trolling other aspects of Cowboys football.
You need to get over your trolling phobia, let the forum do what it’s doing folks enjoying them self’s. Don’t read it and reply like you tell others if it bothers you so much.

phildadon86

Reaction score
He's on par with most of them interception wise for the "elite" quarterbacks besides mahommes however has 6 fumbles which is a tie at the top of the list and tied for second with the most lost. The ones with more int would be horrible teams or quarterbacks
He lost 3 fumbles . 3 of those picks were mistakes by wrs just stop it

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I'm just enjoying good, enjoyable, winning football being played by our team this year instead of losing, miserable football that we are forced to watch for the year and already be talking about the Draft.
I hope this continues.

I also just had serious surgery and am enjoying some pretty good meds right now, so take that how you may.
I pray you are on the mend after this recent surgery. Whatever you had to go thru, you made it. Now just kick back and heal!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You need to get over your trolling phobia, let the forum do what it’s doing folks enjoying them self’s. Don’t read it and reply like you tell others if it bothers you so much.
The forum is full of people trolling Cowboy fans.

What, you don’t believe we have people trolling Cowboy fans in here?

I tell them cause not everybody recognizes it initially. But yea if they continue from there, it’s on them.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

More than half the teams are allowing fewer yards and more than half the teams are allowing fewer points…

Also tied for 28th in sacks, literally the only category where we aren’t ranked in the *20s* is turnovers

Last edited:

wick

Reaction score
If you think Dallas can go to and win a Super Bowl then you can excuse yourself from this thread.

For those of who like to blame our defense, McCarthy, lack of playoff experience or whatever other excuse you can think of then this thread is for you.

If Dallas had Tom Brady right now would you think they could win a Super Bowl? Yep.

Rodgers? Yep.

Do you think the Cardinals have a better roster then us?

The Rams? Maybe they do.

But top to bottom Dallas has at worst the 2nd best roster in the NFC.

All of these “I don’t think we can win a Super Bowl because of our defense” is really you just saying Dak isn’t good enough because this defense is more than good enough. This defense isn’t stopping what some of you call an elite QB from winning anything.

Our defense paired with Tampa’s offense wouldn’t make anyone doubt Tampa, Arizona, GB, Or LA’s odds of winning a Super Bowl but right here on our own forum I see it used as an excuse all of the time but the reality is you don’t believe Dak can beat a guy like Rodgers even with a much better team than his.

I do believe this team can win a championship. I do think Dallas and LA have the best top to bottom NFC rosters and unlike a lot of you already making excuses I do think this version of Dak is more than enough.

Our fans keep turning over every rock to find everything that’s not perfect about this team to use as a future excuse while outside of this fan base everyone is envious because of how talent loaded we are.

Great story. Compelling and rich.

CWR

Reaction score
If you think Dallas can go to and win a Super Bowl then you can excuse yourself from this thread.

For those of who like to blame our defense, McCarthy, lack of playoff experience or whatever other excuse you can think of then this thread is for you.

If Dallas had Tom Brady right now would you think they could win a Super Bowl? Yep.

Rodgers? Yep.

Do you think the Cardinals have a better roster then us?

The Rams? Maybe they do.

But top to bottom Dallas has at worst the 2nd best roster in the NFC.

All of these “I don’t think we can win a Super Bowl because of our defense” is really you just saying Dak isn’t good enough because this defense is more than good enough. This defense isn’t stopping what some of you call an elite QB from winning anything.

Our defense paired with Tampa’s offense wouldn’t make anyone doubt Tampa, Arizona, GB, Or LA’s odds of winning a Super Bowl but right here on our own forum I see it used as an excuse all of the time but the reality is you don’t believe Dak can beat a guy like Rodgers even with a much better team than his.

I do believe this team can win a championship. I do think Dallas and LA have the best top to bottom NFC rosters and unlike a lot of you already making excuses I do think this version of Dak is more than enough.

Our fans keep turning over every rock to find everything that’s not perfect about this team to use as a future excuse while outside of this fan base everyone is envious because of how talent loaded we are.

Dak is playing at a top 5 level and the defense has been pretty damn good for the most part. They will also get better. A lot of people forget that when Dlaw went down he was AT THE TIME the best player on the defense. He will help a lot.

Anyone that doesn't think we can go all the way this year is a pansy. That doesn't mean it will happen. It means we have about as good of a chance as anyone. Never bet against the filed.

Techsass

Reaction score
I'm just enjoying good, enjoyable, winning football being played by our team this year instead of losing, miserable football that we are forced to watch for the year and already be talking about the Draft.
I hope this continues.

I also just had serious surgery and am enjoying some pretty good meds right now, so take that how you may.
Hope the meds kick the post op's butt.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Yeah..

Me saying Dak is a good solid QB the whole time makes me a hater.

Even though I’ve said millions of times that even elite QBs aren’t worth big contracts.

You guys want me to be a “hater” so bad but the worst you’ve got out of me is Dak is a good solid QB that is carried by his team and he doesn’t carry them.

I stand by my past opinion of him and I stand by my current opinion of him. It’s not like I waited for a ton of proof either. I praised his play starting week 1.
You're a liar. Period.

plasticman

Reaction score
I'm sure there is still a handful of Cowboy fans that doubt whether the Cowboys have a real opportunity to go all the way. I don't know if that's an absolute conviction. It could just be the way the question is asked. Do you doubt the Cowboys can go all the way or are you absolutely convinced there is no way the Cowboys can get to the Super Bowl?

If there is doubt then I don't think there is anything wrong with that. It could just be that they have experienced the seasons where the Cowboys seemed to be contenders only to fall apart in December and January. Any type of obstacle and it's "Here we go again". I don't agree with it but I understand it.

However, if someone is to point blank post that they believe there is absolutely no way the Cowboys can get there then they don't understand football or the history of the NFL.

Just last season Tampa Bay was 7-5 at the end of November. They had lost three of their last four games. You know many Tampa Bay fans had written off their team. Then they swept December. Even then, they were the Wildcard team. These SB champions didn't even win their division.

What about the Giants against a Patriot team led by Brady? That Giants team had no business even being there with a 7-7 record after 14 games. And this was the 2nd time they were massive underdogs!

Now, just to be clear, I am saying the Cowboys certainly have a chance to go and win the Super Bowl. Am I saying they will? Well, I hope so but I'm not a prophet. There are a hundred things outside of football that could prevent it, we all know that. But these Cowboys are a good solid team today and , hopefully, they will continue to get better.

I guarantee you that 99% of the Patriot fans as well as other NFL fans were dead certain, a stone cold lock, that the 2007 undefeated Patriots were going to win the Super Bowl. But that's football.

But to say the Cowboys have no chance? There is no logic to that.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
More than half the teams are allowing fewer yards and more than half the teams are allowing fewer points…

Yeah but there is context to all of that.

We are coasting through these games and not needing to play great defense for 4 quarters.

A game like Philly for example was over early.

Carolina was done by the end of the 3rd.

These stats don’t tell the story and you sure as heck don’t know the story for teams outside of Dallas.

Look at Tampa’s pass defense. It’s terrible.

starfan1

Reaction score
We got in that situation because our offense would not put the game away. They kept screwing up in the Redzone and McCarthy hung them out to dry with some of his 4th down calls.
McCarty didn’t help your right and thee plAy calling at goal line and Conner Williams penalties and the offense overcame a lot

but the defense is average or below at this point, with the exception of turnovers.
that they are damn good at right now and I hope it continues because If it don’t and folks continue to gash us through the air especially we are going to lose a few when the schedule gets tougher

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

They rank 20th in points allowed and worse in yardage, since you obviously need help with your math too. 15th-16th is “average” in a 32 team league. ‘Lol’ at that idiot.

Don’t try to laugh at anyone else when you’re currently the biggest joke in this forum.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
McCarty didn’t help your right and thee plAy calling at goal line and Conner Williams penalties and the offense overcame a lot

but the defense is average or below at this point, with the exception of turnovers.
that they are damn good at right now and I hope it continues because If it don’t and folks continue to gash us through the air especially we are going to lose a few when the schedule gets tougher

Yeah.. I just see all defenses as average to terrible.

Any good offense can get just about whatever they want on a good defense.