A helluva rare, good dude

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
While true, I would hope the team would try to move Tony assuming he still wants to start. I can't imagine that not happening.
It will happen...Dallas owes him that much. Maybe Denver. Let me share a pipe dream. Dak Vs Tony next year in the Big one.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
that is true, but some of it is just good or bad luck.
For example dak throws a pass right to a defender and the guy drops it, that is good luck.
They fail on 3rd down, but a defender commits a stupid foul, they get a 1st down and drive on in for td instead of punting.
again good luck.
in a game like the eagle game or pitt, a little good luck can help a team win.

Not sure about drops being bad luck. Drops are just drops. They happen. And so do penalties. You can call penalties on every play. 8-1 is more than just luck or stupidity (other team). The close games show me a mental and physical fortitude to finish. But hey, not going to argue semantics. You can call it luck, I call it hard work and execution. Like erod said, luck is just preparation meeting opportunity.

Some people have the wherewithal to take advantage of that opportunity, others don't. Carpe Diem!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Amazing how many fans still don't know how to read Jerry.

Jerry is going with his "hot hand" but by no means has made a decision for the rest of the season or thereafter at this point . The season is far from over.

Yes,if the Dak wave continues it's full steam ahead.

The only reason...did I say ONLY reason Romo isn't back in there because he is still the best QB which Jerry has maintained thru this ordeal is because of the winning streak not because he thinks Dak is a greater QB at this time.

You just don't disrupt this chemistry while it's flowing but the first sign of any struggles or a slip like losing our lead in the division will spur a change .

Why would you hesitate to make a change with one of the best QB's in NFL on the bench?

This isn't about seeing if Dak can go further than Romo in his first season or finally ending Romo's career . This is about our best chance to win a championship this year, not next year or the next 10-15 years with Dak.

I'm not even a huge Romo fan like Erod. I've been a critic and very excited about what Dak presents with a very bright future but I never imagined we'd bench Romo when he was ready to return.

I truly believe Dak with the team we've built and will continue building could add more hardware to our trophy case but this year with our defense still going to be suspect in the playoffs and probably coming up down the stretch we're going to need our best QB if he's ready to go.

I like Erod believe it's not officially over for Romo here in Dallas barring of course a championship run by Dak. Even if he doesn't flounder down the stretch an early exit in the playoffs will continue the controversy spurring on a huge competition in camp next year.

And Erod is correct again speculating on Romo's trade value. At least a #1. Romo's worth has been under valued by many of these fans Erod often refers to . I'll give them more of the benefit of the doubt for now as we all are enjoying the wave but they shouldn't forget what's kept this franchise afloat for the last decade . Jerry knows and why it's not over yet in his mind either . But he's not a total fool. He's not going to disrupt going against public opinion at this time.

Nothing Romo said yesterday makes me believe Romo doesn't still think he's the best QB and is ready to hang it up . He's just not going to buck the wave or hot hand. Smart . Like Erod said.. let it play out. As Cowboy fans we should win either way.

Say what you will about Romo and I have over the years but he has propped this team up this era, is one of if not the classiest dude in Cowboy history and I'd lean towards giving him at least one more shot with perhaps the best team we've fielded in close to 10 years to go out on top.

I've often challenged Erods overly zealous support of Romo for the last 10 years but he is definitely more in tune with the situation than many . Well done!! Sorry I ran on so long.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Even if he goes to a team in our division

There's absolutely no way he does. Whether he's traded (unlikely) or released, he won't be in the NFCE. This isn't a Brett Favre deal, Big

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Not sure about drops being bad luck. Drops are just drops. They happen. And so do penalties. You can call penalties on every play. 8-1 is more than just luck or stupidity (other team). The close games show me a mental and physical fortitude to finish. But hey, not going to argue semantics. You can call it luck, I call it hard work and execution. Like erod said, luck is just preparation meeting opportunity.

Some people have the wherewithal to take advantage of that opportunity, others don't. Carpe Diem!
. You can call penalties on every play, true but if the ref calls one of those at right time, is that not luck?
I think you dont believe in luck at all.
The close games show me a mental and physical fortitude to finish...........that is true, I am not arguing that, I have seen that too.
Dak is very focused, and I think he does get rattled at times, but he comes back from it quickly.

I wanted to see this play out with Dak at helm, so I am getting what I wanted.
I was one of the very first to say dak should maybe be the starter, if you look in
QB forum for the QB controversy thread, which is buried, probably on last page.

Reactions: BAT

conner01

Reaction score
If he ends up a June 1 cut, then it'll help the team cap-wise, but also allow him more flexibility on where to play.
I see that as the most likely scenario if they part ways in 2017
Trade him to the jets for their first. They have a defense and could contend with a qb. Throw in our first rnd pick(32) for their first and second and get a pass rushers still have a high second and our second. Get it done Jerry
One can dream lol

plymkr

Reaction score
I think he stays next year as backup.

What are the cap ramifications/scenarios of he stays vs traded or June 1st-ed?

I wouldn't trade him to any decent NFC team and wouldn't trade him period for less than a high second Maybe even only for a first. We know all to well how bad a season can go if we lose our starter.
I hope so, that would be my dream.

plymkr

Reaction score
Why exactly would he want to?
He may know deep in his heart that his body can't last a 16 game season and since he's already put so much into this team it would make sense to see it through. also he knows the playbook inside and out and starting over at another team he would learn a new offense. Romo is rare in the fact that he has only one offensive system his whole career. Starting with a new team and having to learn a new playbook, with knowing his body could fail him for an entire 16 game season, investing so much in this franchise, I could see how he would have an interest in staying. Not saying it's going to happen but I hope it does.

Also wifey may not want to uproot and leave the city for 1-2 seasons at the most. There's family things to think about as well. Wife may want him to retire and he wants to play, a compromise would be playing as a backup. But that's just pure hopeful speculation because I want him to stay. But that's not too unrealistic that wife wouldn't want to uproot the family.

LittleD

Reaction score
They need to make sure they get something for him rather than cut him. If he ends up a free agent, he'd be a prime candidate for the 'Skins. They could let Cousins walk while they develop a new draftee. That would not be pretty.

You're so foolish. Tony will only consider a trade if it's to a team that can make a run. If Jerry would try and trade him to a team
like Cleveland or Jacksonville, Tony would only retire and all his money would come crashing down on the cap next year.
Most likely they will release him as a June 1st cut just like they did DWare. Broaddus said yesterday that two teams are emerging
that would have the greatest interest in Romo and those are Denver and Houston.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
You're so foolish. Blah, blah, blah.

So the first words you ever say to me you call me "foolish". That's pretty funny coming from a guy who names himself "LittleD". :cool: I'm really learning to like the ignore button. Have a nice life.

LittleD

Reaction score
So the first words you ever say to me you call me "foolish". That's pretty funny coming from a guy who names himself "LittleD". :cool: I'm really learning to like the ignore button. Have a nice life.

Please, by all means necessary, keep that ignore button on. Oh, I have had a nice life, 11 grandchildren & beautiful wife.
I will continue to too...