A helluva rare, good dude

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
The greatest QB of all time Tom Brady wouldn't get a 1st round pick. What makes you think Romo would get one? Bradford got one because he is significantly younger than Romo and was a 1st overall pick.

Respectfully, I disagree 1000%, Animosity. Brady at least gets a first and a second.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
What trade value do you think he has. 1st rd or second rd pick?

If he continues to glide in practice, he has a first round value to a contender... the only team he would "let" Jerry trade him to are probably AZ, DEN. Their first round picks are high, so it doesn't sting them so. If Revis wasn't crapping the bed and blaming it "on his old age" we could perchance pull a nice first from the NYJ, as they were, at one point, a premier QB away from contention. There is also a chance of a dark horse contender that comes in to play (Bills - despite Taylor, etc) that Tony approves of, due to his belief he can win with them.

This is, of course, more ascribed motivations from both the front offices of said teams and Romo @Silver Surfer :D

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I am a big Dak fan, but I have noticed that is he really lucky, thru the 9 games he has had luck on his side, so I wonder how it goes
when he doesnt have the good luck?
I know when giants went on their runs, manning was very lucky, and the team was too.
Sometimes luck plays a big part in wins. whether it is bad or good.

I have also seen some really lame passes, mixed in with the really good ones.
There have been a few times where he had nothing on the ball and it has fell way short.

So while I like dak and the winning and want to see it play out, I have seen some flaws that make me think, he could be a 1 season
wonder.
I really dont know, so I would keep tony around till I was sure.
I think the jones boys are sure hence the tony speech, but we still have to see how this plays out.

I know Dak seems to be really good late in the 4th, like he is just waiting for that, then he plays for real, or just gets lucky
I dont know.

It takes a lot of hard work and preparation to be that "lucky". My dad always told me that luck was made, not given.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
It takes a lot of hard work and preparation to be that "lucky". My dad always told me that luck was made, not given.

Your dad was right as rain, Bat. And that's awesome that you bring him up as an adult. I hope my boy recites my sayings when he gets older. My little angel, my son is.

Sorry for the sentimentality, lol... men that love their fathers get to me. Listen to the Ryan's talk about Buddy, it's heartwarming, but I digress.

You're right, Bat, nothing lucky about Dak's performance. As your dad said -- and interpreting it to Dak -- he has made his luck/progress/gains from his own play and nothing else. Be gone naysayers. :)

Reactions: BAT

erod

Reaction score
Your dad was right.

I tell my kids two things:

1. Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity.

2. We are all the products of our own decisions.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
The greatest QB of all time Tom Brady wouldn't get a 1st round pick. What makes you think Romo would get one? Bradford got one because he is significantly younger than Romo and was a 1st overall pick.
And Minnesota was desperate. It doesn't look so good now.

DFWJC

Reaction score
It would be tough, and I'd bet Romo would be the high holy hell out of Dallas that day.
Can't imagine how much he'd help the defense preparing for them too. Put a headset on to the Denver DC and dial in the calls before Linehan...:cool:
Ugh
I'd rather he win in Dallas, not help beat them.
That D is already too good.

And on offense, Demaryius Thomas, Emanuel Sanders, CJ Anderson, Devonte Booker, etc.
yikes

They have two young QBs that they like though, so I really would be surprised if they go with a vet.

superonyx

Reaction score
It's not hard to create underlying turmoil when you make a ton of cash. But Romo wouldn't do that, nor would the team hold him hostage.

Don't write him off. I don't think he's really done here. Just a gut feeling.
I agree with you. Anything less than a super bowl and I expect next training camp to be an open competition for the starting job. I wouldn't ever bet against Romo.

whynot

Reaction score
They have two young QBs that they like though, so I really would be surprised if they go with a vet.

We were ready to let Paxton Lynch sit behind Romo for a few seasons, I don't see why Denver wouldn't be.

I imagine Elway has the accountants working overtime right now.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
that is true, but some of it is just good or bad luck.
For example dak throws a pass right to a defender and the guy drops it, that is good luck.
They fail on 3rd down, but a defender commits a stupid foul, they get a 1st down and drive on in for td instead of punting.
again good luck.
in a game like the eagle game or pitt, a little good luck can help a team win.