CFZ A hornets nest is awaiting Dak after his rehab

JBS

Reaction score
You do understand that Daks cap hit us nowhere near the amounts you are suggesting right? He’s counting 19M against the cap. A far cry from what you are suggesting. Now next season is a different story.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I believe knew they weren't going to pay that $20mil before Dak was extended. They intentionally didn't restructure his contract when hitting many others. I think they had him pegged as soon as they drafted Lamb.

it still makes me laugh that some dont want to realize this...."He will wear #88" said it all about Cooper.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
he looks very average to me.
He's anything but average. Cool under pressure. And drops the ball on a dime.
His problem is his height and weight. He looks about 5'10 and 170lbs.
My concerns for him mimic my concerns for Kyler Murray.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dak is no Romo. Romo could read defenses and get the ball to receivers. Romo just didn't have much of a team. Dak is now hopeless but, is costing us
a mint for the next 2 years.

Lol you guys make up your minds...is a good QB about stats or wining? again Romo and Dak have matching resumes..how is one "A great QB" and the other "Hopeless"..lol

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Dak is no Romo. Romo could read defenses and get the ball to receivers. Romo just didn't have much of a team. Dak is now hopeless but, is costing us
a mint for the next 2 years.
Dak is a little above average. That's it. He's not elite and he's no Romo. But Romo had offensive stars and put up great stats but he always came up short. I always called him a choker and I knew we wouldn't win anything with him as QB. I was hard on him. Harder than I was on Dak because I expected more out of him. The fact is Jerry and Stephen are the problems with this organization. I don't care if we had Tom Brady here. Something would always hold us back. Saying that though Dak stunk yesterday and I'm sick of him. Time to bring in the next QB so we can believe the next hype that Jerry continues to give the fans.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Dak is a little above average. That's it. He's not elite and he's no Romo. But Romo had offensive stars and put up great stats but he always came up short. I always called him a choker and I knew we wouldn't win anything with him as QB. I was hard on him. Harder than I was on Dak because I expected more out of him. The fact is Jerry and Stephen are the problems with this organization. I don't care if we had Tom Brady here. Something would always hold us back. Saying that though Dak stunk yesterday and I'm sick of him. Time to bring in the next QB so we can believe the next hype that Jerry continues to give the fans.

The problem is we need a super franchise quarterback to give us some hope of elevating this team over the ineptitude of its ownership.
We're trying to make Dak the Savior, and he simply isn't that guy.

But it's not just Dak.

I believe if the Cowboys had drafted Justin Jefferson and the Vikings had drafted CeeDee Lamb, we'd be bemoaning the fact that JJ isn't living up to his draft status and ruing that we should have drafted CeeDee, who would be lighting up defensive backs as a Viking.

There's something about this culture that makes good, talented players slack, lose focus play under their potential, etc.

Tank makes one play then hibernates for the rest of the game.

Mr_437

Reaction score
He's gone b/c Jerry didn't feel like he was worth a 20M cap hit. But losing him was not the problem. Not replacing him was the mistake.
He's gone because he didn't take a shot, and Jerry was passed when Coop got sick. Anything else said about why he was traded is cover imho.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The problem is we need a super franchise quarterback to give us some hope of elevating this team over the ineptitude of its ownership.

But it's not just Dak.

I believe if the Cowboys had drafted Justin Jefferson and the Vikings had drafted CeeDee Lamb, we'd be bemoaning the fact that JJ isn't living up to his draft status and ruing that we should have drafted CeeDee, who would be lighting up defensive backs as a Viking.

There's something about this culture that makes good, talented players slack, lose focus play under their potential, etc.

This, look at all the good players who have gone backwards after being here a while...they start off great and then go in reverse.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

But it's not just Dak.

That's what I think. Dak's been here 7 years. This crap has been going on since Jimmy left. I don't know why people think it's going to change with a better QB. We had Romo and couldn't do anything with him. We can compete for a division title and an occasional wild card appearance but we did that with Dak too. Don't know how this team can overcome the organization. We need somebody new to come in here and just tear everything down and rebuild this culture but we both know that's not going to happen.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's not the guy. Send him to IR for the season and then cut him as he's untradable. Draft a new QB in 2023 and ride it out. Otherwise, Dak is here for several more years of this

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He's not the guy. Send him to IR for the season and then cut him as he's untradable. Draft a new QB in 2023 and ride it out. Otherwise, Dak is here for several more years.
Jethro is all in on Dak. Unless someone comes off the bench and wins 11 in a row.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Agreed.

I love Prescott as a person. He seems like a nice guy that has fought through much adversity, heartache and injuries. He gives it his all, every game.

But he needs a stellar supporting cast to win big games. And you just can’t consistently put a pro bowler at every position on the field.

If I were the GM, I’d be preparing a way to get Prescott and Elliott off the books. Elliott is getting older, and Prescott is what he is. I’d be looking to get a smart young head coach next season.

That won’t happen though. We’ll go into next season with a retread from the old boy’s club like Payton or Quinn as HC. Maybe a shiny new WR, because I don’t think Lamb is a #1. And that will be that. Jerry will think his job is done.

What I’m mostly worried about is the insanely competitive Micah Parsons demanding a trade to a winning team. He does not screw around. The FO needs to make keeping him around a major priority.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Does anyone ask why two (2) guys......Dak & Zeke trend downward, when they took the league by surprise. Their play wasn't a one-hit wonder or anamoly. They were still ascending in years 2, 3, and 4.

Since KMoore has assumed OC.....he has become a Coach Killer, a RB killer, and now a QB Killer. Nothing has continued upward around him......nothing.
In KMoore's defense and Dak and Zeke's too.....the OL injuries and lack of depth is surrounding all of this. A decent OL helps something. A bad OL ruins everything.

KMoore should be in Philbin's ear, who should be in JJ's ear, along with McCarthy. There's simple no accountability for anyone, other than players that have gotten pay from their merits and market value. When does the top tier get questioned or held to the carpet? We have another puppet HC, a continually-inexperienced OC, and an OL coach that has trouble evaluating talent.......and a HOF owner only focused on his own limelight.
Few offensive players have risen to stardom under these offensive coaches, heck they've barely gotten better...only one I can think of is Cedric Wilson and I'm not sure the coaches deserve credit.

As a draft n develop type team it's imperative to have coaches that can get the most out of young players, and build them up to their potential.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
He's not the guy. Send him to IR for the season and then cut him as he's untradable. Draft a new QB in 2023 and ride it out. Otherwise, Dak is here for several more years of this

1 question, do you believe in the guy your asking to go get this new QB? there are lists of QB's he has wanted in the draft over the last decade....make sure you find them so you can see what "Ride it out" will look like.