CFZ A hornets nest is awaiting Dak after his rehab

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
How many times did romos defense let him down in big games? How many times did romo have to pass his *** off because the defense was so bad,and he never had the ol dak has had? 2014 was romos best year but his defense still couldn't stop greenbay even with dware.
And how many times did we lose because of a Romo punt? Same results, different QB.

Redline360

Reaction score
Love how people still carry the Romo is a choker thing. Fumbled FG yea no doubt but...

Look at the bigger picture and it's remarkable what he did with the teams he had bar a year or two

Romo picked up and made alot of average players look good. Many left Dallas to go on to do nothing else. He also practically ran his own offense per ex teammates. He got tons of hate for his picks at the end of the game however it's going to happen when you carry trash defenses for the majority of your career.

Romo had what 23 or 24 comeback victories between 2006 - 2015 leading the nfl. Granted this is one of those BS stats imo however he lead ALL quarterbacks in the 4th quarter and overtime passer rating during that span. His cowboys defense from 2010 on gave up more 30+ games besides two other teams. Let's not forget quarterbacks such as Brady, Rivers and etc had more game ending plays then Romo from 2011 on. Romo also had overall good postseason stats. The playoff loss to the giants wasn't on Romo. He should have cruised to an easy win if not for what's his face letting 14 easy points go on a drop ball and stopping short on an easy walk off TD.

In those 8-8 seasons the only reason we come close to .500 is because of Romo. 90% of the quarterbacks would of barely won 4-5 games with those trash teams. If Romo didn't waste his career in Dallas and played for an actual football organization no doubt in my mind he would be a superbowl champion easily

bigE79

Reaction score
AKA Interception.
For all the times he was forced to play catch up,I'm surprised he didn't have more,and don't forget he has some of the best 4th quarter and come from behind wins in history...was he perfect,hell no but I never felt we were out of the game like I do when we get behind now and let's not forget he was an udfa,what he did in his career was pretty awesome,on parr with Kurt Warner,imo, without Warner's offense and defense of course.

erod

Reaction score
Love how people still carry the Romo is a choker thing. Fumbled FG yea no doubt but...

Look at the bigger picture and it's remarkable what he did with the teams he had bar a year or two

Romo picked up and made alot of average players look good. Many left Dallas to go on to do nothing else. He also practically ran his own offense per ex teammates. He got tons of hate for his picks at the end of the game however it's going to happen when you carry trash defenses for the majority of your career.

Romo had what 23 or 24 comeback victories between 2006 - 2015 leading the nfl. Granted this is one of those BS stats imo however he lead ALL quarterbacks in the 4th quarter and overtime passer rating during that span. His cowboys defense from 2010 on gave up more 30+ games besides two other teams. Let's not forget quarterbacks such as Brady, Rivers and etc had more game ending plays then Romo from 2011 on. Romo also had overall good postseason stats. The playoff loss to the giants wasn't on Romo. He should have cruised to an easy win if not for what's his face letting 14 easy points go on a drop ball and stopping short on an easy walk off TD.

In those 8-8 seasons the only reason we come close to .500 is because of Romo. 90% of the quarterbacks would of barely won 4-5 games with those trash teams. If Romo didn't waste his career in Dallas and played for an actual football organization no doubt in my mind he would be a superbowl champion easily
Tony Romo was a brilliant and elite quarterback who carried this franchise.

Jerry tried to cut him, but Parcells said no. Jerry thought Chutch and Henson were the future, but Parcells laughed. If not for Bill Parcells, Romo would have been winning Super Bowls elsewhere.

Romo, like others, had to endure these insufferable hillbilly owners and an even worse fan base.

Is crystal clear now that they blew a golden opportunity with an elite quarterback by worrying about the brand instead of the team.

bigE79

Reaction score

Jerry tried to cut him, but Parcells said no. Jerry thought Chutch and Henson were the future, but Parcells laughed. If not for Bill Parcells, Romo would have been winning Super Bowls elsewhere.

Romo, like others, had to endure these insufferable hillbilly owners and an even worse fan base.

Is crystal clear now that they blew a golden opportunity with an elite quarterback by worrying about the brand instead of the team.
Exactly..like I said in another post,was he perfect, no,but given the circumstances that he was forced to play under,ie,no friggin defense,and for most of his career, playing behind a spotty ol, Romo exceeded all expectations, especially being the udfa that he was.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For all the times he was forced to play catch up,I'm surprised he didn't have more,and don't forget he has some of the best 4th quarter and come from behind wins in history...was he perfect,hell no but I never felt we were out of the game like I do when we get behind now and let's not forget he was an udfa,what he did in his career was pretty awesome,on parr with Kurt Warner,imo, without Warner's offense and defense of course.

Was scoring points ever an issue with Romo?
Nahhhhh, don't think so.
Did we have a passing game with Romo?
Yep, and it was a mean machine!!!
Did we have problems scoring TD in the Red-zone?
Nope.......
Kinda miss having a passing attack........:(

bigE79

Reaction score
Was scoring points ever an issue with Romo?
Nahhhhh, don't think so.
Did we have a passing game with Romo?
Yep, and it was a mean machine!!!
Did we have problems scoring TD in the Red-zone?
Nope.......
Kinda miss having a passing attack........:(
And one thing is for certain,tony was fun to watch,I miss those escapes and dodge's he would put on the Dlinemen,dude was a Jedi.

Big D

Reaction score

I will add to this that as soon as BP left Romo was basically doing the same thing that Dak is doing. I like both qbs. I think romo was a more saavy improviser while dak is more judicious in his decision making. You can win with either , or at least someone like BP could. JJ/ MM and KM cannot.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
He needed to play a few quarters in preseason. Mahomes did. Josh Allen did. Those guys hit the ground running. I'm not a Dak fan, but there were a lot of new guys and kinks in this offense that needed to get ironed out before the Tampa game. It was a huge coaching error to think this would get worked out somehow during the first game of record against Tom Brady and that defense. A lot of good saving Daks health did.

I 100% agree.

Dak is a bus driver. But he needs to warm up the bus before he drives it.

Very simple concept, yet so lost on most fans and the coaching staff and ownership.

Exactly.

"Romo was a murichul."

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Uh . . . yeah, I'm sure the pro bowl committee will have to vote on who's right or wrong here.

:muttley:

LOL..................Dak is winning NO Pro Bowls this year buddy. No argument there.

So sad how Jerry pays all these skill position players, then goes cheap on the Oline. Worst GM in football.

erod

Reaction score
This thread just got a whole lot more interesting. What if this team goes 3-1 or better under Rush by the time Dak returns?

Talk about playing in a cauldron....

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Dak is about to rehab under a daunting, ominous cloud these next two months. I suggest they plan his next start on back-to-back road games to help ease the pounding.

No longer are the blinders on half the Cowboys fandom. We all support him as a good dude who gives it his all, but half of us also haven't believed he was the guy for a very long time, and certainly not worth the elite salary cap space he takes up. That debate has eaten up the majority of the bandwidth on this site for several years.

No more debate. Now, nobody in their right mind still believes he can carry the team in clutch moments against good teams while eating up piles of the cap at the same time. The boos grew louder and longer last night as the game wore on. The end was a broken hand and an ugly image of people throwing things at him as he went in for treatment. C'mon Cowboy fans, be better than that. Sheesh.

I haven't heard it like that in the stadium ever, especially when it was all aimed primarily at a single player. Passes were behind and over the heads of receivers from the second drive on. It got uglier and uglier, especially the double-clutching and unwillingness to throw the ball at times.

Dak still doesn't trust his arm. Clearly.

There he stood, eyes, like saucers on the sidelines, as if he's trapped in a bootloop he can't resolve. Want-to and work ethic can't seem to fix the shortcomings, or his would be fixed. He's truly a first-class guy who gives it all he's got. And this is all he's got.

Now, two-plus seasons that have featured a AC joint sprain, dislocated ankle, lat/shoulder strain, calf strain, broken hand.....they're piling up quicker and earlier than they did with Romo. Romo was the picture of health compared to this guy to this point in their careers.

I wonder what the team thinks. Cooper lost confidence in Dak, and that got him a ticket out of here. Other teams toy with him in the media. He's nobody's darling anymore.

This return will define Dak quickly and forever. He's got to let go of his insecurities and just play. Let it be whatever it is. Turn it loose.

That's his only out of this dark hole and back into Cowboys fans' hearts and minds.
Rush is just better. Smarter, better decisions, more accurate.