A hypothetical Question? lets say Dallas end up with 5 or 6 wins at the end of the year

bodi

Reaction score
my topic WAS A hypothetical Question

NOT sit Dez and Romo?

THAT WAS ADDED BY A MOD

THEN I PUT THE Q TO YOU GUYS

Lets say Dallas end up with 5 or 6 wins

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some of you better get the idea that Romo doesn't have much time left. Period.

Quarterbacks playing at a effective level in their mid thirties are a aberration in the NFL, not the norm.

After all, Tony came into the season in the best condition he'd been in for years.(by his own words) In game one he reinjured his back (not a surprise since his back injury is never going to withstand a good hit in the right spot). Second, his collar bone will now be even weaker than it was before this last break. So, I'm not sure Tony can even finish this season without another injury, holding him out for a year would accomplish nothing.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
When fans start to tank I get worried. :oops: Anyway you can't sit Romo he has a game in February to attend.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Some of you better get the idea that Romo doesn't have much time left. Period.

Quarterbacks playing at a effective level in their mid thirties are a aberration in the NFL, not the norm.

After all, Tony came into the season in the best condition he'd been in for years.(by his own words) In game one he reinjured his back (not a surprise since his back injury is never going to withstand a good hit in the right spot). Second, his collar bone will now be even weaker than it was before this last break. So, I'm not sure Tony can even finish this season without another injury, holding him out for a year would accomplish nothing.

It would perhaps save him for next year. I agree with you though, I don't know how many more years he's got. What's to say he doesn't get hurt again next year?

conner01

Reaction score
this has nothing to do with tanking

tell me this not a possibility - we also lost to WINLESS TEAM SAINTS

so you take a chance on ruining maybe one of the best WR'S career it took J Jones sat out the whole year

or Romo's

just because you want wins this year

When they are cleared to play there is no risk
Tony or dez could go down next year, do we throw that season too
You always play to win until you are out of the playoffs, then it doesn't matter
Right now it's all about beating the giants

bodi

Reaction score
When they are cleared to play there is no risk
Tony or dez could go down next year, do we throw that season too
You always play to win until you are out of the playoffs, then it doesn't matter
Right now it's all about beating the giants

GUESS WHAT I WILL MAKE A PREDICTION

GAINTS WILL BEAT US

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score

so you take a chance on ruining maybe one of the best WR'S career it took J Jones sat out the whole year

or Romo's

This has everything to do with tanking.

Dez and Romo will be 100% healthy at some point this season. If we don't play them when they are 100% healthy, that is called tanking. Pure and simple.

Not playing our starters to get a better draft pick is, well, called tanking.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lets say Dallas end up with 5 or 6 wins

I think Jerry has pretty much laid the ground work

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sports/...-might-be-too-late-to-save-cowboys-season.ece

The 2-3 Cowboys could get Bryant back for their next game, Oct. 25 against the New York Giants. Romo won't return until at least Nov. 22 against the Miami Dolphins.

those are big ifs an buts

like Don Meredith once said, "If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas

myself I would sit them both out for the season let the really heal ESP DEZ

go with Cassell and whom ever at WR

last year teams with

5 wins Chicago picked 7 th
6 wins Atlanta picked 8 th
6 wins Giants picked 9 th
6 win Rams the picked 10

it would put us in the range of getting some good players

I am not condoning this just a hypothetical question

Dallas possible mocks with possible trades - I am no expert on the trades so take this tongue in cheek

plus I do not know how many picks we have to trade

What would you do ?

we got two weeks to discuss this so be civil

pick it apart or help it out some

based on CBS

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2016/all

three scenarios

1 Jared Goff, QB, California - trade up to get him
2 Denontae Book,.RB, Utah
3 Ricky Seals-Jones, WR, Texas A&M or Leonte Carroo, WR, Rutgers
4 Cyrus Jones. CB, Ala
5 Kevin Byrd, S, Middle Tennessee

1 Jalen Ramsey, S/CB, Florida State - Trade up to get him
2 Christian Hackenberg, QB, Penn State - Trade up if needed
3 Kenneth Dixon, RB, Louisiana Tech or Kenyan Drake, RB, Ala
4 Mekale McKay, WR, Cincinati

1 Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State
2 Hunter Henry, TE, Ark or Vonn Bell, S, Ohio St
3 Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State
4 Mekale McKay, WR, Cincinati

If Aliens came to Earth would you voluntarily have relations with them? I ask because it's a more likely scenario than Jerry sitting Dez and Romo if are near 100% healthy. Owner Jerry with his marketing hat on just couldn't do it.

Romo is set to return week 11.

They could have 2 wins and 8 losses at worst case with 6 games remaining. If they just win 1 without Romo, then they theoretically could go 9-7 for the season which is enough some years to get into the playoffs.

Personally, I would consider sitting Romo. It's going to be difficult to ever find a QB unless they get a top 10 pick at some point. Yes, it sometimes happens but generally a top 10 pick is required.

A more realistic question could be if they end up with mid 1st round pick, then are there any QBs worth drafting and should they use a 1st on one if Romo finishes out the season healthy.

bodi

Reaction score
If Aliens came to Earth would you voluntarily have relations with them? I ask because it's a more likely scenario than Jerry sitting Dez and Romo if are near 100% healthy. Owner Jerry with his marketing hat on just couldn't do it.

Romo is set to return week 11.

They could have 2 wins and 8 losses at worst case with 6 games remaining. If they just win 1 without Romo, then they theoretically could go 9-7 for the season which is enough some years to get into the playoffs.

Personally, I would consider sitting Romo. It's going to be difficult to ever find a QB unless they get a top 10 pick at some point. Yes, it sometimes happens but generally a top 10 pick is required.

A more realistic question could be if they end up with mid 1st round pick, then are there any QBs worth drafting and should they use a 1st on one if Romo finishes out the season healthy.

Romo back in week 11 so according to the schedule he might get us 2 wins

GOFF has been compared to Matt Ryan

Hackenberg compared to Aikiman

Wentz is probably a two year project

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
LEARN TO READ

WHERE DID I SAY TANK ?

if romo and dez are kept out, yet deemed healthy. going with back up players who are obviously overmatched. keeping your best players out of the game...that's tanking.

and you said lets have a debate, pick it apart yet somebody saying its a bad idea and you are getting mad.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

or Romo's

HEY!!!

they were not winless when the game was over now were they??? HMMMMM?????

outside that the entire premise is simply butt-nugget-stupid so i'm out.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If the Cowboys have no chance at the playoffs by the time Romo returns then it would be better to shut him down for the rest of the season because if he were to suffer another injury it could affect his 2016 season. It wouldn't make a lot of sense to risk his health and have him possibly sustain a serious injury that could jeopardize not only his 2016 season but his career. in 2010 he was shutdown because the Cowboys season was in toilet and they didn't want to risk him. If he's ready to return by the Miami game and the Cowboys are 2-7 they'll still be alive so you play him. As long as the Cowboys are still mathematically alive you go with Romo if he's healthy and assess his situation once the team is eliminated. If he's taking too many hits you might consider shutting him down at that point because a serious late season injury could affect or shelve his 2016 season.

You have to be smart with Romo he's 35 years old and has suffered injuries the past 2 seasons that have cost him games. The Cowboys aren't going anywhere without him so they have to be smart with him. We all want to see him play but it would be foolish to risk his health in games that have no bering on the Cowboys season. As for Dez if he's 100% healthy I would play him regardless if the Cowboys playoff chances are done you can't just completely bail on the season and start sitting all your best players you still have to put butts in the seats and build for next season. Regardless how a bad a season is you still want to try and finish on a positive note.