A hypothetical Question? lets say Dallas end up with 5 or 6 wins at the end of the year

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Dumbest thread I've seen in a while. Incredibly poorly thought out thread that makes absolutely no sense. Maybe if you put some thought into the thread you wouldn't have so many people jumping on you, but alas, you didn't.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
I like how people hyper critical of the most innocuous decisions are perfectly happy and willing to make the most drastic and poorly thought out decisions at the drop of a hat.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It would perhaps save him for next year. I agree with you though, I don't know how many more years he's got. What's to say he doesn't get hurt again next year?

They are gunning for him now, it's not right, butit just is.....

Wood

Reaction score
lets say Dallas end up with 5 or 6 wins

I think Jerry has pretty much laid the ground work

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sports/...-might-be-too-late-to-save-cowboys-season.ece

The 2-3 Cowboys could get Bryant back for their next game, Oct. 25 against the New York Giants. Romo won't return until at least Nov. 22 against the Miami Dolphins.

those are big ifs an buts

like Don Meredith once said, "If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas

myself I would sit them both out for the season let the really heal ESP DEZ

go with Cassell and whom ever at WR

last year teams with

5 wins Chicago picked 7 th
6 wins Atlanta picked 8 th
6 wins Giants picked 9 th
6 win Rams the picked 10

it would put us in the range of getting some good players

I am not condoning this just a hypothetical question

Dallas possible mocks with possible trades - I am no expert on the trades so take this tongue in cheek

plus I do not know how many picks we have to trade

What would you do ?

we got two weeks to discuss this so be civil

pick it apart or help it out some

based on CBS

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2016/all

three scenarios

1 Jared Goff, QB, California - trade up to get him
2 Denontae Book,.RB, Utah
3 Ricky Seals-Jones, WR, Texas A&M or Leonte Carroo, WR, Rutgers
4 Cyrus Jones. CB, Ala
5 Kevin Byrd, S, Middle Tennessee

1 Jalen Ramsey, S/CB, Florida State - Trade up to get him
2 Christian Hackenberg, QB, Penn State - Trade up if needed
3 Kenneth Dixon, RB, Louisiana Tech or Kenyan Drake, RB, Ala
4 Mekale McKay, WR, Cincinati

1 Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State
2 Hunter Henry, TE, Ark or Vonn Bell, S, Ohio St
3 Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State

Its just way to soon to even start that conversation. It will be very unpopular and fans just don't want to talk about draft after week 5. If Dallas is 2-7 when Romo gets back...it might be better time to bring that up.

cowboys2233

Reaction score

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sports/...-might-be-too-late-to-save-cowboys-season.ece

The 2-3 Cowboys could get Bryant back for their next game, Oct. 25 against the New York Giants. Romo won't return until at least Nov. 22 against the Miami Dolphins.

like Don Meredith once said, "If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas

last year teams with

6 win Rams the picked 10

Dallas possible mocks with possible trades - I am no expert on the trades so take this tongue in cheek

What would you do ?

based on CBS

three scenarios

4 Cyrus Jones. CB, Ala

I thought you meant have them sit out for an extra week or two. But you actually mean for the entire year? I'm done with you.

Spectre

Reaction score
fact is, it's a business. Even if it makes perfect sense, not Bryant or Romo will be sat once healthy- unless it's in preparation for an already secured playoff game. Gotta keep putting on a show/putting a$$e$ in the seats.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
ok so now your their Doctor

gotcha

LOL. Usually when the time tables for recovery are in the neighborhood of 4-8 weeks, that usually means they will be healthy to start playing again sometime during the season.
There are no questions that you were talking about tanking the season for a better draft pick stop trying to deflect that and maybe people will take you seriously at some point.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

last year teams with

6 win Rams the picked 10

What would you do ?

based on CBS

three scenarios

4 Cyrus Jones. CB, Ala

6-10 or 7-9 might win the division.

Don't sit them.

bodi

Reaction score
When a team is riding a 3 game losing streak and has a bye week to assess their situation and make a QB change along with a few other changes and it doesn't improve their situation leading to a 4th straight loss it's going to be hard to rebound from that. The Cowboys confidence is dwindling with every loss and if Cassel can't provide a spark the Cowboys 2015 season is going to be in some serious trouble. Although Seattle hasn't been the team they've been the past 2 seasons they're still a good team that will provide a big hurdle for a struggling Cowboys team that's going to have a tough time beating anyone unless they get a running game and much better play from the QB position. Lynch should be back by the time the Seahawks face the Cowboys and that will certainly be a tough game to win especially if the Cowboys offense continues to be ineffective.

It's going to be very difficult to generate a lot of offense against Seattle's Legion of Doom if the Cowboys can't get a consistent running game going and Cassel or whoever the team has at QB can't make many plays. As for Philly didn't say they've turned the corner but they have played better the last 3 weeks. They've won 2 of their last 3 games and barely lost to a Washington team that's been better than expected. Any team the Cowboys face that has their starting QB is going to be difficult to beat with Romo out. Romo on the sidelines gives every team a great opportunity to beat the Cowboys because he makes the Cowboys go. Without him and a strong running game the Cowboys aren't close to the team they were last season. Even with the defensive players that are coming back there's still going to be issues defensively if the offense continues to be ineffective leaving the defense on the field.

It's still early but the Cowboys are digging themselves a hole and at some point that hole is going to be too deep for them to climb out of. Even when Romo returns it's not going to guarantee wins. He's going to have to work off some rust and if the running game is still not where it needs to be getting back on track won't be easy. The only thing the Cowboys have going for them right now is playing in a division where it may only take 9 wins to win it. However they have to start winning because if they lose to the Giants they'll have to win 7 or their last 10 games to have a realistic chance of making the playoffs.

A guy that under stands real football an does drink the kool aid how refreshing

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
I am confused with the OP .. "if we end up with 5 or 6 wins"

Do you mean at the end of the season? If yes, then why are we at the end of the season and Romo and Dez are not playing?????

Or do you mean before thanksgiving game? if yes, then it means we are 5-4 or 6-3 and in either case is way better than anyone expected we would be by thanksgiving w/o Dez and Romo ..

Really confusing post :huh:

:cool:

kevm3

Reaction score
If it becomes mathematically impossible to get into the play-offs, you sit Romo and Dez and walk away with better draft position. If a playoff spot is still up for grabs, you play them.

The worst thing we could do is go 8 and 8 and miss the play-offs. Mediocre draft position and you're still sitting at home.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
my topic WAS A hypothetical Question

NOT sit Dez and Romo?

THAT WAS ADDED BY A MOD

THEN I PUT THE Q TO YOU GUYS

Lets say Dallas end up with 5 or 6 wins

What kind of hypothetical is this? You're asking if Dez and Romo should sit IF Dallas ends up with 5 or 6 wins? Are you asking about next year? How would anyone know how many wins Dallas would end up with when it would be time for them to play?