CFZ A joyful collapse

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How bad (good) was the eagles collapse? Five weeks ago, they were 10-1.They have gone 1-4 since. Two weeks ago all the eagles needed to do to wrap up the NFC east was get two wins as double-digit favorite against NYG and the cards. They couldn’t do both.They even had a 21-6 lead at home yesterday, only to fall 35-31 to a 3-12 team “with nothing to play for”. Now likely no home playoff games.

How bad was the e-girls defense yesterday? They gave up a whopping 32 1st downs - the 2nd most allowed by any team this season. The cards in 7 possessions had 4 TDs, 2 FGs, and 1 INT. The Cardinals never punted. Hahaha!

Now…for everyone saying the commanders have “nothing to play for”….let the e-girls collapse be a reminder.
Let’s go Cowboys!

Eddie

Reaction score
Eagles won 8 games by single digits ... and several of those game required the ref's assistance.

Eagle HC was so arrogant calling his team fighters and survivors, when in reality the fake wins only masked the rot that was happening within his team. Instead of focusing on the internal issues that were bound to show up, he mocked his opponents and made gestures of false bravado. If nothing else, the law of averages catches up to teams eventually .... the Eagles could easily be an 8-8 team right now or worse.

They're lucky to be the #5 seed.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
There are some fans on this forum who tended to always run to the defense of the Eagles whenever we pointed out how they had weaknesses and issues on their team. Many said they were winning mostly by luck due to other teams committing mistakes like dropping game winning TD passes or stepping out of bounds with a chance to take the lead or take control of the game. Yet there were Eagles defenders who said all that mattered was that the Eagles were winning and still used their 10-1 record as a reason for why they were still a great team or were better than the Cowboys.

And here we are now with the Eagles losing 4 out of their last 5 now that their luck has run out and now that teams aren't giving the game away to them by committing self inflicted mistakes when in position to put the Eagles away in the 2nd half of games. They are still lucky the Giants didn't beat them.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They were winning on smoke and mirrors.

Game over
They were and I think most fans said this last year but they made it to the SB so what can you say? They were having a similar season this year except they just completely collapsed.

I preached all offseason they lost coordinators and a lot of starters on defense and people didn't think they would take a hit?

And then no matter what they do...trading for Byard, signing Leonard, demoting their DC...none of it has worked.

Just a weird season.

And oh yeah Jalen Hurts took a step back.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
How bad (good) was the eagles collapse? Five weeks ago, they were 10-1.They have gone 1-4 since. Two weeks ago all the eagles needed to do to wrap up the NFC east was get two wins as double-digit favorite against NYG and the cards. They couldn’t do both.They even had a 21-6 lead at home yesterday, only to fall 35-31 to a 3-12 team “with nothing to play for”. Now likely no home playoff games.

How bad was the e-girls defense yesterday? They gave up a whopping 32 1st downs - the 2nd most allowed by any team this season. The cards in 7 possessions had 4 TDs, 2 FGs, and 1 INT. The Cardinals never punted. Hahaha!

Now…for everyone saying the commanders have “nothing to play for”….let the e-girls collapse be a reminder.
Let’s go Cowboys!
The removal of the curse is in full effect. I expect great things going forward. :thumbup:

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
Fly, Eagles Fly.
giphy.gif

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They were and I think most fans said this last year but they made it to the SB so what can you say? They were having a similar season this year except they just completely collapsed.

I preached all offseason they lost coordinators and a lot of starters on defense and people didn't think they would take a hit?

And then no matter what they do...trading for Byard, signing Leonard, demoting their DC...none of it has worked.

Just a weird season.

And oh yeah Jalen Hurts took a step back.
Man, I am astounded at how little you know about football.

The 2023 Eagles are nothing like the 2022 team.

Reaction score
They were winning on smoke and mirrors.

Game over
That's us too, lol. Our defensive success relies on turnovers and the offensive success relies on the improvisational skills of Dak while he dodges the free pass rushers.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Man, I am astounded at how little you know about football.

The 2023 Eagles are nothing like the 2022 team.
Yeah....except I didn't say the 2023 team was like the 2022 Eagles team.....actually I said the complete opposite. But as usual....nevermind. Its New Years...not letting the ones who walk on their knuckles and breathe out of their mouth trigger me this year.....