CFZ A joyful collapse

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
How bad (good) was the eagles collapse? Five weeks ago, they were 10-1.They have gone 1-4 since. Two weeks ago all the eagles needed to do to wrap up the NFC east was get two wins as double-digit favorite against NYG and the cards. They couldn’t do both.They even had a 21-6 lead at home yesterday, only to fall 35-31 to a 3-12 team “with nothing to play for”. Now likely no home playoff games.

How bad was the e-girls defense yesterday? They gave up a whopping 32 1st downs - the 2nd most allowed by any team this season. The cards in 7 possessions had 4 TDs, 2 FGs, and 1 INT. The Cardinals never punted. Hahaha!

Now…for everyone saying the commanders have “nothing to play for”….let the e-girls collapse be a reminder.
Let’s go Cowboys!

Mark

Reaction score
Now…for everyone saying the commanders have “nothing to play for”….let the e-girls collapse be a reminder.
Let’s go Cowboys!
Yep, we could easily lose that game. Need to keep eyes on the ball and take care of business in Landover next weekend.

Flamma

Reaction score
They were and I think most fans said this last year but they made it to the SB so what can you say? They were having a similar season this year except they just completely collapsed.

I preached all offseason they lost coordinators and a lot of starters on defense and people didn't think they would take a hit?

And then no matter what they do...trading for Byard, signing Leonard, demoting their DC...none of it has worked.

Just a weird season.

And oh yeah Jalen Hurts took a step back.
They were a dominating team last year. Not this year. This year they were more similar to last year's Vikings.

Jalen Hurts is the same QB, they're just not using him like they did last year. To be effective he needs to be running a heavy dose of RPO. Then pass the ball when teams sell out to stop the run. This year he's throwing a lot more into coverage. That's not his thing. Never was.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We have a lot more talent
And a lot younger.
They were a dominating team last year. Not this year. This year they were more similar to last year's Vikings.

Jalen Hurts is the same QB, they're just not using him like they did last year. To be effective he needs to be running a heavy dose of RPO. Then pass the ball when teams sell out to stop the run. This year he's throwing a lot more into coverage. That's not his thing. Never was.
There was a stretch last year where they struggled with the Commanders, Texans and Colts.

lkelly

Reaction score
I will say that when Andy Reid was the coach, I detested the Eagles but I respected and admired how he went about things. He's a Hall of Famer for sure and for him to find so much success in Kansas City is a nice second act that surely steams the Eagles fans. Chip Kelly was annoying as a pro coach, although as he settles into "pretty good at the college level" I have some respect for his consistent way of doing things even if it doesn't produce championship teams. He'll probably get one more year in Westwood. Pedersen was a decent guy as well and for him to win a Super Bowl with a backup QB (and in hindsight, Wentz was a steaming grenade turd waiting to go off) against Brady was really fun to watch even as a Cowboys fan. They can have their one Lombardi. It was deplorable that they ran him out of town because Howie wanted to play God the final week of the season for the better draft pick. There's a literal statue of the coach and he's kicked to the curb just a few years after delivering their greatest triumph.

But holy crap, Nick Sirianni is, on the surface, so easy to root against. He comes across as smug and arrogant. He's the type of grade A ****** that you see in a sports bar acting like a jackass to anyone within earshot. He's the sort of guy to rag on someone because of their appearance. He's got all sorts of Lane Kiffin without the actual semblance of a witty sense of humor. He fits the perfect persona of that fan base when they win, but as soon as they blow a few games they want him lynched. Maybe if I got to know him I'd feel differently, but that's all I can get from what is presented through the media.

As for Lurie, he seems like one of the best owners based on what he does in the community (specifically his Autism foundation) and he at least has the sense to hire a GM to run things. Whether Howie is "good Howie" by pulling off lopsided trades or signing cheap free agents that work out, or if he's "bad Howie" that makes horrendous first round picks or tries to outsmart himself with big contracts for people like Wentz. Hey, at least he's a GM.

It is delightful watching them fall apart, and I am married to an Eagles fan (along with all her siblings). I've been in their stadium for a Cowboys blowout. I was there in the 700 level when Emmitt was stopped twice on 4th down. I had any number of F Dallas screams in my face. It is what it is.

With all that said, please don't let them get hot and go on an unexpected run in the playoffs. It would be brutal. Dallas looks like a divisional round or MAYBE conference championship loser with luck. Try again next year, but don't let it happen as Philly trots out those smelly dog masks and kelly green bandwagon obnoxiousness.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I try not to revel in anyone else's misery. What is happening to the Eagles is shocking for sure, but I have not exactly been impressed with Dallas the last 3 weeks either. At this point in the season Baltimore is playing the best football and I don't see anyone beating them in the Super Bowl. But teams go up and down so who knows?

In any case, I am concerned with Dallas's lack of production lately, and I am concerned about their defense in big situations. That last drive by the Lions for a TD was just too easy. It has me spooked.
Yeah, doesn't inspire confidence.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
POnx6gS.png

Flamma

Reaction score
And a lot younger.

There was a stretch last year where they struggled with the Commanders, Texans and Colts.
I do remember. I think they are also 3 consecutive games. They should have lost to the Colts. Their kicker missed a FG that would have put them up by two scores and pretty much ending the game. But I don't think that team was a fragile as this one apparently is.

ghst187

Reaction score
Wish Scooter would make a video laughing at the eagles like SAS everytime Dallas loses.

NeverBeGameOver

Reaction score
While I enjoy the collapse, they're still a dangerous team. Still capable of beating us, especially if we don't secure home field over them.

We've got our own problems to worry about going forward.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I dont need a 12 year old to learn me football.

It's how you start, finish and everything else in between a season. 17 games. They all count the same.
The haters beg to disagree with you. They’re not even paying attention until the playoffs. I know you were being your tired sarcastic self and my response was if you were actually serious.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
BBBBut the Eagles have the best front four in football and the best offensive line in football and a QB who is worlds better than Dak. How can they be falling apart like this?
they lost their oc and dc,I think it was the dc that beat them sunday, evidently he wanted to beat his old boss?
Dont forget gannon beat dallas too.
This season Siriani is showing without those other 2 coaches he and the eagles just are not as good as last year.
I been saying it all year coaching matters and coaches cause a lot of the losses that teams have.