CFZ A joyful collapse

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Who posted about them having the worst point diff for a 10-1 team ever? That said so much, they were lucky a.f.. They were fugazzy good :)

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Yeah....except I didn't say the 2023 team was like the 2022 Eagles team.....actually I said the complete opposite. But as usual....nevermind. Its New Years...not letting the ones who walk on their knuckles and breathe out of their mouth trigger me this year.....
every human being breathes out of their mouth

dumbest expression ever

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Their collapse has been a thing of beauty alright. Never did trust Hurts to be your franchise QB, relies on his legs too much, his arm is questionable, and cannot read defenses.....and with their defense going backwards look for them to fire Patricia after the season. I wouldn't sign a long term lease either if i was Sirianni, but he may be safe for another year.

And with all those problems, the Cowboys still come down to winning the last game of the season to win the division. Tells you how this team is going. Need to play better. So don't puff out your chests too much.

Carter

Reaction score
Said it weeks ago. This Eagles Team was the worst 10-1 Team in NFL History. They got this record by sheer luck

DZSierra

Reaction score
Have said it since I first joined this forum...

Don't worry about what others do, worry about what you do.

Goes both ways when the opposing teams are winning OR losing.

That said, given the nature of most fans, will never happen with the fan base LOL

CWR

Reaction score
Eagles won 8 games by single digits ... and several of those game required the ref's assistance.

Eagle HC was so arrogant calling his team fighters and survivors, when in reality the fake wins only masked the rot that was happening within his team. Instead of focusing on the internal issues that were bound to show up, he mocked his opponents and made gestures of false bravado. If nothing else, the law of averages catches up to teams eventually .... the Eagles could easily be an 8-8 team right now or worse.

They're lucky to be the #5 seed.
We were talking about it at work, when the Eagles were winning. They were the luckiest damn team in the league. They caught breaks from officiating and the ball just bounced their way. It happened over and over again. What we've witnessed in recent weeks is a lot more about who they actually are. Yes they ha e collapsed and it had made them exaggeratedly bad, but they weren't that good to begin with. Look at our first game. Only good fortune makes a fumble bounce back into your lap THREE times in ONE game.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
They were winning on smoke and mirrors.

Game over
And this goes back to last year. For one, they had maybe the easiest run to a Super Bowl I've ever seen. Yes, getting the 1 seed allows you the easiest path but it goes beyond that. They got a Giants team who played way above their heads to end the season and shocked the Vikings. Getting Daniel Jones at home should be an automatic win and it was for the Eagles. Fast forward the next week and Purdy goes down, leaving the Niners with no one at all with any chance to score any points all game. They were so desperate, they even tried to get Purdy back in there. Eagles got 2 gimme wins.

And when it was time for Hurts and the defense to deliver against a team that would hit them back in KC, they folded. They hide behind that late penalty to set KC up for the game winning FG but their defense was garbage all 2nd half. Not to mention Hurts fumble for a scoop and score. Hurts was pretty meh that 2nd half overall.

I feel Hurts is like Kaepernick. Remember, when he first hit the league, he was all the talk and how long he would dominate. Went to a Super Bowl and lost like Hurts. He did follow it up next year with an almost second straight appearance but after that season, the wheels came off. Hurts as a pure passer isn't that great. He is slowly coming back to the median like Kaepernick did.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
We were talking about it at work, when the Eagles were winning. They were the luckiest damn team in the league. They caught breaks from officiating and the ball just bounced their way. It happened over and over again. What we've witnessed in recent weeks is a lot more about who they actually are. Yes they ha e collapsed and it had made them exaggeratedly bad, but they weren't that good to begin with. Look at our first game. Only good fortune makes a fumble bounce back into your lap THREE times in ONE game.
Yep. In any sport, when you are winning every single close game, that won't last forever and it usually evens out over time. I remember the Texas Rangers doing this in 2016. Had an outrageously good record in 1 run games. This inflated their record a bit and made them look much better than they were. In our first game against Philly, they put the ball on the ground 4 times and recovered them all. That isn't any sort of skill you can depend on. It's the luck of the bounce. KC WR's dropping easy TDs. Getting the benefit of the refs constantly and allowing Philly OL to hold to set edges and protect Hurts but other teams get it called against them. Their defense is allowed to hold and mug WRs yet other teams get it called against them. That has been going on since last year.

Once any of that starts to even out, you see the wheels fall off.

This collapse by them is pretty remarkable. They are now finding every way to lose. Allowing Seattle's backup to drive 90 yards for a win. Allowing the Cardinals to drive for a win at the end.

The curtain started to get pulled back when they got destroyed back to back weeks against SF and then us.

Reactions: CWR