a little news

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Congrats pittdawg. You have every right to be a very proud father. It's tough raising kids these days and you and he are doing just fine. Great job. We're looking for great things from this very large young man.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Tell your son that THUMPER predicted, right after the draft, that he would be our starting RT before the season was over. I'm sticking with that prediction and look forward to seeing him a Cowboys uniform for many years to come.

From the highlights I saw of him, he has excellent footwork and outstanding balance, two key attributes a good OT must have. Add in his natural size and strength and he could be a monster for us at RT, very much in the mold of Erik Williams, he just needs to stay motivated and not get complacent.

From all I have seen and read about Rob he is a great kid and a good person, a tribute to your parenting of him. I am sure he will wear the Star with honor.

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
Thanks for the update & look forward to your son maulin the opposition!!!

HardHittin'Witten

This ain't Madden
Reaction score
thanks for the update. I am really pulling for Rob to start for us. I remember on draft when we got him, my friends and I said, "Nice pick, this guy is going to be a force on the O-Line."

CanadaBoys

Reaction score
It's a VERY difficult transition from LT to RT because after so many years of doing things one way you have to reverse the whole thing.... Imagine golfing right for 10 years, on the PGA tour of all places, and then trying to turn around and golf left all of a sudden. Maybe that's a bit more extreme, but still very difficult.

Still, I sincerely hope Rob makes a smooth transition and wins that RT job right away. Lord knows there is a QB back there who needs someone he can depend on at RT.

congrats.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it is safe to say that Rob has the support of everyone in here. I still think we stole him in the draft.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Congrats.

I am really pulling for this young man. He just looks like he could be a mauler in the run game....and how sweet would it be to finally hit (since it has been so long) on a lower draft pick.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I didn't realize that Rob Petitti's father had decided to come out and tell us who he was. Welcome Mr. Petitti, and hopefully some of the arm-chair QB knuckleheads around here will go easy on your boy and realize he is getting used to a new position and the NFL speed and talent. I occasionally read a Commanders forum that used to welcome Patrick Ramsey's brother, but he disappeared after the QB controversy last year, probably because he was sick of reading some of the negative stuff they wrote over there. All I can say is the Cowboys are dying for a right tackle, ever since Eric Williams, and I hope your boy is the one who finally gives Dallas longevity at the position. Go Rob!

pittdawg

Proud Father
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
I didn't realize that Rob Petitti's father had decided to come out and tell us who he was. Welcome Mr. Petitti, and hopefully some of the arm-chair QB knuckleheads around here will go easy on your boy and realize he is getting used to a new position and the NFL speed and talent. I occasionally read a Commanders forum that used to welcome Patrick Ramsey's brother, but he disappeared after the QB controversy last year, probably because he was sick of reading some of the negative stuff they wrote over there. All I can say is the Cowboys are dying for a right tackle, ever since Eric Williams, and I hope your boy is the one who finally gives Dallas longevity at the position. Go Rob!

first off, thanks to all for all the good wishes.

secondly, i personally am pleased to experience the enthusiasm and support that all have on this board for the Cowboys. as a dad, i couldn't be prouder of my son for what he has accomplished as a football player and a person. with all that said, i also realize that it is now time to play football and let their actions speak for themselves.

i'm anxious as a players dad and a new Cowboy fan. wishing the team the best and thanks again.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
i still ain't over the depth of talent and potential in this years dallas draft crop. top-to-bottom, it rocks. it's gonna be so much fun following the new kids - rob petitti included.

best wishes for the upcoming season, Pittdawg. it's safe to say we're all pulling for rob's success. boy howdy, we are.