a little news

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
Pittdawg--What did y'uns (some Pittsburgh talk) feed that kid in his college days? He's huge (in a good way)!! Lots of calzones & funnel cakes I think.

I still love one draft magazine's description of Rob--"it takes a $20 cab ride to get around him." Just what the team needs.

We're excited for him & for you for this upcoming season.

Chrissyboy

Reaction score
As always we wish every right tackle with the club the very best of luck - and hope they become super heroes! I think we all agree that as Pitt has made himself known to the board, we all reserve special consideration for Rob.

Will you be making it down to TC this summer?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
thanks for your report on your son, i have watched film of him playing, and got some info on him, dont mind telling you, as i am sure your very proud of your son, that i was drooling over him, we may have another erik williams in our midst or a young jumbo elliot. Hope he has been working out, keeping in shape for the long grind during the season. Maybe you can tell us a little more about him, reports are that he is 6-6, 345 or so, maybe a little slimmer now after losing a little weight when Coach Parcells told him too. Also reports were that he ran the 40 in about 5.26. Is that correct, or what? Also, how about his bench press? Cant wait to see him in action, i realize it will take him time to adjust from left side to right side, but wish all the best for him, joe

xpistofer

Reaction score
We sure appreciate your contributions to this board, and we wish Rob the very best!

pittdawg

Proud Father
Reaction score
cowboyjoe said:
thanks for your report on your son, i have watched film of him playing, and got some info on him, dont mind telling you, as i am sure your very proud of your son, that i was drooling over him, we may have another erik williams in our midst or a young jumbo elliot. Hope he has been working out, keeping in shape for the long grind during the season. Maybe you can tell us a little more about him, reports are that he is 6-6, 345 or so, maybe a little slimmer now after losing a little weight when Coach Parcells told him too. Also reports were that he ran the 40 in about 5.26. Is that correct, or what? Also, how about his bench press? Cant wait to see him in action, i realize it will take him time to adjust from left side to right side, but wish all the best for him, joe

i think rob is 6-5 7/8. his weight is under 330 lbs, with a goal of 325. don't know exact bench, but it's over 400 lbs.

rob ran a 5.2/5.3 at Pitt, but has not been timed since his turf toe injury at the senior bowl. he is 100% now and i would like to see what he can run.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
pittdawg said:
i think rob is 6-5 7/8. his weight is under 330 lbs, with a goal of 325. don't know exact bench, but it's over 400 lbs.

rob ran a 5.2/5.3 at Pitt, but has not been timed since his turf toe injury at the senior bowl. he is 100% now and i would like to see what he can run.
Geebus, what did you feed him as kid? :D

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
I was very pleased to see your son drafted.We have been needing fresh, young and talented players like him to continue having a dominant O-line.Tell your son to work hard,honor the star,and we'll be in his corner no matter what.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
pittdawg said:

Hope we get to see you post here for many years to come.

Thanks...

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
great, thanks rob's dad, with that kind of size, strength, quickness he should if wanting too, excel, be all pro, glad he is over his turf toe. only thing i can tell u, get him to get all guidance he can from Larry Allen, and marco rivera.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, and congrats! Everybody here is rooting hard for him!!

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Are there any Petitti jerseys for sale yet?

If not wonder who we have to email to request them.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
BTW, PittDawg, I hope he gets you a new car after a big contract(probably 2-3 years away) because lord knows it had to be expensiuve buying all those clothes and meals. :)

jbz64

Reaction score
pittdawg said:

PittDawg,

What professional team did you two follow? If it wasn't the Cowboys how does it feel to root for the Cowboys now?

pittdawg

Proud Father
Reaction score
jbz64 said:
PittDawg,

What professional team did you two follow? If it wasn't the Cowboys how does it feel to root for the Cowboys now?

our whole family has been Giant fans, but no longer will they be first unless a giant victory helps the Cowboys. we are now big Dallas fans as well as many close friends and relatives. i find it really amazing just how many Cowboy fans are up here in the nj/ny metro area.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
pittdawg said:
our whole family has been Giant fans, but no longer will they be first unless a giant victory helps the Cowboys. we are now big Dallas fans as well as many close friends and relatives. i find it really amazing just how many Cowboy fans are up here in the nj/ny metro area.
We are everywhere. You either love the Cowboys or hate them. :star:

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
pittdawg said:

don't forget we are "America's Team" we are all over the U.S.A, you can't go into any state without finding at least 1 cowboy fan, :D:D, but welcome to the greatest Dynasty,(dang homer talk:D:D)

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
pittdawg said:

Grew up in Ct - son of a Giant fan born in New York. Many a game I've seen at the Meadowlands. Huge lifelong Dallas fan stuck here in metro Boston. Big East Fan who knows first hand the talent that Rob has. I was pushing to draft him as far back as last fall in the Draft forum. When healthy and acclimated - I see a bright future!