A little regret on Taco cut?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Sometimes getting cut motivates a player to play harder too

And it may be only a short term motivation, who's to say he'll continue to get 0.75 sacks a game? AFC teams will study his game film and make adjustments accordingly. Have to see more games before I could conclude he's better than what he showed in Dallas...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Sometimes people just need a new environment to thrive. Whose to say with the scheme, the playing time, and/or his responsibilities here, he would've produced the same?

Right, he was in Dallas for over two years, why would anyone think if he'd stayed he'd "blossomed"? Depth is fine, but the Cowboys have Hyder also, it's not like there's no other DEs available you can get for depth....

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm laughing at the comments in this thread, and all the folks saying Taco got cut too soon and that the team made a bad decision. After last season, the most positive thing anyone seemed to say was that he may improve with some time and experience, but it was much more common for people to call him a bust and say he should be cut.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
He probably has much more playing time in Miami since their talent level is a step down. So naturally, more opportunity for sacks.
You still have to possess the ability to do it when given the opportunity.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Taco wasn’t cut last season, so it really has nothing to do with the topic of discussion.

I said he was never going to produce here with Gregory in front of him (last season) and Quinn this season.

You quoted me so if you wanted to discuss the topic then you should've quoted the OP.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I said he was never going to produce here with Gregory in front of him (last season) and Quinn this season.

You quoted me so if you wanted to discuss the topic then you should've quoted the OP.
You kept saying you were talking about last season, but you mentioned Quinn in the same sentence. You said there was no room for Taco on the team with Gregory ahead of him and with Quinn on the roster. Well, which is it? If you’re still talking about last year, Quinn was in Miami. If you’re talking about this season, Gregory is busy rolling one. If they thought cutting him was the right move, that’s fine, but it wasn’t because there was no room for him due to Gregory and Quinn.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You kept saying you were talking about last season, but you mentioned Quinn in the same sentence. You said there was no room for Taco on the team with Gregory ahead of him and with Quinn on the roster. Well, which is it? If you’re still talking about last year, Quinn was in Miami. If you’re talking about this season, Gregory is busy rolling one. If they thought cutting him was the right move, that’s fine, but it wasn’t because there was no room for him due to Gregory and Quinn.

lol it's not some conspiracy ok.

Gregory played ahead of him last season.

Quinn played ahead of him this season.

Do you really think i'm the one Cowboy fan that didn't know Randy Gregory was on the team or could it just be a simple misunderstanding of what I said and how you comprehended it.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score

Do you really think i'm the one Cowboy fan that didn't know Randy Gregory was on the team or could it just be a simple misunderstanding of what I said and how you comprehended it.
You need more than two DEs. Lawerence and Quinn are the starters. There was room for Taco IF the staff thought he was better than the other DEs on the roster. IF they considered Gregory in any way to make the decision, they’re dumber than I thought.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score

FYI, I was simply saying Gregory should not be considered in any decisions made regarding personnel.

JayFord

Reaction score
He needed a change of scenery

he just didnt belong in Dallas from Day 1

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
No. He had a sack and 4 tackles. Besides that he was invisible the entire game. He leaves Dallas and he gets elevated to some monster DE.
No one is claiming that. What he is, and was, is an able-bodied rotational piece that they spent a 1st round pick and 3 years development on, to then dump - for absolutely nothing- at the first sign that that investment started showing dividends.

You somehow act like a sack and 4 tackles is nothing?? Newsflash, that's a great game by our DL standards.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
No one is claiming that. What he is, and was, is an able-bodied rotational piece that they spent a 1st round pick and 3 years development on, to then dump - for absolutely nothing- at the first sign that that investment started showing dividends.

You somehow act like a sack and 4 tackles is nothing?? Newsflash, that's a great game by our DL standards.
Well get your Taco jersey back out homeslice! HOFer!

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
Right, he was in Dallas for over two years, why would anyone think if he'd stayed he'd "blossomed"? Depth is fine, but the Cowboys have Hyder also, it's not like there's no other DEs available you can get for depth....
I don't know, maybe because of his preseason play?

Blossom is a strong word, but he is clearly better than Hyder and Armstrong, and that was obvious in preseason.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
no his attitude was bad, I like what I see with Armstrong and Hyders development. plus Quinn has been beast, we dont and wil not miss Taco..only regret is if somehow he ends up in the HOF..lol

they will be fine in replacing that soft veggy taco..