A look At 3 Realistic Free Safeties

Bizwah

Reaction score
Great to see other Golfers on this board! I wish I could play well....You know, they always say your worst day of golf is your next one.

I like the idea of drafting a safety. But I don't like the idea of spending our first pick on one, or trading UP to get one........

I tend to prefer safeties that are instinctive. They don't have to have blistering forty times to excell.

For that reason, I wouldn't mind drafting Slay later in the draft. He's a playmaker....that's what you want your safety to be.

I also like Bullocks......

jbsg02

Reaction score
Derinyar said:
Your right, it might not be a bad idea. It would be a bad idea. There goes 2 picks this year for a saftey. OR even worse 1st this year and 1st next year.

You actually think it would take next year's first to move up from 18 to 13? thats insane

Derinyar

Reaction score
jbsg02 said:
You actually think it would take next year's first to move up from 18 to 13? thats insane
I think theres a chance thats what gets asked for. AT least we would be down 1 pick in the top three rounds. Huff may very well be a good saftey, but I wouldn't give up a 1st and a 2nd or a 1st and a 1st to get him. Realize that when teams look at trading this years second isn't valued that much less than next years 1st.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much about all of that . Dallas will NOT trade up to pick up a FS . Especially in a draft that is deep in the position . I love Huff and think he will be a great player , but I'd never dream of moving up for him . Besides , he is destine to become a Ram . St. Louis loves him . The question is what will Dallas do if Jimmy Williams falls in their lap . Many draft boards grade him out above Huff , but he's a FS/CB tweener and it's making his stock fall .

Speaking of Texas defensive backs , one guy to keep an eye on is Cedric Griffin . Like Huff , he has experience at both CB and FS . He actually lined up at the FS spot for most of the Senior Bowl , and even got an Int. from that position . He's a 2nd round type guy that would provide not only a cover safety , but nice insurance should Dallas lose a CB .

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
JIMMYBUFFETT said:
I wouldn't worry too much about all of that . Dallas will NOT trade up to pick up a FS . Especially in a draft that is deep in the position . I love Huff and think he will be a great player , but I'd never dream of moving up for him . Besides , he is destine to become a Ram . St. Louis loves him . The question is what will Dallas do if Jimmy Williams falls in their lap . Many draft boards grade him out above Huff , but he's a FS/CB tweener and it's making his stock fall .

Speaking of Texas defensive backs , one guy to keep an eye on is Cedric Griffin . Like Huff , he has experience at both CB and FS . He actually lined up at the FS spot for most of the Senior Bowl , and even got an Int. from that position . He's a 2nd round type guy that would provide not only a cover safety , but nice insurance should Dallas lose a CB .
I would draft Jimmy Williams if he fell to us, and I wouldn't need the entire 10 minutes to think about it.

The guy is fast, big, and can cover anyone on the field. He could play safety, and come up and play the slot receiver while RW blitzes his happy arse off.

If a corner went down, or we have problems with a big receiver, he could move over and cover him/ no problem. With his size, he would be a complete intimidator. Just like when earlier in Larry Allens career when he moved from Guard (probowl guard) and made the pro-bowl at tackle.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Zemaities. I like him as a FS and I think he could probably be had in a later round.