**A MUST READ**I'm disappointed in some people here.

Way 'nuff

Reaction score
I haven't been around this board long, but I must say I've liked it. There are some great people on here. For the most part, the banter has been good.

Yeah, I'm a Skins fan, yeah, this isn't my house, but ever since this TO stuff broke, I can't help but notice what has come over some people on this board.

Don't confuse this with another TO thread because in my mind, this subject transcends him. This isn't a Skins fan talking to Cowboys fans...this is a football fan talking to other football fans.

I think most football fans can relate to each other in the sense that, most likely, you watched your favorite team when you were little all the way up until now, never wavering through the good times and the bad. I tip my hat to you Cowboys fans who stuck through the hard times when you were 1-15 (and yes, I KNOW who that one win came against...). As a Skins fan, up until this past year, the previous decade or so has been really lean, but I digress.

You probably grew up rushing home from church, sitting on the couch with your dad while he taught you about the game. You probably had a favorite player, collected all his football cards, tried to get his autograph whenever you could, always looked at his name in the box score, had all his stats memorized and cheered him on through the hard times as well. Even though you've grown up and that player is well on in age, you still see old pictures of him and get chills. He's still your hero, and deep down you're a little kid. Because after all this is a game, right? And games are for kids.

You probably sit on this site when you should be doing things that are more meaningful or more productive (like your job) and debate things ad nauseum. You've got jerseys, hats, sweatpants, sweatshirts, pictures, mugs, pint glasses, EVERYTHING with your teams logo on it, you have it. Your family members and loved ones try to understand and some of them don't get it and never will. But thats their problem, not yours.

In the offseason you devour every little tidbit of info you can get your hands on because if you're like me, you like other sports but nothing quenches your thirst like the NFL does. You analyze to death the FA moves you make, the draft picks you get, the coaches that come aboard...you go to the training camps, watch preseason games like you're a crackhead fiending for a hit all awaiting for the crescendo that is the kickoff on that first Sunday in September.

And some of you are going to throw all of that away because your team just signed a player you hate?

Listen, I'm not trying to tell people here what to do. Odds are that my rant here will just be glossed over and won't be taken seriously. People are going to do whatever they want regardless of what some dumb*** Commander fan is posting on a Cowboy message board.

All I'm saying is, to those who are seriously intending to ditch their allegiance to the Cowboys, think about all that you've invested in over the span of your life as a fan of the Cowboys. And you're really going to let Terrell Owens ruin the Cowboy Fan Experience for you?

Because, in the end, Terrell Owens will make his millions, come and go, but you'll still be a fan. And when you're a fan, you're bigger than Terrell Owens.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
I like this post. If I have any consolation, it is that Mike Modano is only 20 goals away from being the best AMERICAN hockey player of all time. He is a person that loves and respects Dallas, and if TO is pulling his usual BS, I atleast have Mike to cheer for.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Way 'nuff said:
I haven't been around this board long, but I must say I've liked it. There are some great people on here. For the most part, the banter has been good.

Yeah, I'm a Skins fan, yeah, this isn't my house, but ever since this TO stuff broke, I can't help but notice what has come over some people on this board.

Don't confuse this with another TO thread because in my mind, this subject transcends him. This isn't a Skins fan talking to Cowboys fans...this is a football fan talking to other football fans.

I think most football fans can relate to each other in the sense that, most likely, you watched your favorite team when you were little all the way up until now, never wavering through the good times and the bad. I tip my hat to you Cowboys fans who stuck through the hard times when you were 1-15 (and yes, I KNOW who that one win came against...). As a Skins fan, up until this past year, the previous decade or so has been really lean, but I digress.

You probably grew up rushing home from church, sitting on the couch with your dad while he taught you about the game. You probably had a favorite player, collected all his football cards, tried to get his autograph whenever you could, always looked at his name in the box score, had all his stats memorized and cheered him on through the hard times as well. Even though you've grown up and that player is well on in age, you still see old pictures of him and get chills. He's still your hero, and deep down you're a little kid. Because after all this is a game, right? And games are for kids.

You probably sit on this site when you should be doing things that are more meaningful or more productive (like your job) and debate things ad nauseum. You've got jerseys, hats, sweatpants, sweatshirts, pictures, mugs, pint glasses, EVERYTHING with your teams logo on it, you have it. Your family members and loved ones try to understand and some of them don't get it and never will. But thats their problem, not yours.

In the offseason you devour every little tidbit of info you can get your hands on because if you're like me, you like other sports but nothing quenches your thirst like the NFL does. You analyze to death the FA moves you make, the draft picks you get, the coaches that come aboard...you go to the training camps, watch preseason games like you're a crackhead fiending for a hit all awaiting for the crescendo that is the kickoff on that first Sunday in September.

And some of you are going to throw all of that away because your team just signed a player you hate?

Listen, I'm not trying to tell people here what to do. Odds are that my rant here will just be glossed over and won't be taken seriously. People are going to do whatever they want regardless of what some ******* Commander fan is posting on a Cowboy message board.

All I'm saying is, to those who are seriously intending to ditch their allegiance to the Cowboys, think about all that you've invested in over the span of your life as a fan of the Cowboys. And you're really going to let Terrell Owens ruin the Cowboy Fan Experience for you?

Because, in the end, Terrell Owens will make his millions, come and go, but you'll still be a fan. And when you're a fan, you're bigger than Terrell Owens.
that very well may have been the very best thing I've ever read on this forum.. thank you man.. that was good..

:bravo:

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
Damn. That post was impressive.

Some of you Skins fans aren't all that dumb... LOL...

And some of you are good guys, hard as that is to believe...

Way 'nuff

Reaction score
EMMITTnROY said:
that very well may have been the very best thing I've ever read on this forum.. thank you man.. that was good..

:bravo:

Thanks bro. I just had to get it off my chest. People shouldn't let TO ruin anything as good as being a football fan for them.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Way 'nuff said:

Listen, I'm not trying to tell people here what to do. Odds are that my rant here will just be glossed over and won't be taken seriously. People are going to do whatever they want regardless of what some ******* Commander fan is posting on a Cowboy message board.

:bow: :bow:

Thanks for putting in type what most of us were thinking

HardHittin'Witten

This ain't Madden
Reaction score
that was a hell of a post. It's funny how a fan with a different perspective can see it, but there are those who are so "die-hard" that they become blind from it.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
silverbear said:
Some of you Skins fans aren't all that dumb... LOL...

And some of you are good guys, hard as that is to believe...

In Commanders nation, everything is optimistic at this point.
Cowboys may have possibly stumbled on to something that everyone else has been trying to avoid. It will be interesting to watch it all unfold.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
In Commanders nation, everything is optimistic at this point.
Cowboys may have possibly stumbled on to something that everyone else has been trying to avoid. It will be interesting to watch it all unfold.

It's not optimistic, we signed the best WR talant in the league, Fabinni and Hannam today.

We didn't stumble onto anything, we went out and grabbed our playmaking gamebreaker that we talked of signing.

It will be interesting, because it will be a clean productive season with or without TO. Sit back, hide and watch as it unfolds into a suit fit to wear to the big dance.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's easy to say you're leaving during the off-season .. would be interesting to keep up with everyone who says they're done and how many of them return when the Cowboys start winning games.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
SilverStarCowboy said:
It's not optimistic, we signed the best WR talant in the league, Fabinni and Hannam today.

We didn't stumble onto anything, we went out and grabbed our playmaking gamebreaker that we talked of signing.

It will be interesting, because it will be a clean productive season with or without TO. Sit back, hide and watch as it unfolds into a suit fit to wear to the big dance.

I am going to give you this tidbit, which as a Cowboys fan you should know: Bring a gun to a gun fight.

Do you want to discuss potential upside of FA signings with a Commanders fan ? I doubt it.

You grabbed a player that is one of the best WRs in the game, yet not one team was willing to make a trade for him to keep him off the market. Think about that for a second. Not one stinking team. Dont you think the Patriots need some WR help ? How about the Jets, or 49ers, or Falcons, or Vikings, or Browns, need I really go on ?

I like that you are optimistic, hell why shouldnt you be. Every team is 0-0 at this point.

But as you claimed in another post "far and away" a better team. Well thats just laughable.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Reality said:
It's easy to say you're leaving during the off-season .. would be interesting to keep up with everyone who says they're done and how many of them return when the Cowboys start winning games.

They will all be back. You know it, I know it, and even they know it.
Sad that they try to posture as such.

PacoReloaded

Reaction score
I personally wasn't a fan of Deion but the minute he signed with us and wore the star I welcomed him with open arms and supported and cheered for him each and every Sunday.. and although I don't like what TO has done in the past the minute it becomes official and he wears that star it will be no different that Deion.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
But as you claimed in another post "far and away" a better team. Well thats just laughable.

Dallas isn't thru in free agency yet, having plenty under the cap.

Unlike Washington who over paid.

Dallas has a full plate on draft day with 1st, 2nd and 3rd round draft picks.

Washington has a side salad with only a 2nd round pick in the first day of the draft.

Dallas had productive rookies who are comming in from last season with a year under their belts.

Washington has a bust in a QB (ie. signed Todd Collins to be the back-up over Campbell) and other major concerns because of no real influx of youth.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
SilverStarCowboy said:
Dallas isn't thru in free agency yet, having plenty under the cap.

Unlike Washington who over paid.

Dallas has a full plate on draft day with 1st, 2nd and 3rd round draft picks.

Washington has a side salad with only a 2nd round pick in the first day of the draft.

Dallas had productive rookies who are comming in from last season with a year under their belts.

Washington has a bust in a QB (ie. signed Todd Collins to be the back-up over Campbell) and other major concerns because of no real influx of youth.

You cant be seriously making it this easy can you ? :laugh2:

Campbell is a bust ? After taking how many snaps last season can you deduce this opinion ? Gimme a break. I guess players like Rivers are already busts too.

Dallas indeed infused some youth on the defensive side of the ball that were positive signs. Do you want to discuss the offensive side of the ball ? Probably not.

No they arent done in the FA market ? Does that mean that their FA signings will be as good as last year ? You should hope for much better. I expect better.

Hmmm... Commanders signed a 1st round QB that they didnt throw to the wolves with 2 veteran QBs on the roster. Campbell was eased into his position and it will likely pay dividends.

Commanders draft. I would go over with you the players that the Commanders have gotten for their measly draft picks but it might confuse you. How shocked would you be if the Commanders moved into the first round this year ? I can tell you right now that I wouldnt be. If there is a player they want they do whatever they can to get said player.

Did the Commanders overpay, or did the Commanders set the market or did the Commanders ensure that they would get the targeted players that fit their schemes and pay them (maybe even overpay) to solidify that they would become part of the organization.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
You cant be seriously making it this easy can you ? :laugh2:

It is that easy.

SkinsandTerps said:
Campbell is a bust ? After taking how many snaps last season can you deduce this opinion ? Gimme a break. I guess players like Rivers are already busts too.

Firstoff Brunell isn't the starter for no reason and secondly, as I said, you just signed Todd Collins to back him up, lets see that makes him the 3rrrrd Q-B.

SkinsandTerps said:
Dallas indeed infused some youth on the defensive side of the ball that were positive signs. Do you want to discuss the offensive side of the ball ? Probably not.

Ahh, even you concede our Defense has far superior future.Discuss Offensive side of the ball, but ofcorse! Dallas has some nice talanted youth at RB and FB, two nice prospects at QB, Crayton is up and comming WR, Whitten a terrific TE just signed another today, I see Dallas drafting OL and WR. Lets see, that covers every single position. I could go on.

SkinsandTerps said:
No they arent done in the FA market ? Does that mean that their FA signings will be as good as last year ? You should hope for much better. I expect better.

Dallas has already exceeded last years signings, lol.

We will sign a kicker which will further the gap.

SkinsandTerps said:
Commanders draft. I would go over with you the players that the Commanders have gotten for their measly draft picks but it might confuse you. How shocked would you be if the Commanders moved into the first round this year ? I can tell you right now that I wouldnt be. If there is a player they want they do whatever they can to get said player.

You sound like the one who is confused, measly is not a term to use when selecting draft pick IMO, I like having a future.

SkinsandTerps said:
Did the Commanders overpay, or did the Commanders set the market or did the Commanders ensure that they would get the targeted players that fit their schemes and pay them (maybe even overpay) to solidify that they would become part of the organization.

Well.....they obviously overpaid out the kazoo!:laugh2:

Look, maybe you would have better luck on a Skins Board.

DABOYZ

Reaction score
TO will soon realize what Michael Irvin has been telling him all along. There is nothing like having that star on your helmit. Disrespect the STAR and your career is over! Most kids dream of wearing the star. Now TO finally gets to fullfill his dream.