A perspective on Dak

kskboys

Reaction score
The Cowboys leading receiver is....

Zeke. 53 catches.

When your RB is your #1 WR you are a check down QB.
Reggie Bush had 88 rec one year, his rook year I think. Is Brees a check down QB?
James White is leading the Pats w/ 74 receptions this year. Brady's a check down QB?

I think you made an assumption that proved to be inaccurate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken

Reaction score
outside of one long pass to zeke, the rest are dump off and screen passes. Dak doesn't go down field much and is not very good at it. 14 attempts of 20+ yards...that's it.....and 2 completions.....
That stat is wrong. I can think of about 5 off the top of my head that were over 20...

Stop making stuff up to suit your arguement.

Zman5

Reaction score
Reggie Bush had 88 rec one year, his rook year I think. Is Brees a check down QB?
James White is leading the Pats w/ 74 receptions this year. Brady's a check down QB?

And Kamara is Saints second leading receiver with 65 receptions.

Ken

Reaction score
name one that has made 14 attempts all year and made 2?

so your defense of Dak is everybody else was bad, so its ok for Dak to be bad? you know that doesn't make him good. right?
Are you really this dense? Gallup td vs washington, Austin Td vs Giants, Zeke bomb that you referenced...scramble play against houston to austin, 90 yarder to Cooper.

Get a clue when debating...it makes it so much more interesting.

ClintDagger

Reaction score

Saying a RBs receptions automatically make you a check down QB is probably too strong, but Dak is a check down QB. The film proves that out so the stats can be thrown out. He regularly forgoes opportunities downfield in favor of dumping it to Zeke. But that may be what he’s coached to do.

Zman5

Reaction score
2018 Yards per Completion.

Dak 11.0 yards
Wentz 11.1 yards.

YAC yards per team ranking

Cowboys 23rd (was 28th before Coops big game)
Eagles 21st

Wentz benefits more from his receivers YAC yards yet his Yards per completion is same as Dak's . Eagles run more screen also. I think they are ranked 14th in screen plays and we were 19th.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Skins had to sign Josh Johnson as their bad up QB. I know Dak isn't perfect and has aspects of the game he needs to work on. But, the Skins QB situation, proves of difficult it can be for some teams to fill in the QB position, if they don't already had a capable starting QB or lose their capable starting QB.

Dak may not be elite, or a top then QB. But, the Cowboys are still in a better spot concerning the QB position than a lot of teams are.
Dak got the starting job his rookie year because two of our QB's had broken bones, one a leg, the other a back vertebra. He was the 3rd string, how did you say it?... "bad" up QB. You don't have to remind anyone of us of the unfortunate circumstances some teams face with QBs. We are just a few seasons removed from it, ourselves.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys leading receiver is....

Zeke. 53 catches.

When your RB is your #1 WR you are a check down QB.
Or that's the offense you're OC prefers. Remember his mantra is"a shot pass is as good as a run. Late in the Saints game we had a third and long, we threw a short pass to Zeke in the flat. ThT was the design
Now that Scott has speed you'll see more stuff to Zeke, because that's his plan.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
name one that has made 14 attempts all year and made 2?

so your defense of Dak is everybody else was bad, so its ok for Dak to be bad? you know that doesn't make him good. right?
If we had Cooper all season then I would look at Daks and the offensive numbers differently. You continue to not factor in what we did not have in Cooper. Where have we been trending offensively since that move has been made? Zeke, Dak, Gallup, OL have all been improving week by week since the trade. And we still have room to get better this week and beyond.

DStar22

Reaction score
Dak looked better in the first half of the Saints game. a lot better. still not franchise though. If he can progress to play like that for entire games, then ok, but he still has to work on pocket awareness, getting rid of the ball and throw mechanics.

not going to make any excuses for any player on our team for what I plainly see.

and no, just being better than the skins or eagles and just winning the division is not ok. we need to set sights higher and play with the Patriots of the world.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score

Things that other QBs so to be productive in their game is used against Dak. Like when some want to take away short to middle passes away from Dak's stats, where the WR does some work to pick up huge chunks of yards after the catch. When all QBs have their stats assisted by their WRs doing the same thing, every Sunday.

Yet, when some go to credit Wentz and his stats, I doubt that they pick through his games to subtract the yards/TDs from his stats, where the WR caught the ball at middle to short range and then picked up a big chunk of yards with it. There are some criticisms of Dak that I agree with, but this focus on taking away credit for Dak for doing the same things other QBs do to help out their game/stats, is when I think the criticism of Dak goes overboard at times.