A perspective on Dak

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes, and this is the problem. This problem was noted in his scouting reports. His arm strength and his accuracy were a problem in college and three years into his NFL career they're still a problem. Overall, that's a major issue.

It's bad when you know that a third and long with this team is going to be a punt.
His arm strength is not an issue and never has been.

Seriously, who's giving you this inaccurate info?

Dak's accuracy is a problem primarily when his mechanics wane. At times he throws off his back foot, which could make it appear that he lacks arm strength.

I agree that Dak is not good on 3rd and long. I also have questions about his field vision.

kskboys

Reaction score
wow 28 yards in the air...you do know that they measure how far is the distance from LOS..... and its funny another poster claimed it was 21..... so you Dak lovers need to get together and get your stats right before making claims.

and in the end, Dak is still an average QB. undeniable.
Average? Not sure he's even average at this point. He's got some work to do, but has been getting better this year.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Average? Not sure he's even average at this point. He's got some work to do, but has been getting better this year.
I am giving him benefit of the doubt.... you did hear the latest from Dak Lovers. Its Maher's fault our scoring has improved on 1.4 points per game since Cooper trade..... its not Dak.....

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
wow 28 yards in the air...you do know that they measure how far is the distance from LOS..... and its funny another poster claimed it was 21..... so you Dak lovers need to get together and get your stats right before making claims.

So what are some of the league leaders in 20 yard passes in the air. I know they discuss it all the time because of it’s importance, but I missed it.

Provide some perspective please. I have an open mind to your point.

Also, what would your solution be at qb?

kskboys

Reaction score
I am giving him benefit of the doubt.... you did hear the latest from Dak Lovers. Its Maher's fault our scoring has improved on 1.4 points per game since Cooper trade..... its not Dak.....
I really don't pay that much attention to the extremists. It's obvious Dak has some issues and some corrections that need to be made, but it's also obvious that he's nowhere near as bad as Tebow. I simply try to keep it accurate.

Vandyr

Reaction score
His arm strength is not an issue and never has been.

Seriously, who's giving you this inaccurate info?

Dak's accuracy is a problem primarily when his mechanics wane. At times he throws off his back foot, which could make it appear that he lacks arm strength.

I agree that Dak is not good on 3rd and long. I also have questions about his field vision.

The NFL scouts are giving this "inaccurate" info. From his scouting report:

• Inconsistency mars almost every aspect of his game, especially mechanically
  • Location and accuracy are generally poor, makes receivers adjust to off-target balls and minimizes yards after catch
  • Doesn’t possess the heralded “power arm” that he was once rumored to have
  • Deep ball accuracy is lacking, touch passing needs a compass
It goes on, but the point is, all of this can be seen in any given game. Even without scouts having told all of us this prior to him becoming Dallas' 3rd string QB, everyone with eyes could see it in play, even during his vaunted 2016 season.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So what are some of the league leaders in 20 yard passes in the air. I know they discuss it all the time because of it’s importance, but I missed it.

why do Dak lovers get offended when anyone says Dak is average. what is wrong with that? if you would have read my other posts. I have said all along, there is no other solution. we are stuck with Dak. so what we have to do is game plan with Dak in mind, that he is not an elite passer and will probably never be an elite passer and we can't consistently win with our passing game. we are primarily a running team and Zeke central! sowe need to have a scheme, game plan and approach designed to utilize Zeke. he is the key to the Offense. given that its easier to find a WR (ala trade), build a strong OL, have a great running game and surround him with strong cast and minimize dependency on passing to win all Dak has to do is drive the bus, minimize his mistakes and make an occasional play.... what's wrong with that? why is every Dak lover so keen on making him to be this Elite QB in the league where its clear he is not.

its simple, all other stats aside. When Zeke was out, the team was 3-3. when Zeke has a good day (100+ yards total), we are 6-1. When he doesn't we are 1-4. before cooper. after cooper. Dak is been slightly better after Cooper.

tell me what's wrong with Dak being a middle of the pack QB? and why are you offended when anyone says that?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
That stat is wrong. I can think of about 5 off the top of my head that were over 20...

Stop making stuff up to suit your arguement.

I think the stat is since the bye, not for the season. Someone posted the breakdown in another thread.

And just to be clear, you can think of 5 completions, or 5 attempts? The latter would be a really, really poor argument.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score

I also have questions about his field vision.
The first is a product of the last, IMO.

I don't think there's an NFL throw that he can't make, physically. He just doesn't consistently put himself in position to make the throws, and I think that's because he is so slow progressing through his reads.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

here is a list of 20+ yard completions from NFL. it probably includes YACs....but Dak is 25th in the league in those type of pass results.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...egory=PASSING&conference=null&qualified=false

yards per pass attempt he is 20th

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/gross-yards-per-passing-attempt

and number of down field attempts....I think when I had the other stat about 14 down field pass attempts, it was probably the past 5 games...I will figure it out...but here are some more stats on down field attempts.
https://247sports.com/nfl/philadelp...e-20-yard-passes-than-Dak-Prescott-110161651/

Last edited:

Ken

Reaction score

You really do struggle with reading comprehension don't you? Maybe just comprehension in general.

I said 22 yards from the LOS...28 from where he threw it from, which doesn't matter. Looking at the chart it has it at 21 yards...i am good with that.

What point do you feel like you made again?

Ken

Reaction score
I think the stat is since the bye, not for the season. Someone posted the breakdown in another thread.

And just to be clear, you can think of 5 completions, or 5 attempts? The latter would be a really, really poor argument.
Just completions...but the real number is 9. 9 out of 33 attempts. 27% completion percentage with 3 tds and no ints.

Could be better certainly but not the dire straights that a lot of people try and say. For comparison, Wentz is 14 of 40 35% completion with 1 TD and 4 ints.

Shocking i know...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Just completions...but the real number is 9. 9 out of 33 attempts. 27% completion percentage with 3 tds and no ints.

Could be better certainly but not the dire straights that a lot of people try and say. For comparison, Wentz is 14 of 40 35% completion with 1 TD and 4 ints.

Shocking i know...
that's the point.....I am not saying its bad. he is what he is. could be better. should be better. which makes him an average passer. its ok. we win with an average passer. our game plan is not around Dak. its around Zeke and what he can do. nothing wrong with that....

Ken

Reaction score
that's the point.....I am not saying its bad. he is what he is. could be better. should be better. which makes him an average passer. its ok. we win with an average passer. our game plan is not around Dak. its around Zeke and what he can do. nothing wrong with that....
You do see that his numbers are infinitely better than a REAL qb though right?

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Hurns and Gallup are better than average, not to mention Beasley. The problem is the QB can't throw to anyone that isn't wide open, and when they do get wide open, there's no guarantee the pass will be anywhere near them.

You really need to stop making excuses for Dak.
Nearly 70% completion since adding Cooper

Doomsday101

Reaction score
only 1.4 more points per game......4 more games to play, lets see how things improve.....ultimately percentages mean nothing.

I agree but for me it is not producing in the redzone. Cowboys have moved the ball much better, Dallas drove 85 yards after stopping the saints on 4th and goal and taking over at the 2 yard line yet had to settle for the FG from the Saints 19 that included some critical passes by Dak like the 17 yard pass and run to Jarwin as we were backed up at the goal line. I think if Dallas can start doing a better job of executing in the redzone and put up 7's instead of 3's this team has a chance to make a run.