A perspective on Dak

csirl

Reaction score
Its sad that our starter isnt any more talented than the scrubs that the 'Skins are signing off the street.

waving monkey

Reaction score
outside of one long pass to zeke, the rest are dump off and screen passes. Dak doesn't go down field much and is not very good at it. 14 attempts of 20+ yards...that's it.....and 2 completions.....
could you provide a link for your argument of 20+ passing attempts and cpmpletions

Brax

Reaction score
You are quite amusing.

You obviously don't read many scouting reports. You appear to be completely unaware that scouting reports discuss every facet of a player. I have to admit, it's been fun, though, watching you struggle w/ reading and comprehension. You might've saved a little face if you'd have simply been able to comprehend what you are reading, and realized it didn't say what you thought it said.

Anyway, thanks mightily for the entertainment!!!! It's a blast watching people struggle when they've been proven wrong, and then throw out little 3rd grade insults and claim victory out of loss!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/dak-prescott?id=2555260
for both of you. peace it's christmas time

Hadenough

Reaction score
Skins had to sign Josh Johnson as their bad up QB. I know Dak isn't perfect and has aspects of the game he needs to work on. But, the Skins QB situation, proves of difficult it can be for some teams to fill in the QB position, if they don't already had a capable starting QB or lose their capable starting QB.

Dak may not be elite, or a top then QB. But, the Cowboys are still in a better spot concerning the QB position than a lot of teams are.

If your comparing Dallas to the middle of the league yeah Daks not a bad choice! But if your looking at where you would like this team to be next year or the year after. Mehhhh he isnt my choice! I really would prefer to see Dallas draft a good pocket passing QB. The reason is that in this league if you can make teams defend the whole field then your offense opens up more. I really dont think Dallas can win a SB or even make the NFC championship game with Dak!

Dorsett33

Reaction score
If your comparing Dallas to the middle of the league yeah Daks not a bad choice! But if your looking at where you would like this team to be next year or the year after. Mehhhh he isnt my choice! I really would prefer to see Dallas draft a good pocket passing QB. The reason is that in this league if you can make teams defend the whole field then your offense opens up more. I really dont think Dallas can win a SB or even make the NFC championship game with Dak!
Hmmm... I beg to differ. I'm willing to bet most DC would not to like to scheme against a QB that can run as well as throw. That's harder to defend. And to prove your theory wrong....Romo was a pocket passer and we never made it to the NFC Championship game. The dynamic of having a QB that can run and pass is much more dangerous than having a QB that sits in the pocket and throw. That's not to say it's a bad thing to have a pocket passer, but if you have a QB that can run and pass.....that's tough to defend against.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I think you are just a bitter Cowboys fan that is never gonna be happy with obvious progress. The guy missed 4 passes out of 28 thrown last game. Increased chemistry with Cooper and Gallup with only 1 incompletion between the 2 of them. But at least you own your hate.
24 out of 28....13 points..fumbled inside redzone...

meaningless stat. Without the points

Perhaps you should bow to the defense in appreciation

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So Zeke regressed since he had under 100 and Dak carried the offense? Lol. Bitter brother
not sure where you are going with this argument....you said.....Dak, 24 of 28...we should all stand up and cheer....clap clap clap...yet 13 points...

now you are shifting to Zeke and he had under 100...so Das carried the offense? we still had 13 points....

and if you want to go that route....Zeke played against a top 5 rush defense....Dak played against the 30th ranked pass defense.... so who regressed?

and Zeke still had over a 100 yards total and the only TD of the game....so he helped Dak, catching those dump off screen passes (aka long hand offs) to pat Dak's stats.....

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
not sure where you are going with this argument....you said.....Dak, 24 of 28...we should all stand up and cheer....clap clap clap...yet 13 points...

now you are shifting to Zeke and he had under 100...so Das carried the offense? we still had 13 points....

and if you want to go that route....Zeke played against a top 5 rush defense....Dak played against the 30th ranked pass defense.... so who regressed?

and Zeke still had over a 100 yards total and the only TD of the game....so he helped Dak, catching those dump off screen passes (aka long hand offs) to pat Dak's stats.....
Must stink there in the armpit of Texas.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
Hmmm... I beg to differ. I'm willing to bet most DC would not to like to scheme against a QB that can run as well as throw. That's harder to defend. And to prove your theory wrong....Romo was a pocket passer and we never made it to the NFC Championship game. The dynamic of having a QB that can run and pass is much more dangerous than having a QB that sits in the pocket and throw. That's not to say it's a bad thing to have a pocket passer, but if you have a QB that can run and pass.....that's tough to defend against.
When you look at the top 10 offenses in this league, none have run / pass type QBs. They are all guys that stand in the pocket and throw. You have to get to #11 and Carolina before you get to one that has a rep for being a runner. Yeah if you could combine Brady’s skill set with Cam Newton’s that would be a nightmare. But, it seems like no one (at least yet) has been able to be an elite pocket passer AND an elite runner. And if they were, the fear of injury would probably keep them in the pocket anyways. Look at Dak, he’s a bottom third of the league QB and he’s still so valuable that the coaches are scared to run him much.

All that to say, in today’s league and the kinds of talent that is out there you are better off with an elite thrower than you are with a guy who struggles to throw but can make plays with his legs.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Skins had to sign Josh Johnson as their bad up QB. I know Dak isn't perfect and has aspects of the game he needs to work on. But, the Skins QB situation, proves of difficult it can be for some teams to fill in the QB position, if they don't already had a capable starting QB or lose their capable starting QB.

Dak may not be elite, or a top then QB. But, the Cowboys are still in a better spot concerning the QB position than a lot of teams are.

So far, he's shown some clutch down the stretch in spite of everyone bagging on him.

I like his game. He's versatile and patient and I even appreciate the fact he sometimes holds on to the ball rather than forcing it.

That mentality pays off and takes discipline to keep up consistently. Dak does that.

His run game is exciting.

Now he needs to work on not fumbling and he'll have all it takes to be a great bus driver.

I say bus driver with all due respect to his game. He's an exceptional athlete. Now he just has to be an exceptional quarterback.

Pass2Run

Reaction score

C'mon, Pappy, have some class. Prescott has done nothing but win so you can't call him a loser like some of the other QBs Dallas has brought in over the years.

Romo is gone. So, give Dak credit where it's due. without all the childish antics.

Last edited:

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
The Cowboys leading receiver is....

Zeke. 53 catches.

When your RB is your #1 WR you are a check down QB.
You ever thought, maybe he has to be a check down QB otherwise he gets sacked? Did you realize he’s been sacked more than any other QB?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Dak got the starting job his rookie year because two of our QB's had broken bones, one a leg, the other a back vertebra. He was the 3rd string, how did you say it?... "bad" up QB. You don't have to remind anyone of us of the unfortunate circumstances some teams face with QBs. We are just a few seasons removed from it, ourselves.

Remember, Tony Romo was also the third option behind much lessor quarterbacks early on.

Drew Henson comes to mind.

That guy really stunk up the whole joint. So it's not uncommon to rise through the ranks in D-Town, if you have what it takes and the guys above you get banged up or don't live up to their hype.