A perspective on Dak

ItzKelz

Reaction score
It says average.

Should we throw out the arolina game? It was first game of the season and no on same page?

Should we tgrow out the jax game? We havent scored like that in a while.

Average is average. Not partial average.
Since we have added Cooper....a better than average WR how has Dak looked? We as fans should be happy with the turn around.

Vandyr

Reaction score
It says he doesn't a have power arm.

That comprehension thing getting to you again?!!!!!

A point they wouldn't even bring up if his arm strength weren't in question. It's sad that I have to spell this out for you.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Since we have added Cooper....a better than average WR how has Dak looked? We as fans should be happy with the turn around.
Better. Of course. If he didnt then i would have wanted him cut. But still middle of the pack. Same flaws. Cooper helps mask some of it

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
So you watch the NFL to see big passes rather than to see your team win.

No, moldy bread will only get you so far in life. You will die young from malnutrition. The Cowboys possible playoff run will die young due to a limited and largely ineffective passing game.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So all of Daks passing stats go up and he has ALL the same flaws?
Yes. Same inaccuracy issues. Which is not the same as completion stats. Same flaws in reading defenses.same lack of sensing pocket pressure. Cooper is very good at getting large separation so it helps dak because he doesnt tgrow with anticipation.

kskboys

Reaction score
A point they wouldn't even bring up if his arm strength weren't in question. It's sad that I have to spell this out for you.
You are quite amusing.

You obviously don't read many scouting reports. You appear to be completely unaware that scouting reports discuss every facet of a player. I have to admit, it's been fun, though, watching you struggle w/ reading and comprehension. You might've saved a little face if you'd have simply been able to comprehend what you are reading, and realized it didn't say what you thought it said.

Anyway, thanks mightily for the entertainment!!!! It's a blast watching people struggle when they've been proven wrong, and then throw out little 3rd grade insults and claim victory out of loss!!!!!!!!!!

zerofill

Reaction score
Saying a RBs receptions automatically make you a check down QB is probably too strong, but Dak is a check down QB. The film proves that out so the stats can be thrown out. He regularly forgoes opportunities downfield in favor of dumping it to Zeke. But that may be what he’s coached to do.

I think it is what they feel safe letting him do.

JBond

Reaction score
Skins had to sign Josh Johnson as their bad up QB. I know Dak isn't perfect and has aspects of the game he needs to work on. But, the Skins QB situation, proves of difficult it can be for some teams to fill in the QB position, if they don't already had a capable starting QB or lose their capable starting QB.

Dak may not be elite, or a top then QB. But, the Cowboys are still in a better spot concerning the QB position than a lot of teams are.
Sure. One starter had bones sticking out of his leg and now has a brutal infection. The Giants are what they are. Sad and old. How about Philly?

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
So was Donovan McNabb apparently. Brian Westbrook caught 90 passes in a season once, an Eagles record that was broken by Zach Ertz last night.

When you’re throwing to Todd Pinkston and Freddie Mitchell you don’t have much of a choice but to dump it off.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
No, moldy bread will only get you so far in life. You will die young from malnutrition. The Cowboys possible playoff run will die young due to a limited and largely ineffective passing game.
The average air yards an attempt in the Super Bowl is only 7.2.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
Cam sucks, always thought he sucked lol. I will take Dak over Cam... because I cant stand Cam the player, or the person lol.
Can is a top 7 qb. No body elevates their team as much as he does (excluding Russell Wilson)

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
Its not even close...Mayfield is a star, hope he gets away from the Browns someday..lol
Mayfield is low tier trash compared to the top young qbs like Mahomes and Watson.

Both watson and mahomes threw more touchdowns in 6 games than Baker Mayfield is on pace for in an entire season.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The Cowboys leading receiver is....
Zeke. 53 catches.

When your RB is your #1 WR you are a check down QB.

Beasley 48. Cooper already has 30.

We signed new guys and rotated a lot. Our 3rd has been our primary WR.

Cooper would have 72 at his current pace. Is Dak not a checkdown QB now?

Mobinvans

Reaction score
Mayfield is low tier trash compared to the top young qbs like Mahomes and Watson.

Both watson and mahomes threw more touchdowns in 6 games than Baker Mayfield is on pace for in an entire season.
Mayfield is a baller man, I would take him in a heart beat over Dak

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Yes. Same inaccuracy issues. Which is not the same as completion stats. Same flaws in reading defenses.same lack of sensing pocket pressure. Cooper is very good at getting large separation so it helps dak because he doesnt tgrow with anticipation.
I think you are just a bitter Cowboys fan that is never gonna be happy with obvious progress. The guy missed 4 passes out of 28 thrown last game. Increased chemistry with Cooper and Gallup with only 1 incompletion between the 2 of them. But at least you own your hate.

Cebrin

Reaction score
The Cowboys leading receiver is....

Zeke. 53 catches.

When your RB is your #1 WR you are a check down QB.

I'm not a huge Dak fan, but you have to take this with a grain of salt. 1, we had no #1 reciever until (get this) we traded and won every game since (for Cooper). 2, Zeke is hands down your best all around player on the field. We argued 2 years straight that he was under utilized year one, and two. He's the best RB in football, period. He can run, block, and catch. He's the only player aside from Carson Wentz that I even considered in the draft. Dak is no top 5 guy, but he's solid. Would I prefer a top 5 guy? Yeah. Absolutely. I think he has the tools to be a stud. He needs better QB coaching.