A petition to get Greg Hardy out of the league

Bigdog

Reaction score
I don't know if this has been mentioned before and if it has mods please delete the post, but I just read an article on CBS sports.com that an Eagles fan started a petition to ban Greg Hardy from the league. It has over 70,000 signatures on it. The comments below are amusing but some are curious like the one on AP beating his kid with a switch and there are pictures and there is no uproar over that.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
If he played in Philly this would not be an issue just like AP is not an issue in Minnesota.

With that being said AP would definitely be an issue wearing a star

Also eagles fans are idiots

jday

Reaction score
I don't know if this has been mentioned before and if it has mods please delete the post, but I just read an article on CBS sports.com that an Eagles fan started a petition to ban Greg Hardy from the league. It has over 70,000 signatures on it. The comments below are amusing but some are curious like the one on AP beating his kid with a switch and there are pictures and there is no uproar over that.

And the fan clearly has not ulterior motive for wanting Hardy out of the league. I'm just curious if he would still want him out of the league if the Eagles picked him up in the next round of Free Agency?....

AbeBeta

Reaction score

There was considerable uproar over AP. The difference is that is many months since his pictures showed up. AP handled his situation better and has been smart about not saying stupid stuff that would get him further attention. Hardy made it clear that he still doesn't get it several times.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I think it's funny.

That's what their season has come to is worrying about getting a petition out to ban a player from another team.

At least with as bad as our season is going I haven't seen anything like this from Cowboys fans. Thankfully.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

Just to clear my mind: Those are the people who applauded when Irvin suffered his career ending injury?!

I do think with their understanding of ethics they have all the rights to judge Greg Hardy.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There was considerable uproar over AP. The difference is that is many months since his pictures showed up. AP handled his situation better and has been smart about not saying stupid stuff that would get him further attention. Hardy made it clear that he still doesn't get it several times.

There was an uproar over AP, too. I disagree that he handled anything better. He was throwing fits well into camp about the MIN front office not supporting him.

Hardy made a couple dumb tweets and had a game related flare up on the sidelines. He brought the attention on himself, but the degree of attention it earned him was disproportionate and not something I remember seeing for another player since maybe Ray Lewis, who was another self appointed bad guy.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score

He who has no sin...

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
I wish they'd cut him. I wanted him signed but he hasn't helped. The chemistry is a mess. And you'd save his salary going forward.

CooterBrown

Reaction score
Silly. The league can't ban a player just because some group wants them to. Collusion and "black-ball" labor practices are illegal.

Junglist

Reaction score
I think it's funny.

That's what their season has come to is worrying about getting a petition out to ban a player from another team.

At least with as bad as our season is going I haven't seen anything like this from Cowboys fans. Thankfully.

I like the suggestion above to get a petition started to ban eagles fans from going to games. Now, THAT would be funny.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Well why stop here? Where's the petition to get the racist Riley Cooper out of the league?

His white male privilege is at play here. Chip Kelly is also racist from what I've read. Hey, a two for one deal right there. Let's get our own petition going and get them outta the league! Hooray!!!

:grin: