A reminder: jets were willing to trade Jamal Adams for Tyron smith

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
i love adams but a franchise LT for a box safety? No. And it was Tyron and our first and second rounder lol
Cowboys knew since 2017 Tyron was breaking down. No quarterback needs so many all pros on their o-line.

They only wanted picks if Martin or Smith weren’t on the trade table

phildadon86

Reaction score
Cowboys knew since 2017 Tyron was breaking down. No quarterback needs so many all pros on their o-line.

They only wanted picks if Martin or Smith weren’t on the trade table
No. It was Tyron and a 1st rounder. And it doesnt matter what they knew or didnt know. You dont make a trade for a safety using a HOF left tackle. Regardless if there was picks involved.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
HOF left tackle.
I love me some healthy in his prime Tyron but I wouldn't consider him a HOF type player. I guess I just feel like HOF players need to be a part of something. This is his 10th season. He hasn't played a full season since 2015. 2014 was probably his last truly dominant HOF type season. Again don't get me wrong but the players get so over hyped on this board it is crazy.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I love me some healthy in his prime Tyron but I wouldn't consider him a HOF type player. I guess I just feel like HOF players need to be a part of something. This is his 10th season. He hasn't played a full season since 2015. 2014 was probably his last truly dominant HOF type season. Again don't get me wrong but the players get so over hyped on this board it is crazy.
If you really think Tyron and Martin arent going to the HOF you may need to re think some things.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
i love adams but a franchise LT for a box safety? No. And it was Tyron and our first and second rounder lol
And it would have required Tyron Smith pass a physical.
But sure, let's alienate our all world LT to make a point on a message board.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
there u go, he is about worn out, so yeah they should have traded him for Jamal , maybe jets would have taken a 2nd and future 3rd
for him.
Tyron probably wont play many more games. He may wind up retiring.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
If you really think Tyron and Martin arent going to the HOF you may need to re think some things.
Meh maybe they both make it maybe they don't. Martin has a much better case IMHO. He is in year 7 and still making all pro teams and hasn't started to break down yet. He is on an HOF pace. If the Cowboys ever won anythign he would be a lock. At this point in Tyrons career he was already breaking down and no longer an all pro. His career may be over. I would consider him a possible but far from a lock at this point.

John813

Reaction score
From Fisher fwiw:

Back in October, Dallas pretty much offered too little, and the Jets - maybe gauging the market without any serious intention of doing a deal - maybe asked for too much, at different times requesting a first-, a second- and a third-rounder plus the involvement of an All-Pro offensive lineman, Zack Martin or Tyron Smith.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...dout-new-york-jets-all-pro-safety-jamal-adams

Asklesko

Reaction score

They dont let just anyone in the hall. You have to do something with your career. Tyron and martin were good players but what else?