A reminder: jets were willing to trade Jamal Adams for Tyron smith

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I can't wait for Adams to hold out next year and refuse to play for the 5th year option. He is crazy to still be playing. Zeke held out an entire year before his 5th year option. Man our front office sucks.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Don't forget to mention the top draft picks that they wanted as well. Be honest.

Gotta love half truths. I still wouldn't do that trade. You would have to give up that much and then pay him big money. Nah. We wouldn't know how to use him anyways. We would turn him into a deep safety and he would struggle.

Tussinman

Reaction score
I love me some healthy in his prime Tyron but I wouldn't consider him a HOF type player. I guess I just feel like HOF players need to be a part of something.
No offense but what the hell ?

First team all-decade at the 3rd most value position of the sport is 100% HOF. You add in 7x pro bowl and 6x NFL top 100 and he's a 100% lock.

He has almost the exact accolades of Orlando Pace

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I wouldn't have done Tyron for Adams and a first, let alone the other way around.
Jets got two firsts and a third and a fourth for Adams. Basically you are saying no to three first round picks and a third and a fourth for Tyron. You are familiar with the Herchel Walker trade right?

Tussinman

Reaction score
They dont let just anyone in the hall. You have to do something with your career.
lol at claiming 1st team all-decade at the 3rd most valueable position in the entire sport isn't "doing something with your career".

There is zero chance that the 2nd best tackle of the entire decade (only behind first ballot HOF Joe Thomas) isn't making Canton.

Asklesko

Reaction score
Witten is a first ballot. What did he accomplish?
Witten had legendary character and determination

lol at claiming 1st team all-decade at the 3rd most valueable position in the entire sport isn't "doing something with your career".

There is zero chance that the 2nd best tackle of the entire decade (only behind first ballot HOF Joe Thomas) isn't making Canton.

Meh. Im just saying, its just more dallas cowboys overhype.

Kaiser

Reaction score
i love adams but a franchise LT for a box safety? No. And it was Tyron and our first and second rounder lol

And an 11 Million dollar dead cap charge for trading Tyron... and the extension Adams was asking for...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Cowboys knew since 2017 Tyron was breaking down. No quarterback needs so many all pros on their o-line.

They only wanted picks if Martin or Smith weren’t on the trade table
exactly we will figure out how to replace TS and IMHO LC comes back and TS retires or gets cut , LC is the new LT and Knight or another is RT..easier then locating a new PB HOF LT that fans around here think we need all 5 to be.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
No offense but what the hell ?

First team all-decade at the 3rd most value position of the sport is 100% HOF. You add in 7x pro bowl and 6x NFL top 100 and he's a 100% lock.

He has almost the exact accolades of Orlando Pace
I guess maybe you are right. If an all decade team has 50 players and you take 5 players every year presumably they would all get in. I am pretty sure if I looked I could find some all decade players who never made the HOF or find some that you would say do not belong in the HOF.

Pace has more first team all pros, played longer, played in multiple super bowls and won a super bowl. His case is not comparable IMHO.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I can't wait for Adams to hold out next year and refuse to play for the 5th year option. He is crazy to still be playing. Zeke held out an entire year before his 5th year option. Man our front office sucks.
reminder also 2 high draft picks with it so still hard pas and a NO plus remember Adams been on sideline 2 games now and with him their derfse is still bad

so point is well there isnt one to your post..it was moot then and moot now..

Tussinman

Reaction score
I am pretty sure if I looked I could find some all decade players who never made the HOF or find some that you would say do not belong in the HOF.
There is cutoffs for all-decade team players that don't make Canton but Tyron Smith isn't one of them.

The cutoff for all-decade tackles who won't make HOF is someone like Joe Staley. Never made NFL top 100 and never made first team-all pro but still had solid career (2nd team all-decade, 6x pro bowl, 3x 2nd team all-pro).

Staley is the cutoff or on the bubble. Joe Thomas, Jason Peters, and Tyron Smith are what we call locks

Pace has more first team all pros, played longer, played in multiple super bowls and won a super bowl. His case is not comparable IMHO.
Nobody cares about superbowls for lineman. They had the same amount of pro bowls (7). They both had a combined 4 appearances on the all-pro team with Pace having 1 more 1st team than Tyron but it's negated by the fact that Tyron made 1st team all-decade while Pace only made 2nd team.

There accolades and reputation are actually near identical

Meh. Im just saying, its just more dallas cowboys overhype.
How is 7x pro bowl, 6x NFL top 100, and 1st team all-decade "random cowboys hype" :huh:

Overhyped based on franchise bias is someone like Maurkice Pouncey of the steelers. He plays above average and gets all-pro/pro bowl every year when he's really nothing special (solid but not great or elite)

Last edited:

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Just for fun I had a quick look Tony Boselli, Richmond Webb, Joe Jacoby, Ralf Neely and a bunch from the 20s, 30s and 40s made an all decade team as a tackle and are not yet in the HOF. Most of them do get in.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yikes what ?

You do realize jamal adams isn't even playing + wants high dollar money + you lose good picks ?

What are we yiking over ?
i think thats Bill Obrien who started this post..trade our starting left tackles and 2 high draft picks for a SS who then would want 20mil per year