A strange atmosphere for Thursday night's game

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Because losing gives us the chance to improve next year.

Better draft pick and the potential of no Garrett.

If Garrett remains the coach then you have to acquire the best players possible.

Also, we skip Free Agency so the draft is our only way to upgrade.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
I will be rooting hard for an L. So much more is at stake than just draft position - the value of dropping Garrett for even a league average replacement HC is worth roughly a top 5 pick on its own IMO. He is that clueless with anything less than top end talent across the board.

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
A once storied rivalry...sad.

It's been worse. There was a Monday night game back in the 2000's where the broadcast openly mocked how bad both teams were. It was an awful game and the Cowboys would up winning on a late score ... something like 10-7.

JDSmith

Reaction score
It's been worse. There was a Monday night game back in the 2000's where the broadcast openly mocked how bad both teams were. It was an awful game and the Cowboys would up winning on a late score ... something like 10-7.

I think it might have been 9 - 6.

I'm not sure a touchdown was even scored in that game. Now I've got to go look it up. Probably 2002 or 2003, Quincy was our QB.

Edit: 2001, we won 9 - 7.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Huge chunks of each teams fanbase want their team to lose the game.

Very odd.
My daughter bought me two tickets to the game back early in the year, so I'm going for her sake. Otherwise, I would not go, even though I've not yet been to ATT Stadium. In years past, I would have been giddy at the prospect of going to a game there, but Goodell/owners have taken what was once a good product and turned it into a **** sandwich. It's kind of hard to wrap my head around the thought, but I actually dread the trip...

Last edited:

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Who do you pick in this game? Haha I'm in first place in my work pick em' league. I could see this game going either way.

The Cowboys vs Philly game was the first time I have picked against the Boys in a LONG time but I had to be realistic. Can't let up now.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I will be at the game. I am hoping the Boys blow out the Skins but expecting just the opposite. The Skins are still moving the ball and scoring points which Dallas cannot do.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tenor.gif

Reaction score
Because losing gives us the chance to improve next year.

Better draft pick and the potential of no Garrett.

If Garrett remains the coach then you have to acquire the best players possible.

Also, we skip Free Agency so the draft is our only way to upgrade.
I fully understand the why.

Doesn't change the fact that it's a strange atmosphere. Here it is: Commander week. The week where Cowboys fans trash their opponents fans and vice versa.

Instead, huge amount of the teams fans want the exact opposite.

JDSmith

Reaction score
I think it might have been 9 - 6.

I'm not sure a touchdown was even scored in that game. Now I've got to go look it up. Probably 2002 or 2003, Quincy was our QB.

Edit: 2001, we won 9 - 7.

Yeah, I'm quoting myself

So looking that game up I realized we had some real clunkers back in 2001, 2 and 3. In 2001 we had games with scores like 6 - 10, 9 - 7, 3 - 36, 3 - 29, 10 - 17 and 10 - 15 - and I was perpetually optimistic then. I guess it's because we were only 4 years removed from a Superbowl and it felt like we just deserved to be in the hunt. I remember looking at the schedule for 2002 and 2003 and figuring we'd have to go at least 10 - 6, it seemed like we should win every game.

How times have changed.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will be rooting for a win. no way I can root for the Commanders to win, not at this point. However I won't be as disappointed if we lose, even get blown out.

But win or lose, it will not make a difference in getting Garrett fired. Well a loss won't, but a win will justify Jerry in keeping him.

We are in a lose / lose situation with this as well as the rest of the games.