A surprise visit from a cowboy today!...vid added Post #27

WVSkinsfan

Reaction score
I did'nt know were to post this so if you(mods) want to move it to the off topic forum then do.Anyways on march 26 my aunt and my little cousin that live in indiana was in a horrible car accident with their SUV going completly under a semi sending both to the hospital severely hurt.Both are in bad shape still yet and have ALONG ways to go b/c of all the broken bones and stuff.

Where I live so far away from them plus they have alot more family that live in West Virginia so they made a site for them to write and give us updates about their conditions and I just found out that my little cousin Jacab got a surprise visit from a COWBOY PLAYER today.

t.jeQzFGOLPrqywKyv.jpg

Jacob is much more alert today! The Drs finally witnessed Jacob lift his hand on command and follow an object with his eyes. This is good because now he will have more likely of a chance to get into a rehab facility. Jacob is being moved to the Pediatrics unit tomorrow, the Drs have finally for the first time told he that Jacob is in stable condition. Your prayers are working, we see proof of it everyday! Dr Zucker came to look at Jacobs hand. He feels it will be a couple of weeks yet before they can do the skin grafts so Jacob is going to stay here until then. We feel this will give him more time to rest and become more alert so that when he gets eveluated for rehab he will be able to respond more.

So Jacob had a coupe of visitors today. The first, was Tony Romo! The quarterback from the Dallas Cowboys. How awesome is that? He took time out of his day to visit with sick kids, now thats what I consider a role model! Thank you Tony! The second visitor was a theraputic St Bernard named Duke. Jacob, with the help of his mother, got to pet Duke which seemed to get a little reaction out of Jacob.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Very cool story! Tony seriously kicks ***. :bow: Hope your cousin get's well soon.

JBS

Reaction score
Romo is a miracle..and I am by no means making light of this situation..That is just how highly I think of him. The Dallas Cowboys are lucky to have a player like him to be the face of the team

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Thats sweet.
Thanks for posting.

Wishing your loved ones a speedy and full recovery.

WVSkinsfan

Reaction score
Yep I got to give Romo major props on this one.That kid is fighting for his life and he needs all the support he can get and he got some major support yesterday from Romo.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Thats an amazing story. My prayers are with him. Its not to late to switch teams ;) haha jk. I hope for a speedy recovery.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing the story with us. I love Tony Romo.

I am pulling for your cousin.

WVSkinsfan

Reaction score
Hostile;3381172 said:
Thank you for sharing the story with us. I love Tony Romo.

I am pulling for your cousin.

No problem you guys deserved to know b/c thats your QB.Cowboy or not that was a very very classy thing that he done and the whole family will appriciate it alot even that one Cowboys fans in my family.I don't know what that man's deal is!!;)

67CowboysFan

Reaction score
Hope your family members all fully recover.

Tony is a class act. We have had a few reports of him doing random nice things for people. This one tops the charts.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
All jokes aside, I'm glad to hear that. I hope them a speedy recovery. Romo is a good guy...we love him around here!

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Heres a little more about Romo's visit at the hospital.

http://www.fox28.com/Global/story.asp?S=12394633&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
He was in town to speak at the College Football Hall of Fame, but the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys extended his stay to cheer up some sick kids.

Tony Romo visited with pediatric patients at Memorial Hospital after the luncheon.

He also signed autographs, met with fans and posed for pictures there.

Key Bank sponsored the luncheon that happened earlier in the day and said the hospital visit was all Romo's idea.

Randy Foster, District President of Key Bank says, "It's really cool. He's the first one really in the luncheon series that has asked to go to the hospital to see some kids."

Tony Romo, Quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys says, "I've been blessed to be healthy and in a situation I'm lucky enough to be in and the kids sometimes got, you know, something they have to overcome or, in some cases, a tough draw. And you know, you just let them know that it's part of life but there's still plenty of things you can be happy with."

Romo says he tells the kids to have faith and just tries to make them smile... and there were plenty of smiles.

WVSkinsfan

Reaction score
Well guys im out and thanks again for your thoughts and prayers really does mean alot.:bow:

Dodger

Indomitable
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your story. I wish your aunt and cousin a full and fast recovery.

J-DOG

Reaction score
My thoughts and prayers are with your family. I hope that visit brightened his day. Thanks for sharing.