A surprise visit from a cowboy today!...vid added Post #27

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chief;3381599 said:
Wow, Tony in a suit.

Best wishes and prayers for a complete and speedy recovery.
He looks good in it too.

WVSkinsfan, your aunt and cousin are in my prayers.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'll keep your family in my prayers.

I think us Cowboys fans are pretty lucky to have a long line of classy franchise quarterbacks.

How could anyone not like Romo?

HanD

Reaction score
Wishing your family the best and a speedy recovery. as for romo, i really like him as a QB and his maturation from season to season but i hear stories about the person he is outside of football every couple of months and it makes me like him more as a person than as a football player. the guy is nothing but class and heart. just good people.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
WVSkinsfan;3381206 said:
Well guys im out and thanks again for your thoughts and prayers really does mean alot.:bow:

Good luck to your family and I hope for a speedy recovery.

By the way, what did your buddies at extremeskins think about the story ?

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Key Bank sponsored the luncheon that happened earlier in the day and said "the hospital visit was all Romo's idea".

Randy Foster, District President of Key Bank says, "It's really cool. He's the first one really in the luncheon series that has asked to go to the hospital to see some kids."

You will not see that on BSPN tonight or ever!

What a great job his parents have done. They must be and have the right to be very proud of him. Not for his athletic abilities or being the quarterback of the Cowboys, but for the great person the he is! I take my hat off to them, GREAT JOB!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
PhillyCowboysFan;3381708 said:
You will not see that on BSPN tonight or ever!

Of course not and it is not just ESPN or because it was a Cowboy player. Today good news does not sell they focus on the bad which leads many to feel most of these guys are bad

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
WVSkinsfan;3381143 said:
I did'nt know were to post this so if you(mods) want to move it to the off topic forum then do.Anyways on march 26 my aunt and my little cousin that live in indiana was in a horrible car accident with their SUV going completly under a semi sending both to the hospital severely hurt.Both are in bad shape still yet and have ALONG ways to go b/c of all the broken bones and stuff.

Where I live so far away from them plus they have alot more family that live in West Virginia so they made a site for them to write and give us updates about their conditions and I just found out that my little cousin Jacab got a surprise visit from a COWBOY PLAYER today.

t.jeQzFGOLPrqywKyv.jpg

Jacob is much more alert today! The Drs finally witnessed Jacob lift his hand on command and follow an object with his eyes. This is good because now he will have more likely of a chance to get into a rehab facility. Jacob is being moved to the Pediatrics unit tomorrow, the Drs have finally for the first time told he that Jacob is in stable condition. Your prayers are working, we see proof of it everyday! Dr Zucker came to look at Jacobs hand. He feels it will be a couple of weeks yet before they can do the skin grafts so Jacob is going to stay here until then. We feel this will give him more time to rest and become more alert so that when he gets eveluated for rehab he will be able to respond more.

So Jacob had a coupe of visitors today. The first, was Tony Romo! The quarterback from the Dallas Cowboys. How awesome is that? He took time out of his day to visit with sick kids, now thats what I consider a role model! Thank you Tony! The second visitor was a theraputic St Bernard named Duke. Jacob, with the help of his mother, got to pet Duke which seemed to get a little reaction out of Jacob.

hey man - thanks for posting! always good to hear us fans of other teams "rise above" the game and put life first. best of wishes to your family and i hope they recover soon!

jubal

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Your aunt and cousin are in my prayers.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
First I will keep your family in my prayers for a speedy and full recovery. I'm very sorry to hear about their accident.

Second thanks for sharing this story with us all. It's just another example of Romo being a quality guy and why I'm quite pleased to have him as the face of the franchise.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
On a completely superficial level, doesnt Tony look like a stud muffin in that suit?

skinsscalper

Reaction score
WVSkinsfan;3381143 said:
I did'nt know were to post this so if you(mods) want to move it to the off topic forum then do.Anyways on march 26 my aunt and my little cousin that live in indiana was in a horrible car accident with their SUV going completly under a semi sending both to the hospital severely hurt.Both are in bad shape still yet and have ALONG ways to go b/c of all the broken bones and stuff.

Where I live so far away from them plus they have alot more family that live in West Virginia so they made a site for them to write and give us updates about their conditions and I just found out that my little cousin Jacab got a surprise visit from a COWBOY PLAYER today.

t.jeQzFGOLPrqywKyv.jpg

Jacob is much more alert today! The Drs finally witnessed Jacob lift his hand on command and follow an object with his eyes. This is good because now he will have more likely of a chance to get into a rehab facility. Jacob is being moved to the Pediatrics unit tomorrow, the Drs have finally for the first time told he that Jacob is in stable condition. Your prayers are working, we see proof of it everyday! Dr Zucker came to look at Jacobs hand. He feels it will be a couple of weeks yet before they can do the skin grafts so Jacob is going to stay here until then. We feel this will give him more time to rest and become more alert so that when he gets eveluated for rehab he will be able to respond more.

So Jacob had a coupe of visitors today. The first, was Tony Romo! The quarterback from the Dallas Cowboys. How awesome is that? He took time out of his day to visit with sick kids, now thats what I consider a role model! Thank you Tony! The second visitor was a theraputic St Bernard named Duke. Jacob, with the help of his mother, got to pet Duke which seemed to get a little reaction out of Jacob.

Good luck to your family, bro. Mojo sent for a full and speedy recovery.

brickman

Reaction score
Great story! The people on this site are truly compassionate, caring people. Please know that your loved ones as well as you are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope they fully recover from this horrific accident. I can't even imagine what you and they must be going through. Tony is truly a leader and this shows he is more than just a football player, he's a thoughtful human being.

WVSkinsfan

Reaction score
Jarv;3381658 said:
Good luck to your family and I hope for a speedy recovery.

By the way, what did your buddies at extremeskins think about the story ?

They're giving him nothing but major props on this story!!

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=322850

Sorry to bring this back to the first page again and no need to write back but when I seen four pages of well wishs,thoughts and prayers I had to say thank you to all of you one last time b/c that really means alot during a difficult time like this.THANKS!!

WVSkinsfan

Reaction score
I just wanted to give you a little update on my aunt and cousin since alot of you was so thoughtful by sending them your thoughts and prayers when I posted in april that they was in a horrible car accident with their SUV going completly under a semi sending both to the hospital severely hurt and Tony Romo came and seen my little cousin in the hospital.

My aunt is out of the hospital but can't live by her self so she is living with her Daughter.She is doing better than before and she will never be the same but shes still alive and thats all that matters. she can't remember the wreck which I guess is a good thing.She did'nt even know that her own grandchild was in the SUV with her and when she finally found out that he was that it devastated her

Now my little cousin Jacob is a little better but not much.He is still in some kind of hospital.He has to go threw countless hours of therapy that is very painful to him b/c the poor kid can't hardly move his body at all.He can say a few words but not much at all and he can't even sit in a chair but just for a minute or so b/c it hurts so bad and his body won't let him.So basicly it sounds like the poor little kid rest of his life is ruined which sucks but he is still alive and hopefully a miracle can happen.

So again thanks to all of you who sent your thoughts and prayers to him and my aunt b/c that really means alot to me.

brickman

Reaction score
What a great thing for Romo to do. That is one of the reasons I am proud to be a Cowboy fan. I sincerely hope your family stays strong and wish a speedy recovery. God bless!